PDA

View Full Version : IBD Top 12 Lures

seqfisho
04-03-2009, 04:56 PM
As the title suggests what would be your top 12 big puddle barra lures, size and colour. I ask this as I am preparing for our first Monduran visit for a week in May.

As I will have the old man and wife with me who will both want to have a fish at some time I will need to look at something I can troll as they both aren't the best casters and I would be a lot easier for them to hold onto the rod while I drive the lures around.

I on the other hand intend to work all the options and am geared up with a few capable casting outfits.

Cheers Glen.

robersl
04-03-2009, 05:23 PM
new rubber ducky lure looks the go
a bloke up in n/t pinched his kids rubber duck put a set of treble's on it and used it as a popper caught a little barra on it

shane

Tropicaltrout
04-03-2009, 05:29 PM
In the hard body corner i would put B52 gold, and Arafura's green 120mm....

Nath

seqfisho
04-03-2009, 05:36 PM
http://www.fishingterritory.com/weblog_entry.php?e=161 (http://www.fishingterritory.com/weblog_entry.php?e=161)

Sorry mate but cant see the link as it is restricted.:(

Cheers Glen.

Whitto
04-03-2009, 06:14 PM
As the title suggests what would be your top 12 big puddle barra lures, size and colour. I ask this as I am preparing for our first Monduran visit for a week in May.

As I will have the old man and wife with me who will both want to have a fish at some time I will need to look at something I can troll as they both aren't the best casters and I would be a lot easier for them to hold onto the rod while I drive the lures around.

I on the other hand intend to work all the options and am geared up with a few capable casting outfits.

Cheers Glen.What Nath said.....sure thing

seqfisho
04-03-2009, 06:23 PM
a bloke up in n/t pinched his kids rubber duck put a set of treble's on it and used it as a popper caught a little barra on it

shane

thats gold mate!

BR65
04-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Edit - Note to self, dont drink beers before posting rubbish:-/

Steve B
04-03-2009, 09:43 PM
b52 X 3 any colours
slick rigs x 3 packs any colours
shallow/med arafura barras
jointed xrap
X6 standard xrap.
3 packs of storm suspending wildeye shads
classic barra shallow/med
viper 12+

owner hooks/trebbles.
pole lure retriever
couple of cartons XXXX and some 2 min noodles.

cheers Steve

dean450
05-03-2009, 05:24 PM
i have had the most success with the killerlure +5 and + 10 in guns and roses for trolling and casting works well for me stright out of the box no mods.
i have down well with this lure at mondy and awoonga.
Next would be sqiudgey drop bear 110.

Whitto
05-03-2009, 06:26 PM
b52 X 3 any colours
slick rigs x 3 packs any colours
shallow/med arafura barras
jointed xrap
X6 standard xrap.
3 packs of storm suspending wildeye shads
classic barra shallow/med
viper 12+

owner hooks/trebbles.
pole lure retriever
couple of cartons XXXX and some 2 min noodles.

cheers SteveAnd a Partridge in a Pear Tree as well Steve;D

robersl
05-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Gday mate, I first read this and thought 12 lures is to many, so I thought "list em out genius and see what ya got", so heres what works for me. Others have their favs, and every location or day is differant, but if I was packing the lure box, Id be putting in these:
Surface - Tango Dancer (yet to score, but thats the new challange!)
Shallow - B52 suspending, Smiths slow rise
Mid - Arafura green chrome verrrry slow rise, Storm Thunder gold (suspending)
Deep - Classic 15+ Bobby Dazzler, Koolabung Boney Bream slow rolled
Plastic - Hollow Belly, Yum Money Minnow, Storm Suspending swim shad
Terminal tackle up-grades on all of the above, curently the placs are sporting Nitros 1/4 to 5/8 ounce (cept the storms, which have a differant mod all together), and all the HB's have Halco fish rings (most double ringed) and owners, though Im starting to lean back towards the VMV 6x, not quite as strong,but fish a little lighter it normally isnt critical, and IMHO a better hook up and retention rate!

Brian you have either way to much time or money mate lol

BR65
05-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Brian you have either way to much time or money mate lol

I wish it was to much money mate!

IMHO listen to the locals, those blokes are there at the coal face, they know what works and what doesnt, theyve ben fishing that place, or the puddle 90 minutes up the road, a lot longer than most. They have seen the periodic rise and fall of water levels, media coverage, angler interest, hot weather fishing, cold weather fishing, cyclonic in-flows, drought, meat merchants, the whole 9 yards.
I could only imagine how pissed Id be if every week end a hundred boats launched at my local, thats what these boys deal with, and still manage to pull fish!
If you want, have a squiz here: http://www.fishawoonga.com.au/barramundi.htm

cheers
brian