PDA

View Full Version : Slipping a boat on the 'Coast

Brumby
21-02-2009, 06:13 PM
My old lady needs to come out of the water to have her bum cleaned. Used to go to Gary's place in Biggera Waters, but looking for suggestions on where to go on the Gold Coast now that he's shut up shop. I'd prefer somewhere where I can do the work myself, have a couple of things that need attention aside from the antifoul and not blessed with an endless supply of folding notes!

All suggestions gratefully received,

Carl

Chimo
21-02-2009, 06:20 PM
See if Boatboy 50 can suggest something.

Cheers
Chimo

boatboy50
21-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey Brumby,

These days, it doesn't matter where you go, your wallet will hurt.

Gold Coast Marine Centre (not GCCM) I believe would be the cheapest on the Goldie. Rudy Maas (next to Horizon Shores) would be cheapest overall, but quite a drive if you've got some work to do.

I work at a marina, but unfortunately for you don't do hardstand, but could help with berthing!

Other than that, if your not doing a new coat of antifoul, maybe it would be cost effective to have it trucked to home and dropped on blocks (maybe even hire or borrow a trailer) and worked on there if you have the room. If your doing antifouling you would surely be breaking some EPA rules by doing it at home.

Regards

Darren

Brumby
22-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks Darren (& Chimo) I hadn't considered GCMC and it may be the answer. On the other hand I've been chewing on the idea of moving her more or less permanently onto a trailer for long enough, maybe I'd better work on that idea a little more seriously, although the thought of splashing out the thick end of 10 grand for something suitable has slowed me up until now. Looked at a couple of 2nd hand trailers, but always a story attached.