PDA

View Full Version : Off the water for a while...

TimiBoy
24-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Well, the sh!t has hit the fan, and I have no recourse but to sell my beloved Bubi.

I'm advertising her on Boatpoint and Boatsales, is there anywhere else I should be putting her?

Tim

lethal098
24-02-2009, 07:26 AM
timi, thats terrible news and i hope things turn around for you, i think you will cover most bases with advertising on those 2 sites. good luck and best wishes Lethal

reelchippy
24-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Sad to see mate cheers

coucho
24-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Mate thats terrible news don't you have a spare kidney you could hock first??
Seriously though hope you get a fair price and timely sale and things work out ok for you.

CreelReaper
24-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Hey Tim,
I feel for you mate. I hope it is only going to be a short foray away from boating for you. At worst you might look at selling on consignment. Don't know anything about it but I believe crawford marine on Manly road do it.

Cheers

Jeremy
24-02-2009, 08:17 AM
sorry to hear mate, hope you are back with a bigger and better boat soon

Jeremy

Cheech
24-02-2009, 08:24 AM
:o:(:'(:bigcry:

Always a slot on the swiftcraft for you.

shrunken pojie
24-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Tim,

Have you listed her on here. Sad times. Good luck.

Phill

Pete62
24-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Hi Tim, sorry to hear that.

Have u considered perhaps selling a share of the boat? I would imagine there would be quite a few people out there that would be interested in part ownership.

From what I have heard the secondhand market is not strong and to sell outright u may have to take quite a hit.

Best of luck which ever way you go.

Pete.

Wahoo
24-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Well, the sh!t has hit the fan, and I have no recourse but to sell my beloved Bubi.

I'm advertising her on Boatpoint and Boatsales, is there anywhere else I should be putting her?

Tim

G'day Tim, not good to hear, hope all works out for you, hang in there,

Daz

scrubba01
24-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Very sorry to hear that Tim, a very bitter pill to swallow indeed. I would suggest the Trading Post and Crawford Marine.

Best of luck I don't think you will be the only one if things keep going the way they are.

cuzzamundi
24-02-2009, 12:20 PM
That;s a crying shame, Tim! you always post very wise words on this site, and i like how you think, so i'm guessing it'll just be a short matter of time before you are back in the green. best of luck mate.
cuzza

themissus
24-02-2009, 12:28 PM
That's sad news Tim. It's obvious how much you love that boat. Hope it all goes well and your back out there soon. Give us a yell if your down out way. I'm sure there will be no shortage of deckie spots on offer.
Cheers Kim.

tropicrows
24-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Tim, that is really sad news, I know hope much you enjoyed fishing from her. I hope it turns around quickly for you, and remember there’s always a spot on my tub for you, might not be a comfy but your more then wecome

juju
24-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Sad news....id say there will be a few others that have to do the same the way things are....hard bit is i guess that there will be less in the market to buy as well...

therapy
24-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Sorry to hear that Tim. I know we have differed in opinion on occasions but I do admire your passion and your sense of humour. Hope you are in a position to get back on the water asap. Are you possibly able to go to something a bit cheaper to at least get out there sometimes?? If not, I reckon you name will be at the top of allot of peoples lists as no.1 decky.. If we could avoid discussing politics you could even spend a day on my old Sportfish. (LOL!!!) Will pm you in the future if I look to head out from that end of town..
Regards.... Terry.......

soulfish
24-02-2009, 02:52 PM
sorry to hear mate.:'(

Mac1952
24-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Sad to hear Tim. Likewise, always a spot available for you on the KC.

Best of luck!!!

catfishkid
24-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Mate that sux.As you know there is always room on my old girl for you if you could slum it.;D
Will talk to you on saturday.

Craig

timddo
24-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Just sell it to wags and become wags deckie

If i am made redundant i'll be in the same situation. It's bugger of a time these days.

mowerman
24-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Say WHAT!!!!!!

Shite..

Rod

jtpython
24-02-2009, 06:57 PM
That is a shame mate
The Cruisecraft should hold her price well all you need is a buyer........ Best of luck with the future
JT

Chamelion
24-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Shame to hear it cheif. I may be joining you in the same situation before long.

I'm a full time stay at home DAd, the wife works. Her full time job has just been dealt a pay cut of $100~ per week and her casual night fill job has dropped from one shift per week down to one per fortnight. I'll have to get back on to parenting payment as it is... Worst could come, the company she works full time for is in administration and receivership, if they don't find a buyer ($200+ million in debt) then she will lose her job.

Thankfully my boat is only a cheapie and I shouldn't lose too much.

Matt.

ShaneC
24-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Sorry to hear Tim,

Hope it all works out mate, best of luck.

