PDA

View Full Version : Albury Wodonga?

goat boy
13-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Hi Guys

I'm heading down to Albury from Tweed Heads way next week for work. I'm driving down so I figured if worth it, I can throw a bit of fishing gear in the back of the ute. From what I can gather from googling a few searches, Lake Hume is the closest place to fish?
I'll just take my light lure gear down if suitable, a little Berkley Dropshot with a Shimano Seido 1000 loaded with 2lb string. Any tips/suggestions on what to take would be great. Thanks!

Goat

wilcara
13-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi - not sure what the go is with Hume right now.. there are some very nice trout streams not too far away if you have some time and able to travel? The Mitta R runs into Talangatta area.... or would you consider Jindabyne or Eucumbene?

goat boy
13-03-2009, 07:52 PM
I'll be there for 6 weeks and have weekends free. I'm taking my car for the reason that I want to get out and do something in my spare time rather than sit around and veg out. If it's in reasonable distance I'll go there? :)
Cheers

I GOT CRABS
14-03-2009, 02:17 AM
doesnt the murray river run between albury and wodonga?

bar raider
14-03-2009, 07:36 AM
you are correct, the murray runs straight through the two!

the river and the Hume wier gets trout, yellowbelly, carp and redfin,

unfortunately the good fish are hard to get and the pests are easy.

wilcara
14-03-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm sorry I don't know anything about the Hume so cannot help you, but I do know people chase natives up there in a variety of locales... if you like trout fishing it is a great base; look up the Mitta Mitta at Eskdale or the variety of rivers south towards Omeo... consider teh rivers around Wangaratta like teh Ovens etc... think you are not too far from Mulwala for fantastic cod fishing, I reckon there would be heaps of possibilities. You could ask some other mexicans on fishnet?

luskin
16-03-2009, 05:18 PM
I would try fishing below the weir wall ,as you are land based Goat Boy.

You can get trout ,reddies and yellas there. Right place right time :-)

Also try fishing at mungabareena reserve down stream from the weir.

Definately head up to the Mitta and Little Snowy rivers for trout and even head up To Khancoban or Corryong..beaut spots regardless.

Have a great time, best month of the year is April in Albury.

Also head to The Bended Elbow, Paddy's Bar and Three Monkeys taven....

There are some good golf courses too..

Cheers

Sy

aussiebasser
17-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Plenty of places around Albury/Wodonga to wet a line. The Hume weir has fish, any access points to the Murray downstream from Albury all the way to Mulwala are worth a try. There is the Keiwa river as well, out of Wodonga. Down near Wang you have the Ovens and the King.

ferral
19-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi still catching a few redfin in dam and a few yellowbelly but this dam could change any time. Iwould to sudgest fishing down stream in the river.There are a few good cod getting cought. Went to burrunjuck dam last week plenty of goldens. on scrimp. Some nice cod being cought this week also the goldens still running best half hour before dark to one hour after dark for yelowbelly.