PDA

View Full Version : hard work for a Spaniard

Jono_SS
21-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Took a day off on Friday to spend fishing off the Sunshine Coast. Found it hard to jig quality livies, but eventually managed 3! Then had fun catching some baby mac tuna and sprinted for the 12 mile. Released a jellybean with jewelry only to have the undercarriage removed by something big with sharp teeth. Didn't see any action from the other boats while I was there. Eventually headed towards home via a shallow spot in dirty water where, by some miracle, I was able to convert a livie into 14kg of target species. Turned a slow day into a beauty.

Horse
21-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Jonathon, nice fish there mate. I am working on some home made PWC Tuna Tubes at the moment. The small tuna are around but not where I want them

tunaticer
21-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Any ideas on what nibbled your bait like that on the troll?? Sure looks unlike anything ive seen before.

Nice spano tho gotta be happy with that.

Jono_SS
21-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Neil.

would have loved some facilities on board to keep a few tunas kicking for an hour or 2. I don't recall learning how to make them in our TAFE course 20 odd years ago, but I guess there'd be heaps of stuff out there on the net somewhere.

Still looking forward to catching up one day.

Later.

Jonathan.

(spanish mac and chips enjoyed by all for dinner).

Jono_SS
21-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Any ideas on what nibbled your bait like that on the troll?? Sure looks unlike anything ive seen before.

something that wasn't quite hungry enough for a third bite.

hookinin
21-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Johnathan, plenty of spanish of Noosa.
Gaven

skipalong
22-02-2009, 11:38 AM
top effort jonothon managed 5 from 8 at the usual detination on saturday

cheers justin