PDA

View Full Version : Sad news about trailcraft

tin can marlin
04-03-2009, 08:49 PM
One of Australias most admired brands trailcraft went into the hands of recevives yesterday. This is not a rumor but fact they have put a statement out to there dealers saying that the downturn in the econmy was to blame etc. The boat industry is in maybe the worst shape it has ever been in and our support is needed because if we all should be supporting locally built products etc because if we don't we will be all fishing out of rigs made in china which affects aussie jobs right from the welder to the painter to the suppliers etc. Good luck to all of the trailcraft workers and also the dealers. I do feel for the dealers with there stock as the boats will be sale proof without factory warrantys etc. Lets hope this is the last but sadly i think that is whichful thinking.:( :( :( :( :(

levinge
04-03-2009, 09:04 PM
It is a sad fact to see a business go into receivership. In a very competitive market, those manufacturers who price their products at the higher end of the market, will, without doubt, be amongst the first to suffer.

People haven't stopped buying boats, they have just stopped buying expensive boats. Quite alot of the smaller companies which have turned their products to a competitive price, will survive this period.

Its evolution "Adapt or die" simple busines, but I do feel for all those at Trailcraft as they produced a nice rig.

searay215ec
04-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Trailcraft has turned to shit since november and employees layed off at that time are still waiting entitlements now are the employees that were told the bad news today.
The biggest losers will be dealers that have paid for boats in full that are incomplete, trusts me i know.

Voluntary administration not receivership

juju
04-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Jezz thats a bloody shame, they build a boat ok is a bit more $ than a (insert many other alloy brands) but you got what you paid for , a well built boat with a high level of finish, safety, and stength...I did a lot of looking around before i bought mine and it was just so much better than waht else was on offer in the sort of boat that i was after...we are more and more becoming people that buy throw away items....remember when you would buy a quality drill, now its a cheapy from you know where...and the result is now for those who want to buy the quality they have trouble seeking it out....penn reels..once USA now.....
Cars used to go to a workshop and get "fixed"...now they just replace a part instead of repair.....i reckon that there will be alot of trailcrafts still getting around in years to come but......one more thing, you would be getting a bit edgy putting down a deposit on a new boat on order these days...who else will go...esp in the smaller brands...my work is down , but i wont cut corners to "get the job"...i was talking to a fellow pestie yesterday who has switched to a generic brand termiticide to cut costs.....quality comes at a price and when things are bad looking to "save" money isent always the best option...

tin can marlin
04-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Trailcraft has turned to shit since november and employees layed off at that time are still waiting entitlements now are the employees that were told the bad news today.
The biggest losers will be dealers that have paid for boats in full that are incomplete, trusts me i know.

Voluntary administration not receivership
Gee that is real bad for the dealers they must have paid early in good faith that the boat was going to be sent. I think that it is important that people go in and support the dealers with these boat and maybe just which them well or buy some bait or a rod or something just to show that ausfish members care about there businesses and there staff.

Grumpah
04-03-2009, 10:29 PM
It is really sad news when any Oz firm goes in but even worse when it's local.

It makes me wonder why more of those that are still trading do not take better care of customers like me who are awaiting news of their ordered boats but can get none. Do they think they are immune to falling down the hole. I would have thought that any manufacturer who has customers waiting today would be doing their darndest to make sure they stay happy - or they might end up with a pile of unsold boats on their hands.

I feel sorry for Trailcraft and particularly the staff who make the craft, because usually they are the biggest losers. Receivers are usually the winners because they will always get their fees and often exorbitant ones at that.

Juju - I reckon you're spot on about maintaining the quality, but you also must keep up or increase the customer service because in any business - its word of mouth that can save you or kill you and those well informed, happy customers with a quality product are worth their weight in gold in terms of future business. I believe that for every happy customer you might get 2 or 3 referrals - but for every unhappy one you'll get 20 or more who badmouth or even exaggerate the poor service or quality.

Which is all a little off topic but there you go.

Cheers.

juju
04-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Juju - I reckon you're spot on about maintaining the quality, but you also must keep up or increase the customer service because in any business - its word of mouth that can save you or kill you and those well informed, happy customers with a quality product are worth their weight in gold in terms of future business. I believe that for every happy customer you might get 2 or 3 referrals - but for every unhappy one you'll get 20 or more who badmouth or even exaggerate the poor service or quality.

