PDA

View Full Version : That Mackeral took my gaff!

Wax_head
03-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey Crew,

Plan was to go out wide because the condition where bloody fantastic for a day off the old roster. Pretty rare these days! And by the look of all the cars and trailers at the ramp/carpark I wasn't the only one with the same idea.
Left the river mouth at Labalsa Park and turned the corner to see a heap of boats sitting out the front of Pt Cartwright. Decided to have a troll and wack, a nice Mac tuna. Then a nice spotty, then a big schoolie, then I lost my gaff in one of the macs. Don't panic I got the mac which had taken my gaff, but my good gaff is on the bottom of the ocean floor somewhere out there. Forgot how much of a handfull they can be. The macs shut down after awhile and the birds even took off so went and got some nice reefies to top off a great day.

Good crew out on the water today. Everybody was keen to get a few but also everybody was being respectful of each other trolling and fishing. Good to see all the cowboy & cowgirls go fishing on the weekends they can have it!!

Well hope you all get amongst them before they all bugger off.

Cheers Bicko Boat Name:- Hop's Hog ;D

Angla
03-03-2009, 10:17 PM
So what were they all waiting for at the pt.

Hard to beat a day like that.

Chris

wags on the water
04-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Chris,
When the macs are on, you don't have to go much further. It's worth the drive north rather than chase the buggers around the bay imho.

Thanks for sharing your report Bicko.
Wags

JayT
04-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Well thats answered the pm I just sent ya Bicko,
Still reckon if ya want the big spanish head a little further north, arkys with the tailor chin rig brother,
Lets hope I can get out there an proove it to ya cause I got a few little tricks up my sleeve....:)
Anyways all legal now so look out pelagics cause here I come:):):)
Ok I will pm ya one of my rigs an that will get ya started hopefully?
Cheers Thorpy

skipalong
04-03-2009, 05:45 PM
sounds like you found them mate

justin

ollie1
04-03-2009, 07:24 PM
nice work wax head , thats a fun day on the water .we left la balsa at 1030 were going around to curras got as far as the shark nets at kawana surf club and got 8 spotty's back at the ramp at 1 00. quite a few small mac tuna around there at moment wich would be a good sign! unlucky about the gaff.

Vindicator
04-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Still reckon if ya want the big spanish head a little further north, arkys with the tailor chin rig brother,

Was up that way today towing some slimeys around for hours and didn't even turn a reel. In fact everywhere I went was the same story. Seemed to be a few others driving around doing nothing. I guess some days they're on and some says they're not.

Cheers
Kezza

JayT
08-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Hey Kezza,
Shame ya didnt score up there , I couldnt get any tailor for towing the dead baits so had a little run with the halco shallow divers for a coupla longtails:)
Stayed a coupla nights for a lone spotty, jack an some nice jew,
Ah well unlucky that time but there is always tomorrow:)
Cheers Thorpy

levinge
11-03-2009, 04:57 PM
A good day like that makes loosing a Gaff worthwile. I did a plough anchor and chain on a wreck a while ago, but we did get some quality fish in the day also.

Hurts the wallet, but you forget about it when you remember the fishing. Best of luck next time.