PDA

View Full Version : Kayak - Come & Try It. Redcliffe Sunday March 1

Fitzy
26-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Redcliffe -Kayak CATI

This Sunday there is a FREE Kayak - Come And Try It day at the beach next to Pelican Park, Woody Point (Redcliffe)

Sunday March 1st
9:00 AM to 1:00pm
Pelican Park Beach. Hornibrook Esplanade, Woody Point.

Free to Come & Try out Kayaking
HUGE range of Sit On Top & Sit In kayaks available
Safety Gear Provided
Children Must be accompanied by Parent / Guardian at ALL times
BYO hat, shoes, sunscreen and a smileHope to see you there.

Fitzy..

shrunken pojie
27-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi Fitzy,

Who is hosting this day? Will Hobie have any of their range there?

Hopefully I will be able to get there.

Phill

Fitzy
28-02-2009, 08:35 AM
BLA are hosting it.

Ranges there will be Ocean Kayak & Necky kayaks.

Looking like great weather for the day. :)

Cheers,

Fitzy..

shayned
28-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Hey Fitzy,
Ross made your last one and speaks very highly of the day. Even bought a yak as a result.
More importantly got the right advice and ended up with the right kayak and the right paddle for him. As a result he's loving the new toy.

stevo
28-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Hello how often are these days as i would love to come and have a feel of them, but just can't make tomorrow.

stevo

Fitzy
28-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Hello how often are these days as i would love to come and have a feel of them, but just can't make tomorrow.

stevo

There's one in the pipeline for Currimbin Creek & one at Tweed of that suits.

Cheers,

fitzy..

Fitzy
28-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Hey Fitzy,
Ross made your last one and speaks very highly of the day. Even bought a yak as a result.
More importantly got the right advice and ended up with the right kayak and the right paddle for him. As a result he's loving the new toy.

Hi Shayne,

Ross was interested in the OK Prowlers. Did he go & get one?? That's good, he tried both the 13 and 4.5 Elite. I think he learned alot about paddles by trying different blades, they can make a big difference.

Cheers,

fitzy..

PinHead
01-03-2009, 06:46 PM
thanks a lot Fitzy..i went along this morning and had a paddle of a few yaks..I even fell out of one..quite simple to turn it back over and get back on however it did bring home how quickly things happen..one minute cruising along..the next in the drink and all wet. I did have to get back onto it quickly..i was afraid a greenie may have been around and tried to push the whale back into the water.

Captain_Zero
18-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Hi Fitzy

I would be keen to go along to a session so would be interested to hear about any upcoming events.

I have hired kayaks on a few occassions and even caught the odd fish but still have difficulty positioning the kayak to make the cast where I want to with allowance for current and wind. Some yuition on this would be great!

I am looking to purchase a kayak soon.

Regards

Chris

chief
23-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Hey Fitzy, how are you mate. I didn't even know there was a kayak forum on this site. Sorry missed that date for that try day. I'll keep an eye out for the next date and trial day. Hope that proto went well for you mate. Cheers