PDA

View Full Version : Offshore DI Sunday

codz22
06-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Well after a few months of riding a mate for some of his old pro spots, I finally get the piece of paper with those lats and longs. The Day started very early sunday moning around 3 driving to bullock point and launching the boat. With the bar crossing out of the way, we started drifting the first mark b4 sun up with plenty of promise with heaps of undersize squire, reds and sweetlip coming to the top. but it was not happening for the bigger fish. So after trying a few more marks with no sucess we tried looking for some pelagic action. and it wasnt long till we found a big school of mac tuna.

I have been trying to get a chance to use my new certate HC and loomis now for over 6 months and i just hasnt happened. So i throw on a raider and first cast gets nailed after a 5 minute tussle i boat my first fish on the new setup. stoked i kept at them and boated another 4 fish b4 the school dissapeared, not bad for 7 casts.

After some breaky we headed futher north to some of the other marks and found some good shows on the sounder but there werent on the chew, we boated a few pearlies and a spottie, after a few more moves we get onto a big patch of undersize squire with about 20 landed in half an hour with a 1 legal a parrot, 2 trag and a shark thrown in the mix we decided to call it a day at 12 and headed in

All up it wasnt a bad day considering the northerlys that we blowing hopefully next trip will be in better conditions. The trag were thrown back because im not sure what the eat like and the other mac tuna were used for bait. With supprisingly good results

larfin
06-03-2009, 02:41 PM
A nice feed there mate
cheers
greg

two dogs
06-03-2009, 03:34 PM
some nice fillets there... personally i like trag. Hope the mate riding continues to pay off

snagking
06-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Nice fish!

poundalead
06-03-2009, 05:36 PM
At least you got a feed mate D.I. can be frustrating. Those marks in close will fire up in a couple of months. Good luck for the future!

Cheers Benny

skipalong
06-03-2009, 05:57 PM
nice work mate a great feed there

justin

Spot82
06-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Yeh mate there was nothing biting down out there on sunday or monday, they were very quite till late arvo! Least you got a feed and as someone else said give it a few months till the fish fire up off DI