Which is all a little off topic but there you go.

Ive have gon the way of investing more money in equipment (eg new thermal camera, and a remote video inspection camera)...the problem is i have to charge the same as the less equip guys/companys..im a solo one man op....i will no cut corners...i lose a few to the cheap guys...but id rather do quality...

White Pointer
04-03-2009, 11:01 PM
G'day,

Please don't bury the patient while they are still alive!

Voluntary administration may afford the opportunity for the business to trade on while they adjust to difficult times.

The employees may just depend on us waiting and not passing judgement.

Sound familiar?

White Pointer

Grumpah
05-03-2009, 07:43 AM
White Pointer has a good point.

Voluntary admin to my mind simply means someone is in there counting. If the business has been well managed and the assets haven't been mortgaged or sold, there is often a good chance as business can survive. If the management of Trailcraft have moved early enough it might just be that they and their people will live to fight another day, albeit maybe as a reduced operation. Lets hope.

Cheers.

Noelm
05-03-2009, 07:55 AM
This may seem a little naive, but explain how an Administrator can save an ailing business, but the owners cannot (who may have operated for years and years) seems more to me like Administrators now, receivership next week, just sort of goes together, I hope I am just being my usual negative self here, and fail to see the obvious!

Noelm
05-03-2009, 07:57 AM
By the way, this is not speculation on the current business (trailcraft) it is just a related question.

backlash08
05-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Noel, in some circumstances current owners or manages 'cant see the trees for the woods' or can't identify bad costs or lost opportunities, simply too close to the business. This is certainly not always the case and I have no idea about trailcraft but I have seen, through my business relationships, a number of organisations come out of vol admin and prosper with a new way of thinking so that is how SOMETIMES administators can be good for an enterprise
cheers - Craig

Outsider1
05-03-2009, 08:09 AM
This may seem a little naive, but explain how an Administrator can save an ailing business, but the owners cannot (who may have operated for years and years) seems more to me like Administrators now, receivership next week, just sort of goes together, I hope I am just being my usual negative self here, and fail to see the obvious!

A Receiver is appointed by creditors and has only one focus, realising the assets of the business to repay creditors. They would only continue to operate the business if this was perceived to add value to the assets they are trying to sell.

A VA is appointed by the directors and/or shareholders of the business to assess its financial position and options and draw a line in the sand. They may, or may not be able to revive, revamp or re-organise the business with the agreement of creditors and shareholders into a viable ongoing business. If creditors are not satisfied with a VA, they will normally appoint their own receiver who would takeover from the VA.

No guarantee that a VA will produce a better result, but they can do, and at least suggest some hope of doing so. The only chance of a revival of a business in receivership is a white knight investor, and they are as rare as hen teeth in that situation. They instead normally wait in the background to buy the assets at fire sale prices if they really want them.

Noelm
05-03-2009, 08:10 AM
yep, I guess there is a possibilty that the owners are just "riding on the wave" of the good old days, and habits are ingrained, but you would need to be a pretty bad business person, and have not read a Newspaper for the last year to not know things are not too rosey at the moment.

TimiBoy
05-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Voluntary Administration brings in a third party to run the business.

A meeting is held with all creditors to examine the company, and discuss options. About 4 weeks later those creditors come together again, examine the plan, and put it to a vote. A 75% majority is required to keep the business running.

Usually it is effective when the Business is being pursued over something relatively small. It enables all creditors to be dealt with at once, and often comes up with deals they can be happy with, renegotiating their finance contracts and setting up payment plans for unsecured creditors.

The nett result is everyone does better than if a liquidation occurs. No one wins one of those. The business keeps running, and everyone gets their money.

It is also a useful tactic to stave off one entity trying to send you broke. If they are less than 75%, they fail in their action, and everyone else votes for the plan that gives the ratbag nothing. Pretty funny really. Trouble is in the future it can be hard for the company to get finance, as it goes "on the record".