Shane

death_ship
24-02-2009, 09:28 PM
an Ebay listing is good for advertising , lots of tyre kickers but, dont auction it do the classified

wags on the water
24-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Just sell it to wags and become wags deckie

Timddo, If I had the money I'd snap it up in a heartbeat, but I've just shelled out $75k for a back op.

Tim - Let's pray for a lotto win to help us both out. Don't put it on Trading post IMO it's a waste of money. Boatpoint the way to go.

Sorry to hear it has ended up this way.
Before the 'trye kickers' come round, remove the sd card from the plotter.
Wags.

oldboot
24-02-2009, 11:17 PM
It's a sad thing.... but it could be worse.... you could never have had a boat in the first place.

cheers

garman1
25-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Value add to the boat sale, option out the gps points in the gps......a lot of fuel gone into every gps point. Saves the new owner the same amount of fuel and time.

I have only a small quintrex and no real comparison to you guys with larger boats but I would still miss mine a lot if it had to go....

trueblue
25-02-2009, 01:02 AM
what are the boat specifications and how is it optioned up?

cheers

Mick

wags on the water
25-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Mick, for a description, Tim has it advertised on Boatpoint.

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=6850082

Wags

MyEscape
25-02-2009, 05:20 AM
Tim,

Consider advertising in Mackay. There's seems to be plenty of money around for the big boats likes yours in the area.

Though I noticed you have got it Boatpoint.

When I needed to downsize my Cruisecraft (500 Explorer) I actually sold it after a referral from the dealer I intended (and did) to buy my Seajay from.

All the best with the sale. Great looking rig you have there.

Steve

TimiBoy
25-02-2009, 05:21 AM
Folks,

I must say I'm touched by the support, the fishing offers, and the pm's I've been receiving.

I only hope that when I see others in hardship I can be as kind, gracious, and generous as so many of you have been.

I will be clearing all marks from the GPS prior to sale. Some people have been very generous to me with info, but it's not mine to sell! I will certainly keep them though...

And yes, I thought about hocking a kidney, but I figure with my diet I probably need both!

I thought about the share idea, too, but I just couldn't do that - not yet anyway. Ask Wags how I feel about other people driving my boat!

Cheers,

Tim

Apollo
25-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Tim

Sad to hear about your need to sell. Hope for a quick sale at a good price.

cheers

Black_Rat
25-02-2009, 06:23 AM
Bugger ! :o

That sucks big time :( it's not an easy decision

Damo.

TimiBoy
25-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Running the numbers, I have to sell my ute too...

Anyone want a nice BA Falcon ute?

Cheers,

Tim

Dirtysanchez
25-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Geez mate, times are tough.. A friend of mine has been cleaned out by developers, he went in on a venture with them and is now going down to a few million :-[ Shocking stuff how these dirt bags have absolutely no second thoughts of crucifying good people just because they can. >:(
Shafted by one developer, and now cleaned out by the 2nd one, both in cahoots with each other and now he is packing his bags and looking for a rental property, he will lose his boat too :o

My best wishes to you Tim.. I don't have a decent boat to invite you on unfortunately, but I hope you work it all out soon ;)

dnej
25-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Tim.
Wynnum Marine are always advertising in Bush & Beach,for you style of boat.Might be worth a call
David

Angryant
25-02-2009, 11:35 AM
If I only had the money.................

mik01
25-02-2009, 02:58 PM
anyone considering a new boat in this category I can only tell you that this one is in top nick and very well looked after.
I've been on it, and it is a quality rig - obviously lovingly cared for and optioned out.

Tim - it would hurt me to step onto anothers boat knowing I was forced to give mine up, but time heals all wounds as they say - there's a spot on mine anytime if you're stuck for rides. between the many blokes on here & numerous offers I don't think your opportunities for fishing will have to disappear with your rig.

I wish you all the very best, and that when things turn around you get a bigger and better Bubi!!!!!

John Buoy
25-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Chin up mate..
Wish you all the best Tim and look forward to when you hit back
Bigger and Better...

Regards Frank

Mad-One
25-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Timi that sux. I hope all works out for you and you bounce back. I don't know you personally but I have enjoyed your post alot. You are welcome on my boat anytime

Cheers Phil

bobp
25-02-2009, 09:20 PM
sorry to hear the boats going
hope things improve for you soon

Mr__Bean
25-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Like the others, hope it is a short term adjustment.

Don't slip away from Ausfish, many enjoy your posts.

- Darren

TimiBoy
26-02-2009, 05:59 AM
Don't slip away from Ausfish, many enjoy your posts.

- Darren

No danger of that Darren! Too much fun to be had.

