PDA

View Full Version : Gladstone Weekend fishing

enozekirts
22-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Anyone get out for Gladstone on Saturday the weather was great! How did you go? I went out to Jenny Lind then to Sable Chief then jumped overboard for a look at a few spots around Facing and still nothing. Maybe I need a bigger boat?

Cheers Craig

warti
22-02-2009, 07:11 PM
How was the viz at facing? Went for a quick friday arv fish for a couple of nice trout and a handfull of strippies. Mates gps shit itself so found spots using brail.

enozekirts
22-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Not to flash, tide was running hard stirring up the bottom in most spots.

jtpython
22-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Visibilty was great some odd 70 km out not to clear inside the bay around the keppels with the freash about
Good just to get out but begeezus it was stinking hot
JT

Lambsy
22-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Thursday, at Jenny Linde banks picked up coral trout and grassies, plenty, Friday and Sat out at cabbage patch area was loaded with red throat, must have caught 40 to 50 just undersize each and another boat the same, but the keepers were worth it, couple of trout thrown in. Beautiful weather, paradise!

fisho85
24-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Anyone get out for Gladstone on Saturday the weather was great! How did you go? I went out to Jenny Lind then to Sable Chief then jumped overboard for a look at a few spots around Facing and still nothing. Maybe I need a bigger boat?

Cheers Craig

I was going to head around facing, but i was kindly invited to yeppoon for a trip offshore
i need a bigger boat too!!!. But its better to have some family or good mates with bigger boats;) ;)

If anyone needs a good decky let me know;D

enozekirts
24-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Yeh your right.......... next time I move house I'll be looking for the big boat in the neighours yard..

Benno1
24-02-2009, 09:15 PM
the boys went out to Fitzroy on Saturday...picked up a few decent fish (5 kilo/4 kilo coral trout)...a few tuskies...things shut down so they went for a swim...it was hella hot but the trip out and back was fantastic...flat as a tack!!!

Mrs Benno1
Sunny