Also if an insolvency (cannot pay their bills on time) is applied for against a business, that business will often chuck it into a VA, as this will hold up the insolvency process, bring in all the facts, and make a liquidator very edgy about getting involved, if assets are not there to fund their action. They are expensive. So it is often the case that liquidation won't happen. No one really wants it, unless they are a stone cold ar$ehole.

Note; A person cannot apply for VA, only a company can. Companies are liquidated, people are bankrupted. There is a difference.

I hope this helps. It also does not represent legal advice, as I AM NOT A LAWYER!!!

Cheers,

Tim

Noelm
05-03-2009, 08:31 AM
I see how it could possibly help MAYBE and lets hope it is the case here, but I just see serious doubts that salvation is possible if it has got so bad, but as mentioned, this is not meant to be Legal advice, just some insight to try to help us mere plebs understand procedures and methods that are in place to move to an amicable outcome for all concerned in difficult times.

bennyboy
05-03-2009, 10:16 AM
You would not want to have a Trailcraft with a problem.
What would happen with the Warranty?
I notice alot of the dealers have still got alot of stock in their yards.
They would be a very hard boat to sell!

boatie_72
05-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Also onesteel has taken trailcraft to court re $600,000 out standing.

DeadWater
05-03-2009, 12:01 PM
As a Trailcraft dealer we are not worried about trailcraft as for stocks we have over 15 boats in stock
warranty will not be a issue
www.watersprotsmarine .com.au

Blacktown N.S.W

boatboy50
05-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Deadwater,

Please explain how warranty will not be an issue should the company cease to exist?

Darren

STUIE63
05-03-2009, 01:00 PM
trailcrafts biggest problem was that they would not change their designs at all .I wanted a tiller steer boat with underfloor fuel tanks they would not build it even though the same hull was available as a c/c and a s/c with underfloor fuel needless to say I bought a different brand how many other people did this happen to
Stuie

charlieash
05-03-2009, 01:00 PM
I work at Logan River Marine and the boss has said we will put a 2 yr warranty on the trailcraft boats ourselves .no real concerns about doing so as the hulls just dont have problems

Marlin_Mike
05-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Deadwater,

Please explain how warranty will not be an issue should the company cease to exist?

Darren

maybe the dealer has enough faith in the hulls to carry the warranty? A post above by charlieash says the same thing. Good to see the dealers doing it if that is so

Mike

james1
05-03-2009, 01:34 PM
I wonder how many Dentists and Chiropractors will go out of business now there will be fewer trailcrafts around.;) Now excuse me whilst I go and hide under my desk.

DeadWater
05-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Deadwater,

Darren

I have never seen any warranty claims on the hulls, ok a seat or a burnt out deck wash, but trailcraft build a great boat for the money.
So I would say that we would cover the warranty.
O and Trailcraft are not CLOSED
So until they do then everybody can panic about it untill than why worry there is still new stock from dealers
we are just lucky that we have the 760 in stock.

15 Trailcraft boats in stock;D

DeadWater
05-03-2009, 02:18 PM
for all the Ausfish guys we are now going to sell all all Trailcraft boats and trailers at COST price
they will not last
Via email only
tony@watersportsmarine.com.au

Please keep inmind that this for boat and trailer only.

DeadWater
05-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Ok guys just got the news that Trailcraft has closed there doors, but i can tell you that we will cover warrantys on all trailcraft boats sold through us
watersportsmarine.com.au

DeadWater
05-03-2009, 03:21 PM
give me 2days to work out our cost price on all our stock and I will put them in a Email to you

searay215ec
05-03-2009, 04:59 PM
It is really sad news when any Oz firm goes in but even worse when it's local.

I feel sorry for Trailcraft and particularly the staff who make the craft, because usually they are the biggest losers.

And i'm one on them

SNAPPERCOFFIN
05-03-2009, 06:22 PM
And i'm one on them

Sorry to hear searay I know how you feel. Mate I hope you got all your money owed to you did you see anything coming or did you get blind sided as well ? How is the boating industry where you are will you get another job quickly ?

Mark

searay215ec
05-03-2009, 06:31 PM
We are all ripped off at the moment, but time will tell. We have all the legal information and support we require but usual time will tell.

