PDA

View Full Version : Moondarra is the place for big barra

goddy100
18-02-2009, 09:46 AM
For all of you not able to hook onto a big barra, go to Lake Moondarra. As the attached photo shows, it is child's play to get one there.;D

Goddy

SeekingBarradise
18-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi Goddy a mate of mine (jonesy) sent me this photo last week and i thought it was a great shot. The photo really tells a story.

Is the water flowing out your way?

Thanks for posting.
Cheers Lyndon.

Pete62
18-02-2009, 09:59 AM
That's a classic, thanks for sharing.

Pete.

goddy100
18-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Not in the Isa anymore, but do go out there for work fairly often. It has been going over the spillway (where this fish is most likely from). They get fairly knocked around going over spillway and can be very easy pickings for people. Litrally hundreds of barra up to about 125cm where collected from the back of the dam to end up in peoples freezers. Not too worried about it as if you can catch them by hand, they are pretty well stuffed anyway.

Goddy

lenthals_barra
23-02-2009, 08:11 AM
dont know if its true or not but they done another fish collection on saturday just gone and saturday before and got a barra abit over 150cm. i wanna see a pic, i got no doubt they are in there but i just wanna see proof

Bros
24-02-2009, 09:57 PM
These arrive in my email yesterday titled "Isa Barra". The last two are unknown as they arrived in a different format and I had to convert so that are not as good .Where they came from I wouldn't have a clue

goddy100
24-02-2009, 10:22 PM
The first three are from up the top of the spillway at Moondarra. The barras where getting caught against fence there. The next one is down the bottom of the spillway. It is the first large pool after the rough ride down and lots of bashed up barra get washed ashore there. The last, could be anywere, but certainly looks like an Isa local.;D

Goddy

I GOT CRABS
26-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Does the dam fish pretty well normally. Do they stillstock thhe dam reguraly?