PDA

View Full Version : Having Withdrawals

russ81
11-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Hows it going guys

I am in a bad way guys just like a drug addict having withdrawals After moving up to Darwin I had the displeasure of having to sell the beloved but cursed Trailcraft and since parting with her I haven't wet a line. Being up here in fishing paradise without a boat is a crime so I decided bugga it Im gunna take the plunge and get another vessel even though it would have to be a lot smaller so I went and put a deposit on a Stacer Proline 3.99 with the dealer giving some good and bad news, the good news being a boat was already in construction the bad news it was still gunna be a 6 week wait, so as I sit here sweating it out I decided to go and get a fix being a brand new flashy bow mount I decided to go with the 54lb watersnake. Now I'm trying to think of where to get my next fix the sounders looked good on the shelves flashing at me.

Russ

Pete62
11-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Go for it Russ, just keep buying toys, the six weeks will pass quicker. The Watersnake is not bad for the $$.

There must be some kind of landbased fishing u could do to stop the shakes or a charter.

Over hear on the east coast we have all been watching Hamish, looks like he is fading now, good for the upcoming fishing trip but not so good for those hoping for rain to fill up the dams.

Cheer's Pete.

levinge
11-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Bit of advice, get yourself onto one of the local charters. You'll learn some local tips on the fishing, get to know a few areas, see how the pro's do it and have alot of fun. might cost you a couple of dollars, but by the time you get on the water, you'll have some idea of how, where and when to fish...