PDA

View Full Version : double muffs system picture please

patrol50
01-03-2009, 09:58 PM
hi i would like to make up the double muffs system to flush my 50 4 s with water in from both sides but when i seach the archives i cant find a picture of the system as it seems to be missing from the double muffs forum archive the posts are all there but not the picture of how its made - so can some kind ausfisher please post a picture of the double muff system in reply or pm it to me or maybe tell me where i can buy a commercially made one in brisbane
my thanks
rob ;D

mlbm79
01-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Hi

Think i saw a set at bcf browns plains when i was there about a month ago.

Ben

dnej
01-03-2009, 10:40 PM
There you go. Make them up yourself
David

Lovey80
01-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Mate I just bought a set from BCF that mlbm79 is speaking of. They were less than 30 buck and a rate them highly.

They are for my 50 4 stroke Suzi engine. The suzies have a second water intake and before buying the double sided muffs I had to tape up the second intake to get water coming out the tell tale when flushing and even then it still took a good 5 seconds. Now its instantly after I start the engine.

Cheers

Chris

patrol50
02-03-2009, 06:11 PM
thanks guys and dnej much appreciated - query answered as always my best rob

northernblue
02-03-2009, 06:33 PM
I too brought the alphabet brand, the plastic bit that directs the water into the muff on one side broke when I was connecting it.
I had left it exposed to the sunlight, but a bit disapointed, nonetheless.
I have siliconed up the hole and now its like an old fashioned one [water enters one side only]
The idea is probably good.

edit: it was probably 12-18 months old.

Mr__Bean
03-03-2009, 08:29 AM
I too brought the alphabet brand, the plastic bit that directs the water into the muff on one side broke when I was connecting it.
I had left it exposed to the sunlight, but a bit disapointed, nonetheless.
I have siliconed up the hole and now its like an old fashioned one [water enters one side only]
The idea is probably good.

edit: it was probably 12-18 months old.

Same thing happened to mine.

- Darren

patrol50
03-03-2009, 07:13 PM
thanks guys for the heads up so i guess i will make one now i hate cheap plastic crap that breaks for no good reason cheers rob

black runner
03-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Here's Eastern brand ones that I have had for 2-1/2 years. No problems so far although not left in the sun.

Cheers