SNAPPERCOFFIN
05-03-2009, 06:35 PM
All the best and chin up and go fishing.

lippa
05-03-2009, 08:00 PM
tin can marlin,
you seem to be the one always in the know and 1st to post when some poor bugger is going belly up, what is your position in the marine industry?

on the hulls never failing.............. I'm sure we could dig up a few stories there!

hope it works out for the employees, at least the guys with warranty's have dealer support in this case, or so it seems.

cheers

lippa

tin can marlin
05-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Hi Lippa i just get some good mail of the boys at stones and also cunningham's but trailcraft has been old news they have had issues for over 12 months. I just feel sorry for the dealers.

White Pointer
05-03-2009, 09:27 PM

G'day,

You are not being naive. I guess you may not be old enough to have seen anything like this before.

Businesses are sometimes caught by sudden changes in economic conditions. Businesses like boat builders are the types of businesses that are hardest hit. They sell "luxury" goods and these are the first off the shopping list when consumers are belt tightening.

Now, a prudent business would not have expanded too fast or borrowed too much and would have kept something in reserve - if they had seen this coming. Did the world's economists, bankers, superannuation funds, governments, anybody see this coming? Don't look for someone to blame - let's just deal with it.

Voluntary administration allows a professional accounting firm to deal with the affairs of the business independently of the owners/directors. They are impartial (unlike owners/directors) so they can rescale the business for survival provided they have cooperation from creditors - especially banks and other lenders. They can negotiate to suspend debt, renegotiate repayments, deal with suppliers claims, etc, etc.

Now (1), the future employment of Australians and the continued training of apprentices depends on having businesses that survive this, and the boat building business is a hard case - luxury goods - but don't we do them well!

Now (2), the banks have benefitted from the largess of the Government (i.e. taxpayers) in guarantees bank deposits and by ASICs measures in preventing short selling of bank stocks. So the banks (and their shareholders) have received a huge leg up from you and me to support the Australian economy and that means keeping industry afloat and people working.

So here's to the banks for keeping us employed - because we paid them to.

White Pointer

FNQCairns
05-03-2009, 09:59 PM
G'day,

You are not being naive. I guess you may not be old enough to have seen anything like this before.

Businesses are sometimes caught by sudden changes in economic conditions. Businesses like boat builders are the types of businesses that are hardest hit. They sell "luxury" goods and these are the first off the shopping list when consumers are belt tightening.

Now, a prudent business would not have expanded too fast or borrowed too much and would have kept something in reserve - if they had seen this coming. Did the world's economists, bankers, superannuation funds, governments, anybody see this coming? Don't look for someone to blame - let's just deal with it.

Voluntary administration allows a professional accounting firm to deal with the affairs of the business independently of the owners/directors. They are impartial (unlike owners/directors) so they can rescale the business for survival provided they have cooperation from creditors - especially banks and other lenders. They can negotiate to suspend debt, renegotiate repayments, deal with suppliers claims, etc, etc.

Now (1), the future employment of Australians and the continued training of apprentices depends on having businesses that survive this, and the boat building business is a hard case - luxury goods - but don't we do them well!

Now (2), the banks have benefitted from the largess of the Government (i.e. taxpayers) in guarantees bank deposits and by ASICs measures in preventing short selling of bank stocks. So the banks (and their shareholders) have received a huge leg up from you and me to support the Australian economy and that means keeping industry afloat and people working.

So here's to the banks for keeping us employed - because we paid them to.

White Pointer

Curiously YES! In 2006 it was well foretold and right up until the first "shock":o, I even and 1 other on this site also let our 'crackpot' prediction air with ample time for anyone to shore up their position...I did, sold out and moved to a renter and term deposits instead of shares, I was too early in hindsight but still better for it, more is to come.

Sorry couldn't help myself it's easier to just sheeple it but I hate the way we reinvent history to justify the present...it's almost an Australian tradition.

Cheers fnq

TimiBoy
06-03-2009, 05:58 AM
My Father had this pegged way back when Bill Clinton threw things open to allow mortgages to be written "lo-doc". How long ago was that???

Dad was a longtime board member, and for a while chairman, of a large building society in South Oz. He also wrote the Building Society Act. He had the experience and understanding to know. Many others did too.

