PDA

View Full Version : Needing an Awonga Report

boss3173
24-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Looking at going to Awonga 3/3/2009 just chasing a recent report on how Awonga has been fishing. Chasing reports for last this week or over the weekend.

What is the water quality like? Has there been an increase in the water level in the past few weeks?

BR65
24-02-2009, 08:50 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=146115

SeekingBarradise
25-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Mate the guys i know have said the fishing is better than it was.

The Dam has gone up a couple of metres.

Harro and Michell have been putting clients on to barra from 120cm, 117cm, meters, 90's and 80's etc but at times there have been a lot of switched on casts in well chosen areas to get the fish. It hasn't all been easy.

In travelling angler speak it means conditions could still be hard for people that don't know the dam well etc. But a trip now is 1000% better than a trip a couple of months ago mate so get up there and go hard.:)

Brian has posted the link for Chris & Trev's report on Awoonga.

Good luck.
Cheers Lyndon.

boss3173
25-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks Mate

For The Information We Will Need All The Help We Can Get.

anthony72
25-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Definitley on the improve, just back home after a late session today, I was lucky landing three within twenty minutes just on dark. All on hollow bellies and cut down backbone jigs so I cold slowly retrieve over weed beds. 82. 96 and 104. Will do report and photos once I down load photos.

I was fishing 3m of water over weed that was submerged before the rain and the area had plenty of timber to work around. I just headed to wind blown part of dam and looked for current line.

I think the main difference tonight for me using a reel that casts a mile and also downsized braid size so I could cast much further so i was fishing much further from the boat. The water temp was very cold around 24 degrees where I was fishing.