PDA

View Full Version : offshore trip at yeppoon

fisho85
23-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Fishing one of the islands north of yeppoon. friday night, got most the fish at dawn in 30M of water,the fish where holding halfway to the bottom, using fresh fish fillets, pillies and squid the red jew where liking the pillies the two cobia were taken on squid. not many leagal red emp's around all but one was over the 55cm mark. most of the fish where caught on the drift at the top of the tide while it was fairly still.

any other good reports around yeppoon or gladstone last weekend????

lethal098
23-02-2009, 02:57 PM
that is a qaulity catch of fish, welcome to ausfish, i am sure you will get a wealth of knowledge and bulls&^t along the way. cheers Lethal

swano
23-02-2009, 03:00 PM
nice scarletts and the odd red , well done fellas and welcome aboard .
cheers swano

jtpython
23-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Nice stuff guys youse got a mixed bag there for sure.
The current was well entruly up down towards the sout and we had to work for our fish .
You guys done well
Weather was pefect to
JT

fisho85
23-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Cheers lads, i dont get out often so i was stoked to get the chance. i can finaly add cobia, legal red emperor and nannygai to my growing list, i also picked up a baramundi cod, he went back in after a happy snap.

JT where abouts did you head too?

jtpython
23-02-2009, 08:52 PM
I was E of Barren fishing some rubble patches out wide mate
JT

blindwalrus
24-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Nice haul there fellas. We fished E of Rosslyn bay on the fri. Conditions were perfect glassy all day. Current was roaring and the fishing was slow but we managed a feed

cletus
24-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Great catch Fisho, we head north Friday morn and found the nannys in about 30m of water east of pinnicles and also found some sharks, which kept us on the drift.

Grahams was on the money with a trawler working corio to pinnicles and back and guess what we got the nannys on ?

A few nice trout around the islands in that dirty green water to finish the day.

How far out is the dirty stuff? Lisa might have been worth a look

jtpython
25-02-2009, 05:23 PM
The freash come into Lisa Jane at lunch time on friday as the old man packed up and headed in and was just not worth it
JT