PDA

View Full Version : My SportFisher/ Fishing Boat build progress " It floats"

mungindi
09-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Afternoon,
Well I finally got it on the water and got a few quick photos, I had the motor Fitted by Boats Galore at Bundaberg. They did a really good job and have been honest and upfront to deal with through out this, Peter the owner has gone out of his way to make sure it all went well and the young fella matt put in a serious effort to make sure it was finished on time. Good people to deal with.
I have only had a short run in it so far as there a few more things to go on before it hit's the salt water proper ( windshield ,targa top etc ) and I want to make sure everything is as right as I can get it before really testing it in the salt.
So far things are looking pretty good in a couple of the photos you can see a bit of a rooster tail above the motor it's just the tranducer which needs sorting out thats all. At the moment we are getting 40kph at 4100 to 4200rpms , 50kph at 5000rpm and a bit over 60kph at 6100 t0 6200 rpm. which is pretty close to what we expected. As there is not really that much more weight to go on when the motor loosens up a bit and with a bit of fine tuning I think I should be able to improve on these figures a bit. But at this stage I'm pretty happy with what I'm seeing.
I will put up some more figures and how i find the handling of it when it has done a bit of saltwater time. Also there are a lot of people and buisnesses who I have dealt with while building this boat who deserve a mention for their advice and good service they have given me through out this. which I will put up when everything is totally sorted
Gary

bronsonwinston
09-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Nice looking rig. What size is she and what size donk are you running on the back?

mungindi
09-03-2009, 04:46 PM
G/Day Bronsonwinston,
Thank's for the compliment, it's 6.7mts/22ft long the motor is a Suzuki DF 140hp. it pushes it along nicely.
Gary

Angla
09-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the picci's. It looks like a great boat to be and has some good figures to boot.

Chris

cbs
11-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Nice clean looking boat gary. Let us know how it goes in a bit of chop.

pilchardjones
13-03-2009, 09:50 AM
it looks great - congratulations on a top project.
great figures too for a 22ft boat only running a 140.
steve

levinge
13-03-2009, 10:20 AM
She looks the goods mate, bet your itchy to get her finished and wet in the salt.

Hope she brings you many hours of enjoyment and plenty of fish over the side.

Tight lines

Brett