PDA

View Full Version : Timi's Charters, 20 Feb

TimiBoy
21-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Man this day's been a long time coming. What with going away, preparing the Business for that, and a couple of other issues I haven't been able to get Bubi in the water for 4 months!

Almost didn't happen, as on Thursday while checking things over I discovered a knackered battery terminal. Not being the most skilled at this sort of thing, I couldn't find a sparky to help at that late notice. I pulled everything out, Local Batteries dropped off a new one, and Wags took care of the rest.

Put the boat in the water to discover a parting gift on the Raby Bay pontoon. Bruce (tropicrows) had left us a couple of bananas... Left the ramp at 6:30 with Wags and my two nephews, George and Will. Lovely conditions, and a good run out to the bar where we met Bruce, and followed him through the Amity Channel.

Off to a spot to farm up some liveys, then an hour or so of trolling. Needing to keep the 18 year olds entertained, we gave the trolling a miss after a while, and headed to the 35's in search of fun. One squire came up, and then the circus arrived in the form of a school of Dollies, about 60 - 80 cm. We boated 3, then backed off the drags and just had some serious fun. They were hungry, and gave us a beautiful jumping show, with good runs to boot. Certainly got the adrenalin pumping! They disappeared, and we headed to Square Patch in search of jigging fun.

Good shows at the patch, and the young 'uns boated a couple of nice rat Kingies, 2.5 and 3.5 kg, and another squire. A couple of other boats out there seemed to be doing OK too. The boys started to flag a bit in the heat (kids are just soft these days) so we came in to Shallow Tempest and dropped the pick. I had a heap of frames and crud to get rid of, as I need to clean the freezers. So we berleyed up, but not much going on. After bringing up a few undersize Red Throats, and giggling at George's snoring, I started to think it was home time, particularly as the weather was building in the West.

So home we went, the storm hit as we were pulling the boat out, glad we left when we did, hope all you other guys survived! Home to clean the boat and the fish - we ate the dollies, filleted and barbequed, no seasoning, no nothing. They don't need it. Sweet, sweet, sweet.

No photos yet, Wags has those. When I receive them, I'll get some up here.

Nice day, OK results, looking forward to the next trip!

Cheers,

Tim

Benno1
21-02-2009, 10:55 AM
isnt it the best feeling Timi...to be out on the water after a dry spell???...glad you boys got out and about and had a good day too boot...looking forward to the piccies :D
cheers for the report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

rubba
21-02-2009, 12:05 PM
mate great report loved the air horns mate

wak69
21-02-2009, 06:01 PM
great report timiboy, any pics

cheers sam..

wags on the water
21-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Not many pics....because there weren't many fish.

TimiBoy
21-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Wags caught nothing. No... wait, let me count that again... yep, nothing!

To be fair he was doing a great job decking for the boys.

Cheers,

Tim

wags on the water
21-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Pics are coming folks, just had a few dramas with the computer.

wags on the water
21-02-2009, 06:44 PM
It was an early start to the day with some boat maintenance, done by yours truly, as Tim made only himself a coffee. >:(
Anyway there were plenty of good shows on the sounder yet not many of the bigger fish willing to play the game. William and George were great company as the captain still wouldn't listen...

Cheers,
Wags

wags on the water
21-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Wags caught nothing. No... wait, let me count that again... yep, nothing!

To be fair he was doing a great job decking for the boys.

Cheers,

Tim

I was just getting the fish into a feeding frenzy for the boys. :P

hookinin
21-02-2009, 08:35 PM
I feel better knowing its not just me that hasn't been able to get out. Its good to see you got back on the water and the nephews looked pretty please with the results. As for Wags sounds like a busy day, engineer,photographer and deckie.
Cheers Gaven

skipalong
21-02-2009, 09:53 PM
nive work mate well done

justin

wags on the water
21-02-2009, 10:00 PM
I feel better knowing its not just me that hasn't been able to get out. Its good to see you got back on the water and the nephews looked pretty please with the results. As for Wags sounds like a busy day, engineer,photographer and deckie.
Cheers Gaven

It never ends Gaven. Don't get much for it either...;D

wags on the water
21-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Forgot to mention, a few of the dollies were hooked up on plastics but with them flying through the air made it hard to stay connected. Jighead used was 1/4 oz 2/0 - fingamajig brand, with a 5" white/clear shad.

TimiBoy
22-02-2009, 06:30 AM
Forgot to mention, a few of the dollies were hooked up on plastics but with them flying through the air made it hard to stay connected. Jighead used was 1/4 oz 2/0 - fingamajig brand, with a 5" white/clear shad.

Yes, there were a couple of solid reminders of why you wear sunnies while fishing. The jigheads go like missiles!

Cheers,

Tim

tropicrows
22-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Next time Tim, Ill take wags and you can take my brother. Don't know how anyone could get so sea sick in those conditions. Never seen a grown man crawling around the floor of the boat just wishing I would shoot him and put him out of his misery.
I tried fishing by myself but with my brother hurling every few minutes it just was not going to work. That’s the first and last time he will be going out, he was also the one who brought the bananas, so I told him to leave on the pontoon. They were still there when we got back to the ramp, funny about that.

Still, any day on the water, beats a day working.

CreelReaper
22-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Good effort Tim, you've done the boys proud and should be itching to get back out there to nail some more. Top effort.

Shane