PDA

View Full Version : 20 year old stumpjumper,is it worth anything

otto
06-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Hi,
I was fishing in the Hay weir trolling and things were very tough, I tried every thing. Then I found a brand new black and yellow STUMPJUMPER lure that I had never used before. I was in the proses of putting it on my line when my mate said don't use that because it's a collectors item worth a lot of money, so I didn't.
Does anyone know if this is true? Or was he just pulling my leg. It's about 20 years old STUMPJUMPER, size no 1, brand knew,no box,with coloured fixed bib, yellow with black triangle strips and original hooks.
If it's not I'll use it next trip.
Thanks, hope someone can help,
regards OTTO

Dan5
07-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Hi,
I was fishing in the Hay weir trolling and things were very tough, I tried every thing. Then I found a brand new black and yellow STUMPJUMPER lure that I had never used before. I was in the proses of putting it on my line when my mate said don't use that because it's a collectors item worth a lot of money, so I didn't.
Does anyone know if this is true? Or was he just pulling my leg. It's about 20 years old STUMPJUMPER, size no 1, brand knew,no box,timber with coloured fixed bib, yellow with black triangle strips and original hooks.
If it's not I'll use it next trip.
Thanks, hope someone can help,
regards OTTO

Yeah mate checkout E-bay........some of the older lures in good nick have been going for up to $600.........And the older original stumpjumper's are fairly sort after.

bdowdy
07-03-2009, 10:11 AM
if its timber it would be worth afew dollars to a collecter,,,id love to take it off your hands if you are keen to sell::) ;D ..brett

otto
08-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Hi, Bret. I WAS GIVEN THE WRONG ADVICE by my friend I think it's Moulded.Would it still be worth anything being approx 20 years or more?

I'm REALLY SORRY about the mislead info:-[

otto
08-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Hi, Bret. i WAS GIVEN THE WRONG ADVICE by my friend I think it's Moulded.Would it still be worth anything being approx 20 years or more?

I'm REALLY SORRY about the mislead info:-[

fishsmith
09-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Hey, Otto are you sure its 20 odd years old as i believe the older sumpjumpers where made of Tmber in Aust and the new ones of today are injection moulded in China.. The Timber lures are where the money is....