PDA

View Full Version : Teemburra Dam 14th & 15th

Herby13
05-03-2009, 12:43 PM
hey guys, looking at going to Teemburra next wknd and i was just chasing some well needed info on the place.

I got a 4.3m Stacer with a 40hp 4stroke, is that aloud on the dam??? I heard it was a 25hp limit a while ago.

Looking at targeting barra and sooties.

I have never been there before so any info on the fishing tips, roads to take (or not take) etc would be awesome.

Thanks

fsh00
05-03-2009, 08:08 PM
No prob with your boat on the dam,fairly straight forward geting there, i think there is a local comp on there this weekend so it will be fairly flogged.

cammo79
05-03-2009, 08:17 PM
yeah hopefully by the time the comp is over the barra will know what all my lures look like, it fishes pretty well, head up the creeks and fish smaller lures like junior b52s, lucifers, tilsan barra etc.

there is so much structure to choose from just find a spot you like and flog it and if you do no good move along.

ive promised to take the missus up after i fish the comp this weekend so i might even run into you. white stacer proline 40efi merc and a fat bastard driving.

cam

Colo77
05-03-2009, 09:28 PM
The boys are right, there are over 100 entries in the comp this wknd so the following wknd might still be a bit too soon. All those fish are gonna be so wary of anything that hits the water for a while.

Most lure types work there, my fav's atm are sp's. Think of em as a big bass & you won't go too far wrong. Structure & reasonably shallow water (0.3 - 3m) are the go.

Cheers,

Cheers Colo

Herby13
06-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks guys, well it nearly sounds like teemburra is off the books then, does anyone know how long it'd be to get too eungulla then instead? and is the extra k's worth it?

Colo77
06-03-2009, 10:23 PM
mate, i'd give kinchant a go. Some BIG fish come off the wall at night, cast or trolled. Is also closer to Mackay than teemburra.:thumbup: Can go all night for a big O sometimes, but when they're on, they're on. The wall is hopeless thru the day on a weekend (except maybe the far, far end) as there is ski boat after jet ski after ski boat roarin up & down the wall with no regard for anglers>:( . The back of the dam would be the go in the day time. There are plenty of points & weed beds to work. :)

Here's hoping TC Hamish doesn't decide to settle in. Couldn't have come at a wose time with the Teemburra comp on tomorrow. If it gets cancelled or postponed (i hope it doesn't) cos of the cyclone comin close i'll let you know coz Teemburra will fish well still if there isn't 60 odd boats all over the place this wknd.;)

Eungulla is a good 1.5-2hr slog from mackay & is an excellent sooty fishery (from what i hear) with the odd barra caught. If you do go up there, eungella range is pretty steep so i hope your tow vehicle has plenty of grunt.

Best of luck.

Colo77
09-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Herb,

The comp at Teemburra got canned after about 4hrs of start time so maybe it won't be too bad this wknd after all. Kinchant still well worth a shot tho if things are a bit quiet at Teemburra.

Teemburra = more consistent fishin but smaller fish.
Kinchant = more angler hours per fish but much better quality size wise.

The ball's in your court.

Herby13
10-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Colo77, thanks heaps for that info mate its muchly appriciated. I see they are predeicting 10mm-20mm of rain for both saturday and sunday so i might try teemburra saturday morning, then head to kinchant to troll the wall at night.

I'll post a report if i actually go and catch anything.

Thanks again.

Colo77
10-03-2009, 06:58 PM
No worries.

Thinkin about hittin kinchant tomorrow night 4 a few hours. We'll see!

Herby13
11-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Let us know how you go. . . .

Colo77
13-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey Herby,

I fished Kinchant all night (9-4) for 1 fish 73cm & a handful of missed hits. They didn't seem overly active. Most hits came when the moon was high in the sky.

We ran into some blokes that fished it from about 5pm til 10:30, they got 4 fish on the troll from sunset on, earlier in the evening.

Another fella was leavin as i got there. He got 0 for the arvo, not even a hit, he fished the quarry & up the back. I told him I was gonna have a flick off the ramp before I drop the boat in, he joined me & got a rat after about half a dozen casts.

A bloke at work knows a fella who has fished it every night this week & got a fish every night?????

That's the latest update from me.

Good luck.

Herby13
18-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Well i went out early saturday morning, and come home sunday midday.

Landed one barra about 60cm odd, miss another 2.

Lovely looking dam, it reminds me of Borumba except with Barra.

Will definetly be back.

Colo77, thats the luck of the draw hey, still one for the night is better then none i suppose hey.

Colo77
19-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Lovely looking dam,

I assume you're talkin about Teemburra. Kinchant nearly looks better in the dark:D . At least you got 1 for your trouble:-/ .

Better luck next time.

BobbyJ123
20-03-2009, 05:33 AM
Hey Herby,

I fished Kinchant all night (9-4) for 1 fish 73cm & a handful of missed hits. They didn't seem overly active. Most hits came when the moon was high in the sky.

We ran into some blokes that fished it from about 5pm til 10:30, they got 4 fish on the troll from sunset on, earlier in the evening.

Another fella was leavin as i got there. He got 0 for the arvo, not even a hit, he fished the quarry & up the back. I told him I was gonna have a flick off the ramp before I drop the boat in, he joined me & got a rat after about half a dozen casts.

A bloke at work knows a fella who has fished it every night this week & got a fish every night?????

That's the latest update from me.

Good luck.

G'day mate, been following this thread quite closely. I was up at Kinchant on Monday, for 3 hours, 7am to 10 am and have to say that the fishing was very slow.
Water temps were hovering around 28C, very calm. Used B52s, gold and silver, barrabait 8+, hollowbellies, horny toads, but it was the B52 gold that got 1 barra about 70 cm from the weeds. The place???? Where Hitman1 got his first....;)
Cheers Bobj.

Colo77
22-03-2009, 12:36 AM
G'day mate, been following this thread quite closely. I was up at Kinchant on Monday, for 3 hours, 7am to 10 am and have to say that the fishing was very slow.
Water temps were hovering around 28C, very calm. Used B52s, gold and silver, barrabait 8+, hollowbellies, horny toads, but it was the B52 gold that got 1 barra about 70 cm from the weeds. The place???? Where Hitman1 got his first....;)
Cheers Bobj.
Hey mate, 2 of 9 we got about a month ago, was my best night on the water yet!

Fished it few times since with little results.

My lastfish there (73cm) fell to a tango dancer, a memorable catch.
The only fish caught between 3 of us in 2 boats. Headin out there 2moro night again.
See you on the water some time. I'm in a 385 Stessl Edgetracker Tournament with a 30hp Honda on the back. Towed by a Rodeo 4x2 white.

Cheers,