PDA

View Full Version : Top day off Gladstone

noboatyet
20-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Finally, after 3 months of waiting for some decent weather, that didn’t coincide with going back to work, we headed out on Thursday morning. First stop was for some livies, then we put the hammer down and made the most of the glassed out conditions arriving on our mark an hour later. My mate who had just come of night shift made the most of the conditions and had a sleep on the floor of the boat.
Things were a bit slow for a start, with a procession of Hussar and under size Reds coming over the side. After a move and the tide nearly at the bottom things started to pick up. A couple of nice Trout and some good Nanny’s coming on board the day was starting to look pretty good. The sharks became a bit of a problem in the afternoon which kept us moving around. We managed a pretty good mix of reefies by stumps All in all it was a fantastic day on the water.

Cheers

Murray

Benno1
20-02-2009, 10:06 PM
fan...frikken...tastic!!!...now THAT is a way healthy esky Murray...lovin the "lawn of death" pics :P...i hope you're sitting down...here comes the barage of questions...what gear were you using???...did you do any trolling???...did you use any other bait other than the livies and if so what???...where abouts did you fish???...Lamont???...Wistari???...my boys are going out tomorrow...im hoping they come home with an esky VERY similar to yours mate :D...cheers for the piccies and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

noboatyet
20-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi Mrs Benno,

No trolling:

North West:

Flesh baits mostly Hussar and mullet

Good luck tomorrow, I'm Taking the family out tomorrow hoping to make the most of the good wether
Cheers Murray

Benno1
20-02-2009, 11:03 PM
aaaaah good old North West!!!...weve done a few overnighters there its great!!!...the boys are heading out too Douglas i think...ive got my fingers crossed for a few RED fish...well one would be nice :D
those trout are absolute PEARLERS!!!...hey good luck to you and yours as well :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

seapup
21-02-2009, 06:16 AM
Love the RED colour!
Well done!

Ynot560
27-02-2009, 04:46 AM
Yet again Muzz thanks for the enjoyable trip, and the very comfortable sleep on the way out. I still can't get over how hot it was on the water, and how flat the conditions were.
Also good to see the young fella catching his 1st trout 2 days later, it will be hard sneaking off in the boat without him now.

Cheers
Seith

skipalong
27-02-2009, 04:55 PM
awesome trout mate well done

cheers justin

tfish
27-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Snodger Trout. Goowork..very Jealous. Cheers For The Report. Trav

mangomick
27-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Good one mate. Some really nice colour there.Those seas look pretty slick. Havent seen the water like that for a while. I bet your Mate isnt on crew 1

jarhead
28-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Nothing but quality, very nice.

Wal

noboatyet
01-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks for all the replys,

Hopefully we wont have to wait another 3 months Seith!!! Mind you well be hard pressed to get another day like that.

Mangomick,
It allways seems to be the other crew that scores the good weather. ::) I'm glad to read you got to the bottom of your electrical issue. Would it be you I saw getting a tow back from the Shoals last Saturday??
Cheers

Murray