It's true, I'm having a really bad time. But my wife and I have sat and read through this thread a few times, and do you know, it's been of huge help!

How the hell did I get through life before Ausfish??

Again, thanks all for your kind words and encouragement. I hope to see many of you on Saturday at the rally. It could be Bubi's last hurrah...

Cheers,

TimiBoy

The-easyrider
26-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Timi best of luck with the sale, I am sure with your positive outlook you will ride out this storm .
cheers az

Scott Ashe
26-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi Tim,

I don't know you, however I enjoy reading your tips and advice here on Ausfish. It's sad to hear of your misfortune, although I hope you can work through it, and be back on the water soon.

Good luck with the Sale, It looks like a magnificent boat.

Cheers
Scott

oldie
26-02-2009, 12:53 PM
ebay is worth while, for a few nibbles, also local papers

Chamelion
26-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Geez mate, times are tough.. A friend of mine has been cleaned out by developers, he went in on a venture with them and is now going down to a few million :-[ Shocking stuff how these dirt bags have absolutely no second thoughts of crucifying good people just because they can. >:(
Shafted by one developer, and now cleaned out by the 2nd one, both in cahoots with each other and now he is packing his bags and looking for a rental property, he will lose his boat too :o

My best wishes to you Tim.. I don't have a decent boat to invite you on unfortunately, but I hope you work it all out soon ;)

I'm sure it's a bad situation for him, but down to a few million? Some wouldn't know what to do with so much money...

Matt.

pontificator
27-02-2009, 12:00 AM
g'day Matt.

I have a mate who had very little until his family's clapped out uneconomical family dairy farm on the coast shifted from being worth sfa to being worth rather a lot as a subdivision proposition. So he went from being on the bones of his @rse to having more than a few bucks. But, losing a few million would put him right back where he was and then some, and his living income each year when times were good was about double the average. eg same as a mining industry worker - but of course without the housing and costs some people in that industry endure

outsiderskip
27-02-2009, 04:56 AM
tim
you be lost trying to cut anchor ropes
and swearing at fisherman

pete

TimiBoy
27-02-2009, 05:44 AM
I'm sure it's a bad situation for him, but down to a few million? Some wouldn't know what to do with so much money...

Matt.

True enough, but it doesn't matter where you are, to lose is to lose. Rich men don't get rich because they are lucky. They work harder than I can possibly imagine, and take risks that scare the sh!t from them.

I have taken a lot of solace in my position, from thinking about folks elsewhere. I watched a show about Russian test pilots the other night. This fella is 70 something, risked his neck over and over for the Reds, amazingly skilled, never got a thing for it. He lives in a bedsit in a defunct city, and he has nothing but the bed he lives in, and the singlet and shorts he wears.

He is lucky. Try Bangladesh, Sudan, and a myriad other places. These are people with hopes and dreams too. The poorest person in Australia is a rich man, compared to these.

Cheers,

Tim

TimiBoy
27-02-2009, 05:46 AM
tim
you be lost trying to cut anchor ropes
and swearing at fisherman

pete

Hey if I come for a fish with you Pete, you going to ask me to "get the anchor"?;D;D;D

And I promise I won't swear, I know how sensitive you are!

Honestly, who'd have thought you and I would become mates???

Thanks for the chat the other day.

Tim

Chris Ryan
27-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Timi,

Been there mate just last year. It is gut wrenching, painful and you sit in disbelief for a while but you then get the resolve to fix whatever the problem is, get back on your feet and show those bastards you are better than that, get the cash and buy the next model up!!!

Well that is my plan anyway.....so far, so good!

BTW - you get to lead off the rally tomorrow. Bubi on show - you might even be able to change that advert to say "As seen on TV"

Cheers,
Chris

honda900
27-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Tim,

sorry to hear you having a few drama's, I dont think you will be the last in the current climate.

Heart wrenching to have to sell but, Just think of the new one you'll be able to get when you get yourself sorted..

Regards
HOnda

oldboot
27-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Hey Tim.... put he in the parade with a for sale sign on er;D

cheers

Mindi
27-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Tim..that sucks all the best mate. I would put it in the Trading Post for sure....it is an annoying telstra publication which drives you nuts when using it but there are a lot of boats there and people do look there... renew ads for free as often as you like every few weeks if you do a fairly cheap prepaid ($19..?) ad... I have been rolling over a camper ad for nearly 12 months which includes 5 photos.

Chris Ryan
27-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey Tim.... put he in the parade with a for sale sign on er;D

cheers

Not a bad idea........

