PDA

View Full Version : Bluewater Alloy Boats

halfpace
09-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Bluewater Alloy Boats. Thinking of maybe getting them to build a plate boat. Can anyone tell me how the go. Doing some research before making the leap. The boat I want to build is 4.8m side console possibly running a 90 or 115 depending on finances.

disorderly
09-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Why buy a 4.8....?

Check out this Bluewater..its a beautiful boat....

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=166

halfpace
09-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Nice boat, but to big handle on my own.

tin can marlin
09-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Mate i have meet scott at bluewater and he is a top bloke and knows how to put a boat together. I would have to say with fisher going they are now the bench mark in factory direct plate boats.

Wahoo
10-03-2009, 04:08 AM
halfpace, great boats, Scotty has a 4.8 on the go now, he did tell me the price but i forget now, was hull and trailer only.................
here is a pic of a 4.8m huge boat for the $$$$$

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/48.jpg

TCM........i thought they were the bench mark even when fisher was still around

nickstock
10-03-2009, 07:22 AM
That 4.8 is a sexy looking boat Wahoo. I would of loved to have bought something like that if the dollars allowed.

Rod_Bender
10-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Mate I brought one 12 months ago from Scotty and was money well spent!!!!!!!

You have to ride in one b4 you'll be convinced.

PM me and we can discuss anything you like further.

Wahoo
10-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Well Greg, No, Im not kidding, when i was looking for a plate boat i went for a run in a fisher, just about did the deal with col, untill i went for a run in a bluewater, i found the Bluewater went better than the fisher for my liking, the harder one gives the Bluewater the better it goes, and a hell of alot dryer, the fisher did not feel this way and that is why i went with the Bluewater, plus i found Scotty alot better to deal with, there are better boats than the fisher, there not the bees knees, i can name 3 other brands, you need to ride in a few other plates and compare them

Scott nthQld
10-03-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm also in the market for something around 5.5m, I'd build a bluewater, only limited by the dollars available, so it'll have to wait to be the next boat.

Greg P
10-03-2009, 09:03 AM
.................................................. .................................................. .

Good onya Daz - as long as you are happy with it.

Wahoo
10-03-2009, 10:17 AM
.................................................. .................................................. .

Good onya Daz - as long as you are happy with it.

Greg, I'm more than happy with it, just as you are with your fisher

Daz

Wahoo
10-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Greg, no worries mate,

Daz

Greg P
10-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Greg, no worries mate,

Daz

Daz - I dont think either the Fishers or Bluewaters are the bees knees or even finished anywhere to a standard near a rig like say AMM but then again they are not supposed too and have other benefits that you or I see differently to someone who bought a AMM. The best finished platie I have seen so far comes from Bevan's AMF in NZ - those boats are magnificent.

Cheers

Greg

DAVE_S
10-03-2009, 04:48 PM
halfpace
if you decide to go with a bluewater try and get ralpf to build it ,he knows his stuff and the quailty of his welding is top class .

Isaac
10-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Ralph used to work for Col, way back when. Workmanship is top class. Bluewater was dearer than Fisher when we were looking. Good rigs though.

Fishbone
10-03-2009, 09:55 PM
so did Scotty - he built my boat with Ralph when they worked for Col at Wynnum... BTY it was a Fisher!!

Rod_Bender
11-03-2009, 04:34 AM
Mate i've got photos from start to finish when Scott built mine. His built more quality boats then i've seen Asian's at Sydney's fish markets!!!!!!

Like you said, his super easy to deal with, nothing is an issue dealing with him and i did all this from Townsville over the phone.

There's a reason why his still actually making his BW's while other business's are bone dry or gone bust, whatever you do, DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

backlash08
11-03-2009, 06:12 AM
I looked seriously at BW, Fisher and others, I went for the fisher but I was very impressed with the BW

Tim_N
11-03-2009, 09:38 AM
Scott and Ralf also made my boat way back when too.
Excellent boat builders in their own right and for what it's worth, I reckon you get a lot more boat for your buck with a Bluewater.
Great boats, really good fella's, go and check them out or ring Scott on 3888 4715 and make an appointment.
Tim

jake0
11-03-2009, 10:35 AM
i have fished off wahoo, and the ride is second to none, 15 +knts N/E and cruzzz at 55kph handles very nice, great boats the bluewater, would like to see one fully painted thou, but then again i have never been in a fisher or a noble super v

PS, Daza, took the boat with the new prop for a run late yesterday, lifted the motor one hole, just a whole new boat to drive, thanks, you know your stuff mate

Wahoo
11-03-2009, 02:37 PM
PS, Daza, took the boat with the new prop for a run late yesterday, lifted the motor one hole, just a whole new boat to drive, thanks, you know your stuff mate

glad it went well mate, the Enertia is a outstanding prop

Daz

captain rednut
11-03-2009, 08:35 PM
hi guys ive had many dealings with scotty from blue water boats and installed a sterndrive in one of his larger boats and i can say the quality and after sales sevice ive seen him provide would be everything an owner would wish for, also dont be afraid of bluewater boats dissapearing like some others hes smart and kept wages and overheads low! they will be around for a long time. (well done scotty) cheers jim

Rod_Bender
15-03-2009, 11:03 AM
HalfPace - have you test drove a BW yet?

halfpace
15-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Hey Rod_Bender. Haven't had a chance as yet to get out in a BW. Been working to hard. Going to give Scott a call on monday and see if he can organise something, possibly with an old customer. Keen to get out and see how they go. Not having a boat is depressing.

Wahoo
16-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Hey Rod_Bender. Haven't had a chance as yet to get out in a BW. Been working to hard. Going to give Scott a call on monday and see if he can organise something, possibly with an old customer. Keen to get out and see how they go. Not having a boat is depressing.

Hi H/P, he has this boat on special i think, 5.2m, or you can go for a run in it,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/BW52.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4xgold0/BW522.jpg

jake0
16-03-2009, 08:57 PM
hey Daza, do you what the dollars are on this boat?

Wahoo
17-03-2009, 07:52 AM
hey Daza, do you what the dollars are on this boat?

Not to sure mate, give them a call, he did say it was this months special

Daz

Rod_Bender
22-03-2009, 12:20 AM
thats a great looking CC mate!

nickstock
22-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Thats my ideal boat Daz.

Perfect for both river work and fishing the wider reefs up here!

If only the dollars allowed - (the missus lol)

Nick