PDA

View Full Version : Haines Signature Fuel Sender????

adam69
25-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Guys im having trouble trying to find a fuel sender for a 630F Haines Signature...as the one we have now is broken! We have the merc smart craft gauges and they dont work properly when the fuel sender is stuffed.

Does anyone have any contacts with the Haines Group?

bigjimg
25-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Gidday Adam69
Mate the fellow i dealt with at Haines when I had some Issues was Gordon.Sorry for the life of me i can't recall his last name,he was very helpful with getting things done.But their brand of outboard is Suzuki,they may not be able too help,however give Trevor at Karee Marine a call at Rocklea they do Mercury installs and should be able to help 3875 1600.Jim

adam69
25-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Do you have the smart craft gauges with your optimax aswel? How do you find the 580 mate?

Argle
25-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Adam, having just replaced the sender in mine I can tell you you will need to speak to a Signature Dealer in order to get them to order you one direct from The Haines Group as they do not sell/deal direct to the public.
Make sure you have your H.I.N (hull identification number) when you call them as this will make sure they get the right one.
Dont expect it to happen in a hurry though, the dealer has to e-mail Haines for a price and availablility first and then you have to wait (and wait and wait) for the dealer to get back to you and then order the part you want, then wait some more while it is shipped from Haines to the dealer. In the end though I got the right part and now my fuel gauge is working again! I dont have the smartcraft gauges in mine though just the standard Merc gauge. All the best with it mate

cheers
Scott

bigjimg
25-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Adam69
The 580 handles pretty good,very solid hull.Overall very happy with performance.Averaging .9nm per ltr or 1.66km per ltr with the 135 optimax.Yes the smart craft gauges are fitted,they are a treat having all that info at your finger tips.Had a ski pole fitted at haines directly.They were only too happy to help never once said they don't deal with the public.That was my experience.With the service i got they would do well to deal with the public.The budget only allowed the 580f a 630f will have to wait for few years until i wear this one out.All the best.Jim

adam69
26-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Bigjimg,

We average around 40nm for 40L so we are nearly on par with you, we have the 150 optimax, great motor. The signatures really are a great boat...all the best mate!

bigjimg
26-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Adam69
What size prop are you swinging on the 630?I was thinking in the future to go with a 4 or 5 blade and keep the vengeance one i got as a spare.Jim

adam69
27-02-2009, 10:00 AM
We are still running the Vengeance mate... 3 blade, i think they are a great prop, i couldnt tell you the size mate...