PDA

View Full Version : Yalta 615

comfortably numb
07-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Gday all
interested in the yalta craft odessa 615 but most of the ones i can find have got 130's of varying make on them. has anyone here actually owned or been in one with a 130 on it? seems a little under powered?

further to that does anyone have one in the Gladstone area they wouldnt mind me having a look at - the internet can only tell me so much...

Cheers in advance Matt

tin can marlin
08-03-2009, 08:05 AM
A freind of mine owns one and has had a few issues with the 130hp Yamaha being underpowered and also not proped correctly. The dealer was supporsed to water test it and they said they were to busy and the thing only revs to 4800 in the end he had to go to Yamaha to get it sorted as the dealer did not want to know about it. If it were me i would be getting a 150 4 stroke if you can afford it.

comfortably numb
08-03-2009, 09:20 AM
thought that might be the case.
was he happy with it when the prop issues were sorted?

honda900
08-03-2009, 09:22 AM
The 130 will push it along Ok when setup correctly, get in contact with Marine Tune in Burleigh, they will be be able to take you for a test drive in one.

I personally would be looking to put more horse power on the back. There is another guy on this site who has one, bought last year he put a 200hpdi on the back.

Regards
Honda.

tin can marlin
08-03-2009, 10:05 AM
thought that might be the case.
was he happy with it when the prop issues were sorted?
He was happy then with boat etc but wishs he had pt 150 on it and if it were me i would talk a different dealer than marine tune maybe somone local so you can get good service.

megafish71
08-03-2009, 10:31 AM
I had a 200hp 4 stroke Yamy on the back of my 615 odessa, IMO a min of 150hp is required, I think that a 175hp would be about the sweet spot for this hull. BTW if you do purchase an odessa, be sure to fit a set of trim tabs to it reguardless of what horsepower is on the back.

Cheers Ron

comfortably numb
08-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the comments

am looking at secondhand so dealer service is not such an issue and burleigh is a long drive...

Megafish - was already thinking trim tabs would be a good idea. did you find the boat to be very unstable at rest? were you happy with the ride?

megafish71
08-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the comments

am looking at secondhand so dealer service is not such an issue and burleigh is a long drive...

Megafish - was already thinking trim tabs would be a good idea. did you find the boat to be very unstable at rest? were you happy with the ride?

The Yalta ride is fantastic, 23 degree deadrise and a narrow beam alows the hull to cut through rough seas with ease. The yalta is a little rolly at rest but no worse than most of the bigger named brand glass boats. IMO the yalta is one of the best value for money offshore boats.

Cheers Ron

Blackened
08-03-2009, 06:22 PM
G'day

Grand_Marlin fully restored an odessa, awesome hull. He had a 130 V4 Yamaha on the back and IMO, was quite ok. Pretty good match to be honest.

Do a thorough search, may find the old thread

Dave

jekylandhyde
26-03-2009, 08:13 PM
I have a brother in law with that yalta and a 140 merc carb 2 stroke.The boat handles very well and certainly has adequate power. But it is a very noisy motor and the combo would be so much better with a 4 stroke150 min.