PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Brooker 410 Fisherman

keen_angler
03-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Hi All, There might be a few of these type of posts, what are your thoughts on a Brooker 410 fisherman with a 30hp.

To travel to Mud on a good day.

Cheers

cyclone8888
03-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Hey Mate,

I have a brooker fisherman, albeit fairly modified and "well used".

For me this boat is great, whilst mine is a little different from standard - I have double gunwhale extrusion, extra bracing all round and a checkerplate front deck overlay the boat is a fair bit stiffer and more robust than standard. I laso have the front seat removed and a very substantial alloy frame and casting platform in its place. Under that i can carry 2 fuel tanks and a heap of other gear. So really this boat is a whole lot different interms of stiffness and weight distribution than the standard hull.

I also have a 50hp 2 stroke so the thing flies, around 30 odd knots flat out on a calm day 2 up loaded with fuel, esky, bait and gear. I did buy the boat like this and whilst it is probably over powered I really dont think I could outrun the same boat with a 40 on the back. I may pop out of the water a bit quicker but in overall speed I doubt it would be any quicker. Really if I was to buy new I would put a 40 on it over the 30 if only really for its ability to carry a load.

As for fishing Mud on a good day, I take mine all over the bay on a good day without a drama. Mind you I wont go to Curtin if the day even felt like blowing up if you are sensible I see no reason why you wouldn't on a good day. There have been the odd occasion when I have been at Mud and it has blown up all of a sudden and I have had to make my way back to Nudgee in approx 20 knots, whilst it has been uncomfortable and very wet (when the wind is blowing across the boat) I was not worried. In saying that you have to be sensible and recognize you are in a 13 odd foot tinny.

But really I think its a reasonable boat, maybe not as robust as some nor flashy, but its fairly honest for what you pay for.

QuinnyII
03-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Keen_Angler,

I have got a 410 safari, same boat but with pedestals instead of thwarts. I got the side decks put on for what i thought would make it a bit heavier and rigid. Great boat. gets me over to Mud no dramas as at all. Has even been over to Tangalooma on a couple of occasions, however i was with a bigger boat just in case it blew up and i needed to hide behind on the way in.

I have got a 40hp 2stroke suzuki on the back. All i can say is great boat.

Cheers Quinny