PDA

View Full Version : Local Tackle Store Broken into

Scott nthQld
01-03-2009, 01:33 PM
I was speaking to a mate who works at my local tackle store yesterday and he's informed me that they were broken into the other night.

Among the list of things stolen were 20 Stella's of various sizes, also rods to match.

He wassn't specific on what rods were taken, but mention 2 37kg shimano Blue rose rods were included, plus a couple of custom jigging rods that were retailing for about $1100.

Their biggest concern is the stella's though, over 20 grands worth of reels gone in one night.

The Police have been involved and over a couple of days beforehand they were getting some very suspicious phone calls with very specific questions regarding price and availablity of the aforementioned items.

So any of you out there, just keep an eye out for some 'too good to be true' deals on new stella combo's. If anyone spies anything suss, let me know, or alternatively contact the Townsville Police or Pro Tackle Townsville.

BaitThrower
01-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Barstools! As if the little tackle stores aren't having enough trouble staying afloat as it is. When they find these buggers they should chop a thumb off... Would be hard to wind a reel or hold a rod with no thumb!

ronnien
02-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Barstools! As if the little tackle stores aren't having enough trouble staying afloat as it is. When they find these buggers they should chop a thumb off... Would be hard to wind a reel or hold a rod with no thumb!

more than likely they will be sold for drugs, happens alot up here:(.
they were broken into either last year or the year before as.

ron.

snagking
02-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Bunch of low life's if they find em, throw em out on a shark hook and see if they like fishing gear so much then ;)

Scott nthQld
02-03-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm not inclined to think it was druggie's that broke in, addicts would've taken a lot more than just the high end gear, and would have looked for cash as well. The high end gear is a lot harder to move unnoticed, as more than likely, the people they try to sell it to would be very suspicious of why they are being offered a $1300 reel at such a low price. much easier to flog a load of cheap gear and sell it for half retail price as people, knowing it wasn;t top quality gear would hardly think twice.

The fact that they were very specific in what they took suggests to me that they knew exactly what they were looking for, no effort was made to get into the back store room, which also suggests they may be frequent visitors to the shop, knowing where the gear was kept. There were no other attempts to get into any other cabinets etc, just the stella cabinet, plus the rods which were simply removed from the racks.

levinge
03-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Sad to hear that Scott. Might pay to keep an eye on ebay and Stash Converters.

Hope the cops get them, its hard enough for the tackles shops these days without scum doing stuff like this...