PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Holiday from Brisbane

stevelcqld
25-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi

Looking at taking the boat on a holiday in early April ( will take the wife as well )..

Basically I am looking for a place to go that we can camp or get a cabin on the waters edge so I can launch and just pull the boat onto shore when not fishing.

Upto about 6 hours from Brisbane.

Suggestions and fishing options?

Any advice would be great.

Cheers,
Steve

tunaticer
25-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Tin Can Bay could be worth visiting to suss out, that sort of thing used to be available there 20 years ago.

There also might be a house to rent somewhere around Kooringal at Moreton Island too.

Brad Clark
25-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Mate give Boondooma a go. You can camp on the waters edge and keep the boat in the water. Top fishing as well.

trymyluck
25-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Mate have you been to Wooli, just had a look there today and we will be going down there Feb/March next year for a week or 2. Looks like a top little spot with plenty of options.

Mark

shrunken pojie
26-02-2009, 09:22 AM
I was going to surgest Boondooma as well. It looks like a nice little caravan park there. I haven't stayed at the park itself but have used the kisok and all the ski boats were pulled up on the banks in front of the campsites.

Another option might be Mission point on Bribie, boat only access and you camp just about on the beach.

Can you leave the boats in the water at either Iluka or Yamba?

Phill