"they tell me I can't use it for what it was designed for, so its up for sale"

The-easyrider
27-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Tim I have just recieved a sure fire boat sales plan , it is to top secert to post on this site but if you pm me your email I will send details

BrenMac
04-03-2009, 01:52 AM
Wishing you well Tim, hope it turns around for ya.

I'm sure in the not to distant future there is another sexy black VRod with your name on it!

Cheers
Brendan

wilcara
04-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Sorry to hear it Timi.... I dunno what has been going on for you but I wish you nothing but the best of good fortune. I think with your attitude luck will find you.

Pete62
04-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Hi Tim, wishing u and your family all the best with your current situation. Hey, why don't you come up to Borumba for the weekend, you know, take your mind off things.
I know it's probably not your preferred fishing style but it's looking like a fun weekend.

Pete.

dogsbody
04-03-2009, 01:17 PM
At the end of the day mate she's just a boat, a luxury for those that work for it. Plenty more out there to tinker with in time.

Just think if you lived south and lost everything including loved ones in the fires. Keep perspective and keep positivity in your life and you'll be better for the experience.

Dave

Dirtysanchez
04-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Tim I'd be happy to meet up one day and wet a line with you, but LB only coz I too sold my boat..

Just FYI on my last post, the bloke I mentioned is real and his whole family are now being badgered by this developer cockroach who has basically conned him into a consortium type deal, then reneged on the deal, which puts great financial onus on my mate.. He stands to lose 5 properties because he put them up as security and at present is moving out of a beatiful house with water views into a rental home :-(

Whatever your problems are, be positive, as you say it could be worse, you could be in somalia dodging bullets, or Pakistan or similar, or Rwanda and starving

Take it easy mate

TimiBoy
04-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Well.

SWEET, SWEET NEWS!

I have managed to rearrange the deck chairs, and I will keep my boat!

Reckon I'm happy or what???

Cheers and thanks to you all for your kind words and your encouragement. They will never be forgotten!!!

Cheers,

TimiBoy!

Apollo
04-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Well.

SWEET, SWEET NEWS!

Cheers and thanks to you all for your kind words and your encouragement. They will never be forgotten!!!

Cheers,

TimiBoy!

Good stuff Tim. I hope it continues to work out ok for you.

Cheers
Steve

dogsbody
04-03-2009, 05:41 PM
WOOHOO Timi super news.

Dave

wilcara
04-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Iv'e been emotionally scammed!

Only joking, good stuff mate, glad its working out.

backlash08
04-03-2009, 06:08 PM
good one you tim, onwards and upwards

Pete62
04-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Well.

SWEET, SWEET NEWS!

Cheers,

TimiBoy!

Happy days Tim, onward and upward.

Pete

Mindi
04-03-2009, 06:32 PM
terrific Tim... too good.

Mike Delisser
04-03-2009, 09:03 PM
And just when the fish thought they could finally live in peace ;)

Good on ya Timmy, glad to hear it :D

Cheers
Mike

fez
04-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Timi,

Don't know you from a bar of soap but enjoy reading your posts and share a couple of things in common with you (i.e. Love of Cricket, love of time on the water) I have enjoyed your sence of humour as you can take the p!ss out of yourself (and everyone else on your boat) and the best news is that you can continue your posts about the escapades on the water and taking the p!ss out of everyone on your boat.

Great news champ, keep your head up.

Fez.

catfishkid
04-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Well.

SWEET, SWEET NEWS!

Cheers,

TimiBoy!

Great to hear the news tim,saturday is looking pretty good at this stage;D
Look forward to your report

Cheers Craig

Black_Rat
05-03-2009, 03:13 AM
I reckon you should bolt down those deck chairs so they never need re arranging again ! ;D

poundalead
05-03-2009, 06:19 AM
Just seen the boat on Boatpoint. Mate that boat is a credit to you one of the best trailerable rigs I have seen. Good luck for the future.

Cheers Benny

STUIE63
05-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Tim
thank christ for being able to rearrange deck chairs great news that you can keep the boat because it is one sweet boat
Stuie

Dirtysanchez
05-03-2009, 12:29 PM
God only knows how but good for you.. Did you sell your mother in law or something ? :D

TimiBoy
05-03-2009, 12:36 PM
LOL, I've always had a knack for making some money appear when I need to. I always keep some opportunities up my sleeve. It took some fancy footwork, for sure.

Trick is to make sure the deck chairs aren't on the Titanic!;) The next few months are still going to be quite hard, I suspect, but at least I'll be fishing!

Cheers,

Tim

The-easyrider
05-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Thats great news, about the boat and some light at the end of the tunnel :)

Mad-One
05-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Thats great news Tim. All the best to you in the future and look forward to some more of your antics on the water

Cheers Phil