PDA

View Full Version : Honda Marine again highest in customer satisfaction

Spaniard_King
17-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Thought you guys may be interested in this;D

Taken from http://www.sandmanpr.com.au/newsroom/honda.html
http://www.sandmanpr.com.au/templates/rhuk_solarflare_ii/images/printButton.png (http://www.sandmanpr.com.au/index2.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=383&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=227) Honda’s EFI four-stroke outboard engines have ranked ‘Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Four-Stroke Outboard Engines’ in the J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Marine Engine Competitive Information Study.
Honda received the award in 2005, 2006, 2007 and now for a fourth time this year.
In its eighth year, the study measures overall customer satisfaction with four marine engine types: EFI inboard; four-stroke EFI outboard; two-stroke DI outboard; and EFI sterndrive.
Overall customer satisfaction index scores are based on performance across seven factors: starting ease; quietness at cruise; reliability; fuel economy; shifting smoothness; lack of exhaust fumes; and ability of boat to accelerate rapidly. The study also examines engine quality, where scores are measured as problems per 100 (PP100) engines.
Honda marine manager Chris Schultz said to repeatedly receive this honour in the largest and most competitive market in the world (America) illustrated Honda’s commitment to delivering the highest quality product to consumers.
“Honda continually delivers on its technology promise to engineer superior products with outstanding performance and unparalleled reliability,” Mr Schultz said.
“With the support of its dealer network, Honda is equally dedicated to providing exceptional sales and service to consumers right around the world.”
Honda’s new wave of technologically-advanced EFI four-stroke outboards raced onto the global market in 2006 with the completely-redesigned BF75/90, introducing Honda’s revolutionary BLAST™ (Boosted Low Speed Torque) system. Developed to improve acceleration at lower speeds, BLAST™ results in powerful hole shot performance – equivalent to that of rivalling two-stroke outboards.
Pioneering a new age in four-stroke technology, the launch of the BF75/90 was followed last year by the new BF40/50, which have since proved extremely popular in the mid-range horsepower market.
Mr Schultz said Honda’s tireless work in R&D ensured there was a lot more to come.
“Without giving too much away, this year will see the introduction of something the Australian market has long been waiting for!”
J.D. Power and Associates is a global marketing information services company operating in key business sectors including market research, forecasting, performance improvement, training and customer satisfaction. The firm's quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually.
Further information: Honda Australia – (03) 9270 1111 or visit: www.honda.com.au (http://www.honda.com.au/)
(17 February 2009)

ozbee
17-02-2009, 03:23 PM
there's so many medals being created by companies around the world today blowing there own horns what do you believe

1 quote pioneering a new age in four stroke technology last year lets get real are we to believe honda introduced efi or were they the last to get rid of carby fourstrokes.

2 blast results in powerfull hole shot performance equilvent to two strokes.

what a bit of spark advance is going to change the world . common get over it i own a new 50 efi honda . is it a good motor ,yes it is its great but to say a four takes off as fast as my previous two on the same boat would have to be one of the biggest liars around just shows there so much bull crap out there.

any how i better get back to work as im removing my fuel tank as every time i go out it uses so little fuel that it may over flow itself and cause me to sink.

Spaniard_King
17-02-2009, 03:38 PM
ozbee, theres a lot more to technology than just air, fuel and a spark :)

ozbee
17-02-2009, 03:54 PM
honda is a very good product it doesn't have to lie to stand on its own two feet . by the way jd power is only a company that offers quality control so it actually does no testing on non clients but hang onto your seat they do it for EVINRUDE to so next week will be let me guess.

finga
17-02-2009, 04:01 PM
any how i better get back to work as im removing my fuel tank as every time i go out it uses so little fuel that it may over flow itself and cause me to sink.
You have that trouble too hey :-/
My little Honda is that good on fuel I sometimes forget to connect the fuel line and it's only when I'm flushing after-wards I realise my mistake. True ;D

Spaniard_King
17-02-2009, 04:10 PM
J.D. Power and Associates is a global marketing information services company operating in key business sectors including market research, forecasting, performance improvement, training and customer satisfaction. The firm's quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually.

