PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Mackeral on the sunny coast

Wax_head
01-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Fished the neerings this morning. Plan was to get into the Macs that everyone has been talking about. Out at spot at 5am sun up. Someone was on the spot I was after so we fished well away from them. The winds were about 10 knots from the north. There was a real crappy chop no good for trolling in. So we anchored up. We got a Slat Sweetlip, Grassy and a hussar. We let a few go.

I caught my first pearl perch on a plastic what a buzz. We headed back to cartwright to chase some macs as the bottom fish went off the bite. No good out the front of carty's but looked like there were a few fish about. Going again on tuesday morning for a run.

Has anyone had any trouble getting an epirb on the sunny coast, and I noticed that one offers a 7 year battery life.

Aren't the new bag limit size good!!!!!!!!!

Cya's out there. Hop's Hog - (Old Cream coloured Quintrex)

mark86
01-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Wax head i got onto a couple of spottys last saturday at old woman but tried everything yestaday and couldnt get a strike, heaps of bait and tuna around though ey?

skipalong
01-03-2009, 06:43 PM
theres alot of area on the sunny coast

JayT
01-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey Stevo,
Long time no see mate, sounds like ya doin it a bit tough there,
Mate I reckon if ya make or buy a decent dead bait chin rig or very very slow, just idle'in a live slimie an head up coolum way mate, arkright shoal bro in the shallows, 50ft max an just go round an round , the pro's do it every year up there just like off the spoil grounds an the 5 an 12mile at caloundra, keep at it mate an you will nail em, thats how they get the XOS spanish!
Still havent got an epirb yet either so have been hittin the passage for some pretty good results:)
Do you have one of the new epirbs an whats the go up there ??? Any available cause whitworths at breaky creek reckon there is a 3month wait saying the factories can only make 3000 a month an whitys has an order of 13000 so I reckon 4mths plus, they also said that the price is goin up too, something like $525 or there abouts but I did see one at bcf the other day mt406 I think an it was $525 whether they have any in stock I not know but sh!t I am keen to get outside!!!!
Anyways good luck next outing an I catch up with ya soon eh,
Cheers Thorpy

yalta
02-03-2009, 05:58 PM
go to bias for your epirb cheapest around..

JayT
03-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Hey yalta,
Know if they got any in stock at any of the brissie stores???
Cheers

Snapp
03-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Wax_head;
count yourself lucky.
We were out at the banks sat 7pm to Sun 1pm.
15-20 knts from the n-nw all KEN-night & day, white caps.
catch = 1 squire, 2 parrot, 1 pearly, 3 moses.
atleast a feed.

JayT
04-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Hey yalta,
big cheers on the info for bias, although the mt400 has gone up $519 to be precise an a quick call today bias virginia, had a reply that they were telling people theres a 3 month wait but they got 6 in yesterday an guess wat mate, they only got 5 now:):):)
So thanks for the heads up especially if anyone else is chasing one!
Cheers Thorpy