PDA

View Full Version : Send Her Down Hamish

SeekingBarradise
09-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Hi i was just wondering if Qld's Barra belt got any rain from cyclone Hamish?

Hopefully some of SEQ low dams will get a top up as well.

Anyway if you have any info on rainfalls feel free to share it with us.

Cheers Lyndon.:)

Colo77
09-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Damn you Hamish.>:(

I'm in the Mackay area. Funnily enough the rainfall was fairly minimal considering. We copped about 200mm in town but far less at the dams, Teemburra & Kinchant (maybe an inch?).

Still, it was enough of a concern that peoople may become stranded as creeks rise / conditions deteriorate further, should the local rain & wind increase that the Teemburra Barra Classic comp organisers called it quits for everyones' safety:'( . I'd been looking forward to this weekend for well over a month & Hamish had to f#*k it for everyone.

Bloody Hamish could've came a day or 2 earlier or later as a day either side of the comp has been prime. Today, you wouldn't even know a cat 5 cyclone just passed by. A little overcast but the wind speed has been very low, 5 to 10 knots. Perfect in my books.

Hope the local impoundments in the SE get a top up tho. God knows we don't need it up here but you guys much deserve it down there.

Cheers,

Awoonga
09-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Awoonga not a drop ......so far .......

roydsy
09-03-2009, 04:35 PM
It has been very quiet here in hervey bay, with warnings to be ready to evacuate if Hamish changes track. 25/30kn winds, but now we have finally got some rain and things are getting funky...... lenthals is already nice and full so look out Burrum River, with consequent storm surges from TC Hamish and possible overflow from Lenthals..... possible flooding you wouyld think.

Steve B
09-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Nothing here.....about .5mm of rain and 20knots wind

BobbyJ123
10-03-2009, 04:42 AM
We got 41 mm in the Seaforth/BallBay area and 25km/h winds, while Farleigh, 35 km away, copped 295mm.

Cheers, Bobj.