PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading my Boat

sporty1
08-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi All
I am going to upgrade my boat and was wondering if anyone has an idea of what it is worth either privately or as a trade on a new rig.You will see from the attached pics that it is a 1998 3.85m Quintrex Explorer with a 25 hp 2 stroke Mercury outboard all in very good condition. It has a lot of extras and these include:
Solas stainless steel prop plus spare aluminium prop
Stingray Foil on outboard
New extra large Bimini top
Side console with storage however it is still a pull start engine
Bilge pump
65litre full plumbed live bait/ kill tank
Rod locker for up to 6 rods
with 10" wheels and spare tyre
Base model PiranahMax 210 hummindird sounder
2 folding padded pedestal seats
3 adult and 2 children's lifejackets
Front and rear casting platforms with large storage underneath
New trailer 3:1 trailer winch
Jockey wheel
Full marine carpet throughout
Plate aluminium 4mm floor not plywood as most boats
Full length side rails
Front and rear electric motor mounts
Navigation light brackets
Full length waterproof travel cover

I was thinking somewhere between $4,500 AND $5,500 might be attainable but your suggestions would be appreciated.

Nanny King NQ
08-03-2009, 10:26 AM
If I was to put in an offer it would be around the $4000 mark and probably go to $4250.

sporty1
08-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks Nanny
looks like i was around the right price

Scott nthQld
08-03-2009, 01:44 PM
something like that would go for around 4-5k up here. Looks like a very good little creek boat.

Just be aware that in normal economic times, well not normal, but before everybody started losing their job, you would acheive 4-5 quite easily, but in order to sell now you may have to sacrifice a few extra dollars.

I'f I was you, I'd put in in for 4.5- 5k, but be willing to go down to about 4. It might be exactly what some people would be looking for to stay on the water after, like many, having to downgrade, and they will jump on it, by advertising a little higher than you would expect could yeild you a more positive result, but it could also meant that a lot of people are taken out of the market. A serious fisho will see what it's worth though, which will also help avoid the various tyre kickers.

sporty1
08-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the replies guys,

I have had some interest at $4,000 - $5,500 from other Ausfish members so i seem to be about right with my estimation. I will not be selling for a few weeks as I have promised a mate I will hold off till after Easter so he can try and arrange his finances. But after then it will definately be up for Sale.

rosco1974
08-03-2009, 05:13 PM
mate i think 3500 if you needed to sell quickly or 4500 if you didnt care how long it took to sell...cheers rosco

BOMBER
08-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Easily worth 4,500 - 5K just sold a similar boat recently, only difference was I had electric start don't sell it to cheap you will get your price as people are looking for this type of boat.

Regards,

The Bomber

Scott nthQld
08-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Easily worth 4,500 - 5K just sold a similar boat recently, only difference was I had electric start don't sell it to cheap you will get your price as people are looking for this type of boat.

Regards,

The Bomber

Thats exactly my sentiment. Not only will people that still have their job be taking advantage of cheaper interest rates, but you'll also get people who have had to sell their larger boats who still want to stay on the water, therefore they'll be looking for smalle boats for a substitute.