(17 February 2009)

Yep, they could of only done there market research on Honda owners::)

ozbee
17-02-2009, 05:01 PM
though i must admit its a bit scary how little it does use compared to my old . now i keep worrying it might go stale just cant be sastified

ozbee
17-02-2009, 05:17 PM
satisfied, sorry because of the millions of consumers annually worrying over fuel issues j d powers has designed that all motors will no longer need fuel and thus have caused the collapse of the world oil price which has aided to the world financial crisis which has led the mass retrenchment of staff at j ds so this will be the last released bulletin for honda as all staff will have to constantrate on smelly old two strokes to help balance this worlds deepening crisis.

Spaniard_King
17-02-2009, 05:20 PM
satisfied, sorry because of the millions of consumers annually worrying over fuel issues j d powers has designed that all motors will no longer need fuel and thus have caused the collapse of the world oil price which has aided to the world financial crisis which has led the mass retrenchment of staff at j ds so this will be the last released bulletin for honda as all staff will have to constantrate on smelly old two strokes to help balance this worlds deepening crisis.

Just incase they go back on there word, I will keep you posted;D

Jabba_
17-02-2009, 05:45 PM
here's the full report from JD Powers....
http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...df/2009023.pdf (http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...df/2009023.pdf)

Did you know that The E-tec achieved the highest rating ever given to a DI 2st at 907 points, which is just 1 point below the Honda at 908...

What is more interesting is these two motors are by far the most enviromently cleanest motors.

ozbee
17-02-2009, 06:04 PM
which caused the price of oil to crash........ anyhow gabba did you have much of a fight to make them change all the injectors

Jabba_
17-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Only needed 2 changed, and the EMM @ 19hrs.. No arms need too be twisted to repair fix the motor quickly. I lost no time on the water.. I now have 125hrs on the motor...

ozbee
17-02-2009, 07:31 PM
what actually was the fault to change emm

black runner
17-02-2009, 08:30 PM
The full article is a good read and gives a good indication of how the technologies are performing especially if you take a look at the reported problems per 100.

From the article:

“However, from a quality standpoint, EFIs clearly have fewer reported problems. In general, owners of EFI outboards tend to have fewer issues with the engine running rough or hesitating, unusual engine noises and fuel system leaks than do owners of DI engines.”

The EFI 4strokes are clearly leading the pack! ;D;D ;)

Jabba_
18-02-2009, 05:03 AM
what actually was the fault to change emm
I am not entirly sure. The Machenic's at Hinterland were told to change it by BRP.Hinterland were unable to find a fault, and they said BRP wanted it changed as a precaution....

Jabba_
18-02-2009, 05:09 AM
The full article is a good read and gives a good indication of how the technologies are performing especially if you take a look at the reported problems per 100.

From the article:

“However, from a quality standpoint, EFIs clearly have fewer reported problems. In general, owners of EFI outboards tend to have fewer issues with the engine running rough or hesitating, unusual engine noises and fuel system leaks than do owners of DI engines.”

The EFI 4strokes are clearly leading the pack! ;D;D ;)
That is correct, but it is also taken right across the range of motors for that class, ie, 2st or EFI... The DI's are now at a level off reliability that the 4st were at in 2005 and obviously the 4st have improved from then also...

What is all means is the reliabilty is improving on all motors..

It's all good

Mindi
18-02-2009, 05:37 AM
would have been good to publish the whole report...here it is with DI and four stroke rankings based on customer satisfaction. JD Power has nothing to do with mfrs..they read market attitudes and satisfaction.
The graphs are interesting and particularly the different most common issues with DI and 4 strk owners

Mercury would not be happy with having the unhappiest customers....personally as a black owner they would have got a better vote off me but the market doesnt lie.

Suzuki would be very pissed that their new range of 4 strokes left them in third place in their category too, with only Mercury behind them in last place....although the sample was taken up to May 08 when the new Suzis had hardly been released so they may lift Suzi next year.

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/releases/pdf/2009023.pdf