PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Friday

two dogs
21-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Fished mermaid on fri, lateish start, only got there around 7. Around 15 boats there. Didn't lose a floater. Saw 1/2 dozen spotties caught. We lost a good spanish from the bottom. Still managed a feed of fish from the bottom, 6 squire (best went 45cm), 1 large tuskie went 50cm (1st drop). There was a good school of mac tuna that busted up for a while and closer to the seaway we had some fun with a few good schools of chopper tailor. Reef fish were caught on half pillies and the bite shut down after the first hour or so.

cheers

dreemon
22-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Is this mermaid reef of the goldie? I'm struggling to get anything, I'll have to go for the dawn patrol one hell of a lucky morn, persisistance I suppose :-/

frankgrimes
22-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Is this mermaid reef of the goldie? I'm struggling to get anything, I'll have to go for the dawn patrol one hell of a lucky morn, persisistance I suppose :-/

Yeah mate - ~10ks south of Seaway.....just look for the parking lot ;)

Mick

dreemon
22-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks Mick, I have gone there fr, tally bar , bit closer but never had much luck/skill as two dogs.... I've got bucket fish and shovelnose shark there and not the other goods , just what is concidered "vermin" to most, same at palmy reef,

I think I need some help and tips on "How to" by watching and not so much reading, sorta like driving test, ya cant just read to know how to drive :)