PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth putting my boat in this weekend?

catfishkid
13-03-2009, 08:41 PM
With all this oil and polution floating around is any one planning to go outside on sunday,the wind looks like it will have dropped,conditions will probably still be sloppy but the question I ask is it just a waste of fuel and will I spend the next month cleaning crud from my hull?Is anyone else considering heading out?
I was considering looking at hutchies area?

Cheers Craig

Donny Boy
14-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah....thinking about it.
Spose to be a ripper day tomorra.
Actually thought I might drop in at Wynnum or somewhere ... go over to Moreton & have a look for myself.

TimiBoy
14-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Watch out for the new arti's Craig.

I'm hoping to get out early in the week, but might hang around the South of Moreton on the outside. That'll be where the containers'll turn up...

Cheers,

Tim

harry_h01
14-03-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm heading out to Mud tomorrow morning to see what is on the chew.

Harry

bdaearth
14-03-2009, 08:02 PM
I was also thinking of doing a run from bribie to the banks to see whats going on but not to keen if I will be getting the boat covered in oil. Has anyone been out????

catfishkid
14-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Getting oil all over my hull is the reason I have decided not to head out tomorow,I am sure there will still be slicks out there just not sure where or how bad.
I am sure some will still head out,will be interesting to see how bad it is.
I will make good of the day tomorow and do some more maintenance just so I can sit in the boat even if its not in the water;D

Cheers Craig

harry_h01
16-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Well we hit Mud Sunday. No oil around the island I could see.

I did get some from the Pinkenba ramp when I was holding the boat (oil stain around my calf).

When I was washing down at home I notice a small oil line around the hull, but nothing over the top.

Harry

The-easyrider
16-03-2009, 10:39 AM
We went to Tangalooma from shorncliff and Tangers was still pristine except for one of hawkins trucks working on the clean up which was dropping nearly as much oil as it was carting so I pointed this out to somebody who seemed to be in charge.

Donny Boy
17-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Yeah.............interesting day out.
Didn't go over to Moreton to have a look.........instead put in at Cabbage Tree & went up to Coochie.
Ran thru & around a fair slick in the middle of Redland Bay.......no doubt on the Sand by now.
A blind Leper with Conjunctivitis would have seen that slick......
but, for those of you young enough to remember.......................................... ...... In the immortal words of Sergeant Schultz) )................
I see nothing........................nothing............ ......................