PDA

View Full Version : logan river ramps

wazzab
26-02-2009, 09:58 AM
can any one tell me the best ramp to launch at the logan ? there used to be one with piles of tyres either side is it still there if so does any one no what road its on. getting back into boats after 15 years dont know whats changed in that time.

Marlin_Mike
26-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I have used Skinners Park on Skiners Rd Ramp at Carbrook. narrow and crowded ramp IMHO. there is a pontoon about 30 or 40 metres just up from it so you can launch and pick up kids etc from there.

The tyre ramp you talk about is still there and still open. Didnt it used to be private property and it used to cost a couple of bucks to use? Correct me if i am wrong. I believe it is on Fisher Rd? No sorry i believe it is at the ned of Ferry Rd at Carbrook. much better ramp then Skinners Park

finga
26-02-2009, 10:22 AM
The one at Ferry Rd (near the ski school/lake) is the best for security.
That's the reason for the small charge.

Marlin_Mike
26-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Small charge is nothing for the extra sense of security. And I think its only a coupla bucks anyway. Thats the tyre ramp isnt it Finga?

Mike

finga
26-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Mate, It's been a while for me too.
I don't take note of things like that.
But if you asked about the bait I used 2 years ago then that's something I'd remember.

BaitThrower
26-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Skinners Rd...Free access. Small and seems to be crowded with ski and jet boats on the weekend. Seems safer on weekend as park adjacent is usually fairly crowded and hopefully someone there is decent enought o do something if some bum decides to break into your car.

Ferry Rd, pay as you use. Much better ramp and less crowded. Probably much more secure.

Alberton Rd, across the river from Ferry Rd. Decent ramp, usually not too crowded but much less secure. Have heard reports of break-ins at this ramp.

Then there are several up the river near the freeway. Personally I'd never leave my car/trailer there. Easy access for thieves to snatch your car and make a quick getaway, plus the ramps are mostly unusable except at high, high tide, and then only for small boats. No one hardly ever uses them though and I wouldnt bother.