PDA

View Full Version : Peter Faust

lenthals_barra
23-02-2009, 08:14 AM
im planning a trip to pf next friday, will fish saturday to monday. anyone been catching any? wat on and wat sort of structure? any help would be greatly appreciated

madman1
24-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Call Lindsay Dobe from Proserpine Bait and Tackle.

We have had a heap of rain up here and more than likely dropping the water temperature. Capacity is increasing.

I heard a few weeks ago it was pretty hard going.

Good luck

Mark

Hornet1
24-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Was up there on Sunday...water level about 2m from the spillway which is the highest I've seen it. Lots of green saplings underwater. Mainly went for a scoot around the dam to have a look but after marking a few fish at the wall, had a quick troll for 3 bites and nil hookups. There was plenty of bony's flicking around so that would be a good starting point...surprisingly, the water temp in the main basin was 27-28 deg. and around the edges 30 deg...we have had some stinkers leading up til sunday, but I did think the temps would be lower.
Haven't heard how the fishing has been but as mark says, Lindsay is the man to talk to...all the best for the trip.

BobbyJ123
25-02-2009, 04:29 AM
Water level is at 84% and rising

warrior
25-02-2009, 06:16 AM
2 of my mates were up there last week and put in a big day for no fish a few bumps but the water was dirty and rising lindsay said it was tuff but there are fish to be caught good luck

tuna44
25-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Last time i was there the water had just rose approx 4 m (from memory). Water was dirty but we had a ball. Cleaner water was pushing down the main channel and we fished the edge of the basin where the clean met the dirty in shallow water (3ft). Persistance paid early morning & late arvo. Think differently if your usual tactics fail. Best of luck.

luskin
26-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi Lenthals

If the water is up as they say then I would head down the back left to the old river and lurk around there for some awesome hookups but not many boated :-)

haven't been there since 2005 but always some action if you've the time and patience.....and load up on 80lb leader...!!!

Love my Arafura Barra's

Cheers Sy

luskin
26-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Oh Yeh'

Lindsay is the Man!!

Also Barra baits are great for trolling the main basin

Green and orange for me..... have fun!!

Ciao

Dicko
26-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Water level is at 84% and rising

Awesome.

Be nice to see it full. It has only filled once and that was just after they built it.

BarraBandit
27-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Hi guys,

Contact Lindsay Dobe, tell him Little Hawkey sent you. :P If that doesnt click with him (he remembers fish not faces) tell him the Kid with the 89cm barra being recorded by Rob's Camera Crew. That should get him, if not, the guy and hes son who was going to buy hes Tracker Avalanche.

Lindsay will tell you everything you need to know, spots, water temps ect ect.

Hope this helps,
Bandit. :P

mylestom
27-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Awesome.

Be nice to see it full. It has only filled once and that was just after they built it.

Dicko,

Hoping its doesn't go over a large dispersal of weed seed from that Mimosa would not be pretty down that river system.

Regards

Trev