But the world (media & financial) was so caught up in the hype about how good this was for "the people" that the protests were lost in the bullshit.

Tim

Noelm
06-03-2009, 07:18 AM
White Pointer, I am plenty old enough to have seen stuff like this before (I think you may have paid me a compliment with the age) BUT I was just sort of mumbling about how a succesful? business can be saved by a rank outsider, when the owners could not keep it afloat, if you get what I mean.

TimiBoy
06-03-2009, 08:38 AM
The theory is, and apparently it works quite well, is that it's a fresh set of eyes, very experienced in Business.

They also know how to negotiate with your creditors far more effectively than you do. They can see the forest from the trees, and can often resolve issues the Business owner cannot.

Consider that often a Business has some fairly illogical attachments to some methods/income streams/activities that are actually not profitable, and burden the Business. Owners often can't see them. Administrators find them and chuck them. Ruthlessly. All very upsetting, but the amount of times they have rescued Businesses speaks for itself.

Cheers,

Tim

the gecko
06-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Dealers warrantying boats themselves? hmmmm

A warranty is only as strong as the company giving it........as weve just seen. Most companies are backed by $2 in assetts. (no disrespect to the great dealers who are assocciated with ausfish members).

Coontakinta
06-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Is there anywhere where one can get some more information on this? Newspaper articles etc?

TimiBoy
06-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Dealers warrantying boats themselves? hmmmm

A warranty is only as strong as the company giving it........as weve just seen. Most companies are backed by $2 in assetts. (no disrespect to the great dealers who are assocciated with ausfish members).

Actually usually it's $10. I'm not kidding...

Cheers,

Tim

PinHead
06-03-2009, 03:47 PM
a bit off topic...the entire financial debacle has been brought on by one group of people and they certainly have not been short changed in any of this.

White Pointer.."continued training of apprentices"..that would be great but it is bloody hard ot find many kids that really want to work..they all seem to want to start as managing directors.

stevej
06-03-2009, 06:07 PM
warranting a weld here or there or a part replacment is easy

accepting resonsibility for major defects or degin deficiencies that may cause incidents where law suits are place is an area where your statment we will warranty any boats sold is worthless

mik01
06-03-2009, 06:55 PM
so what fees does an administrator charge? is it a standard %
how does that affect the viability of the business?

stevej
06-03-2009, 09:18 PM
take solicitors fees and double it

seceratary takes a photo copy $15 charge for that

the fees most administrators charge would be 100% the amount it would normally take to manage the company.

administrators are generally there just to make sure the carcass goes to the secured creditors, and manage whats left for the unsecured

timddo
06-03-2009, 10:16 PM
admistrator fees, we had a couple debtors in voluntary administration

director fees $700 an hour
mangers $300
Normal admin $100 an hour

After the administrators have finish - there is not much left of the organisation.

There are usually two types of problems.

1.If the company is cash flow insolvent but balance sheet solvent- then most likely they will survive

2. if the company is cash flow insolvent and blance sheet insolvent - no way they can trade out - very unlikey.. This particular company that went into voluntary admin had $300,000 in assets and $1.5million in debt ,, 4 weeks later ( in liquidation).

Grumpah
07-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Like I said earlier in this thread Receivers are usually the winners because they will always get their fees and often exorbitant ones at that. For receivers read any administrators. There are firms out there that do nothing else and you can bet they don't drive Holdens and live in your blue collar suburbs. I was thinking about it yesterday and if all the stock in dealers has been bought and paid for, unless they own their company buildings (unusual these days), have other good company owned assets (possible) or have money in the bank (unlikely if in admin) then I'd reckon there's not much hope. If you then take out the administrators fees - it doesn't sound too good.

I've just been through a month of listening to Financial experts talking about this sort of thing and one of them made a comment that really stuck in my head. He said "you have to really keep an eye on trends in your business. If there's a downward trend and you don't fix it, as soon as the trend goes below the break even point you're in severe trouble. Your creditors will take over and then they will decide if you will stay in business. And, he said, believe me they very very rarely let anyone stay in business because they want as much as they can get NOW! So much as I hate to see a Qld business fold - I cannot see how they will survive if their stock is all sold and they're in admin. But - where there's life as they say. I hope for the employees sake there is something left to share around.

