PDA

View Full Version : Thursday at the Banks

Mac1952
22-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Left Mooloolaba at 0400 on Thursday morning with Chris and Stafford, headed for the banks. The first mark produced fairly well although the current was fairly roaring.
Lost a few monsters (probably Cod), but netted a nice mixed bag of pearlies, parrot, red-throat, cod and snapper, although nothing spectacular.
Chris got smashed on a floated pillie, and boated a small black which was released in good nick.
Moved to another spot for more of the same, lots of undersized stuff mixed with the occasional keeper.

Headed for home and back by 15h30. All up, a very enjoyable day in good company.

A few pics of part of the catch.

Dean1
22-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Left Mooloolaba at 0400 on Thursday morning with Chris and Stafford, headed for the banks. The first mark produced fairly well although the current was fairly roaring.
Lost a few monsters (probably Cod), but netted a nice mixed bag of pearlies, parrot, red-throat, cod and snapper, although nothing spectacular.
Chris got smashed on a floated pillie, and boated a small black which was released in good nick.
Moved to another spot for more of the same, lots of undersized stuff mixed with the occasional keeper.

Headed for home and back by 15h30. All up, a very enjoyable day in good company.

A few pics of part of the catch. Good stuff mate at least you got a good feed and things are starting to improve out that way. Im sure you passed me one day you were heading in in ur 6.2kc I was in my 5.2kc. Cheers.

Mac1952
22-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Just noticed I will have to reset the date on the camera!!

skipalong
22-02-2009, 05:03 PM
good sized black for some fun and a feed to take home well done

justin...

jeffo
22-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Good stuff dennis!! maybe not the most orthodox method to catch a billfish, but take them any way you can!! Looks like another wave of fish has finally turned up. We got a couple yesterday and there was reports of plenty of others around the place.

hookinin
22-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi, seen you moving around just to the north and west of us at one stage in the middle of the day.Thought about calling you up to meet you but couldn't remenber your name.
Cheers Gaven