Grumpah
07-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Sorry to hog this space but i just read something to this effect:

Andrew Murphy, National Marketing Manager for Trailcraft Boats has advised that management has placed Trailcraft into voluntary administration. The firm Ferrier Hodgson has been appointed as administrators and have started a review of the business.
According to how I interpret what I read, Trailcraft had taken steps to reduce manufacturing volume to help dealer stock management. Apparently a “significant” reduction in orders has resulted in the business having weathered "exceptional" cash-flow pressures over an extended period. This report said there are parties interested purchasing Trailcraft and Ferrier Hodgson are meeting with them to discuss options. The report says it may be some weeks before a final decision is made as to the future of the company.

So it seems there may be some hope of a "white knight" rescue of Trailcraft so - don't give up hope just yet.

Cheers.

tin can marlin
08-03-2009, 07:58 AM
That is great news lets hope someone takes it over and saves peoples jobs and also helps dealers with there business plans. It is great to see them saving such a great brands and a aussie buit boat.

searay215ec
09-03-2009, 06:00 AM
We have all lost our jobs since 4th March, administrators said mot viable to have anyone there working on boats even the ones that have been ordered and the ones paid for.

tin can marlin
09-03-2009, 07:38 PM
We have all lost our jobs since 4th March, administrators said mot viable to have anyone there working on boats even the ones that have been ordered and the ones paid for.
I must say i'am sorry to hear you have lost your job but it sounds like they are going to get it going again so maybe they can re hire you and fancy a dealer being that silly that he pays for a boat before it is finshed. I really hope they can get it started again so that you guys can get your jobs back. And also were you in a union if so what are they saying. I think at the moment being in a union is the way to go so that greedy bosses don't dud the worker who is the back bone of industry in this great country.

John Martin
14-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Sorry to hog this space but i just read something to this effect:

So it seems there may be some hope of a "white knight" rescue of Trailcraft so - don't give up hope just yet.

Cheers.

Just read in the newspaper (Friday 13th) Ferrier Hodgson advert.... "FOR SALE: The Assets of Trailcraft Australia." To me that does not look like a rescue package or a night in shining armour but rather the adminsitrators trying to sell of whatever assets they can turn into cash, more than likey to pay their massive fees! I wonder if Brett Martins' Porche is part of the companies assets? :-X

MICHAELG
06-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Hi all

Can somebody confirm Trailcraft have closed their doors?

Why I am asking is a friend was looking at a 2nd hand Trailcraft boat and when he asked about warranty (boat & motor) the owner apparently told him it still had the balance of the manufactures warranty on both parts???

If they have indeed closed the business and the owner makes statements like this to me the owner is either lying or doesn't know his business or the industry.

Anyway my friend is no longer looking at it but it does raise a very interesting legal point about misrepresentation.

I am just curious if anybody knows if legally the owner could be held accountable if it was purchased by somebody and had an issue at a latter date

michael

krill
06-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Ever wondered what equipment you need to start an alloy boat factory?

http://www.beevisandco.com/auctions/a897/a897.html

tin can marlin
06-04-2010, 11:24 PM
You would be a game man opening up a alloy boat plans in these times the industry would have to be going thougth one of the hardest times in the last 30 years. But we can stand behind the ones that are left and hopefully they will survive the test of time.

finga
07-04-2010, 06:30 AM
Why I am asking is a friend was looking at a 2nd hand Trailcraft boat and when he asked about warranty (boat & motor) the owner apparently told him it still had the balance of the manufactures warranty on both parts???

If they have indeed closed the business and the owner makes statements like this to me the owner is either lying or doesn't know his business or the industry.
michael
If it's a dealer making the statement then he's a fool who should know better. Run...and run hard from them.
If it's a private party then they may not know there is no phone number to ring for warranty...so it makes it hard.
Warranty on the motor should be OK though.

DeadWater
11-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Hi all just a quick statment from brett the old and still current owner of trailcraft, seems he does not care about the marines he owes money to, not to say also the workers he owes money to.

Please read below.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Trailcraft powers ahead

Submitted by Brett Martin on Wed, 2010-05-05 13:33.
Boating/Engine - Information/Questions (http://fishwrecked.com/forum/55)
Hello Everyone - My name is Brett Martin and i am the owner (past present and future) of Trailcraft Boats.
Since i started Trailcraft over 10 years ago, i have often logged on to different forums to read what people are saying about Trailcraft. I have never included myself within the forum discussions because i believe it best that a forum run independantly of someone who has a vested interest in giving opinions. I would like to be a part of the forum in the future, but it will only be on the basis of everyone knowing that i am the owner of Trailcraft and my obvious thinking that Trailcraft is the best.
Their has been alot of miss-information written about Trailcraft and i thought this a great opportunity for everyone to hear it from the "horses mouth". As with most boat manufacturers - Trailcraft has had a tough time through the GFC - the good news is we have come through this period stronger and better - a bit wiser and a bit leaner.
*We have been and are currently producing boats.
*We have retained "selectively" the prodominance of our Australian dealer network.
*We have increased our warranty from 3-5 years on all new boats produced
*We are continuing to support our brand and warranty - now and in the future
*We will remain a national powerhouse brand.
I would like to thank all of you for your supportive - favourable and constructive comments in the past.
To the existing Trailcraft owners (6000 australia wide) - i would like to thank you for your loyalty and hope you get many more hours enjoyment from your boat.
Thanks everyone - Cheers Brett

DeadWater
11-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi all just a quick statment from brett the old and still current owner of trailcraft, seems he does not care about the marines he owes money to, not to say also the workers he owes money to.

Please read below.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Trailcraft powers ahead

Submitted by Brett Martin on Wed, 2010-05-05 13:33.

Boating/Engine - Information/Questions (http://fishwrecked.com/forum/55)Hello Everyone - My name is Brett Martin and i am the owner (past present and future) of Trailcraft Boats.
Since i started Trailcraft over 10 years ago, i have often logged on to different forums to read what people are saying about Trailcraft. I have never included myself within the forum discussions because i believe it best that a forum run independantly of someone who has a vested interest in giving opinions. I would like to be a part of the forum in the future, but it will only be on the basis of everyone knowing that i am the owner of Trailcraft and my obvious thinking that Trailcraft is the best.
Their has been alot of miss-information written about Trailcraft and i thought this a great opportunity for everyone to hear it from the "horses mouth". As with most boat manufacturers - Trailcraft has had a tough time through the GFC - the good news is we have come through this period stronger and better - a bit wiser and a bit leaner.
*We have been and are currently producing boats.
*We have retained "selectively" the prodominance of our Australian dealer network.
*We have increased our warranty from 3-5 years on all new boats produced
*We are continuing to support our brand and warranty - now and in the future
*We will remain a national powerhouse brand.
I would like to thank all of you for your supportive - favourable and constructive comments in the past.
To the existing Trailcraft owners (6000 australia wide) - i would like to thank you for your loyalty and hope you get many more hours enjoyment from your boat.
Thanks everyone - Cheers Brett

Sorry whole post can be read here http://fishwrecked.com/forum/trailcraft-powers-ahead

searay215ec
11-05-2010, 07:09 PM
As an employee of Trailcraft at the time it went under i can tell you that there is a lot of crap written into the above and have pages and pages of documents regarding the whole matter. I can also so we did not receive one cent of our entitlements from Brett while he carrys on business as usual.

What goes around will come around is all i can i say.

Steeler
11-05-2010, 07:28 PM
The way i read the post it was simply placed in administration and continued to trade.To quote " past present and future ".If this is the case how is it you did not get the opportunity to return to work or a redundancy package.

Got me beat.

Can you enlighten us more, but most importantly keep it factual.

Steeler

dodgyone
11-05-2010, 07:28 PM
I asked him a pretty direct question there and it was skillfully avoided.

searay215ec
11-05-2010, 07:32 PM
i got all the facts however will not disclose too much but all i'm saying is for everyone be careful dealing with Trailcraft/Saltwater/Bretto

DeadWater
12-05-2010, 01:06 PM
In the link i posted you can read a reply from DeadmoneyBrett, he must have been one of his dealers.
funny how the name is like mine hehe!!!!!!