PDA

View Full Version : 16ft tiger shark annoys moreton bay mud crabbers

mudrunner
16-02-2009, 08:47 AM
speaking to a local on russell island..(and a member here) he was telling me of how the local pro mud crabbers are getting hastled by a 16ft tiger shark now for months.

he comes up when they are re baiting the pots with fresh chickens and does his best to get the chooks from the pots.....they have to throw him a chook to be rid of him....

aparently he hangs around karragarra island area.......

thats some huge fish fillets.....

Dory4.1
16-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Now I know why they have a swimming enclosure area on Karragarra.

mudrunner
16-02-2009, 05:31 PM
the one on russell has a bit of a hole in it....:o

Horse
16-02-2009, 07:25 PM
I have seen a pro working pots near the Peel Spit beacon. Every time he pulled up the fins would start breaking the surface. They were not small:o
We were crabbing the same area and were left alone. The buggers must learn which boats to follow

Neil

Mossy247
16-02-2009, 08:12 PM
They are amazing animals the tiger shark, though I would be throwing it a bush turkey, damn things have been raping the poor old black chooks. Did they mention if they do any damage to the pots while they are trying to get the bait out? I think it would be crabbers 0 tiger shark 1. LoL :)

dnej
16-02-2009, 10:51 PM
The documentry I saw, indicated, that the sharks respond to the motor, and get to recognise individual sounds.
David

finga
17-02-2009, 07:20 AM
I hope the shark gets the pro crabber that doesn't mind raiding a pot or 76.
He needs to be shark poo I reckon
That would be justice or irony...which ever way you look at it.

Dirtysanchez
17-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Finga, I think the word you are looking for is Karma, what goes around, comes around

Still thats a big shark, I hope it isn't the culprit that bit the Dolphin that visits Tangalooma ?

Keechie
17-02-2009, 05:22 PM
mmm, time to go sharking:P

3rd degree
17-02-2009, 09:07 PM
I thought the same Dirtysanchez....

Must have been a fair size to bust it up like that.

Jim

oldboot
17-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Well fellas if you are off sharking you had better do it soon..... when the new rules come in you wont be able to take a shark over 1.5M.....they are all endangered don't you know.

cheers

Scalem
17-02-2009, 09:31 PM
I have seen a pro working pots near the Peel Spit beacon. Every time he pulled up the fins would start breaking the surface. They were not small:o
We were crabbing the same area and were left alone. The buggers must learn which boats to follow

Neil

I was TRYING to fish the same area on the Aust day weekend but was forced to move. I made a comment in another thread about the figure 8 manouvers Mr Pro kept doing right in front of the Spit beacon.>:(

Asking around, the consensus is that the shark has indeed learned the sound of his boat, and he is merely trying to get things done b4 the shark catches up to him again. Tell me the same thing in April and I am not likely to believe you::)

Scalem

oldboot
17-02-2009, 10:10 PM
So Mr Pro crabber is being stalked by a shark.:undecided: :uhoh:

dun dun dun dun dun DARRRRUP:o :o

cheers

Crestcutter
17-02-2009, 11:04 PM
The shark Spinner is talking about is a resident of Blakelys. I went over too target him on sunday but only managed to get smashed by BIG bull sharks.

This is a no shit story and a mate is the pro crabber that is feeding him regulary. Its the bulls there attacking the pots as he pulls them. HE is a big sucker and i would be thinking twice about swimming at Blakeleys.

Scott not all Pro's raid pots. And furthermore he is not being stalked, he simply doesn't give a shit about the shark, it was just conversation. He actually feeds it.

The only feed i would give it is with the 410.

finga
18-02-2009, 06:20 AM
Scott not all Pro's raid pots. And furthermore he is not being stalked, he simply doesn't give a shit about the shark, it was just cionversation. He actually feeds it.

I'm only talking about the one (and most probably the only one) who does.

Those fellas work hard for there keep I reckon.
So your mate has has own flipper, or should that be cruncher.

Hey mate, can you PM your numbers please.
We'll have to catch up one day :D

Crestcutter
18-02-2009, 06:55 AM
I typed that late Scott and i didnt mean to sound like i was havin a go at ya.You know me , i would come to your house.:P Dont know if i should send you my number, my mother warned me about old men like you.

Anyways pm sent bloke.:D

finga
18-02-2009, 07:28 AM
I typed that late Scott and i didnt mean to sound like i was havin a go at ya.You know me , i would come to your house.:P Dont know if i should send you my number, my mother warned me about old men like you.

Anyways pm sent bloke.:D
That's just one reason why I reckon your a top bloke.
No beating around the bush. Just a 'did you do that??' and smacko...fair in the kisser ;D
What did your mum say?? ::)

juju
18-02-2009, 07:09 PM
The pro might have to get a new boat.....with a e-tec and the shark wouldnt hear him;D ;D

Crestcutter
19-02-2009, 06:03 AM
Funny you should mention that Juju , he already has an etec mate. I love the Etec arguement,, i knew someone would mention it lol.

jim_bream
26-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Things to do today:
1) Check crab pots
2) Feed the fish.....
3) New muffler on boat
I wonder if the pro has given his new pet a name?

Louis
26-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Well fellas if you are off sharking you had better do it soon..... when the new rules come in you wont be able to take a shark over 1.5M.....they are all endangered don't you know.

cheers

G'day Oldboot,

Surely you jest?

The new laws surely don't prohibit catching sharks over 1.5 metres do they?

Louis

Horse
26-02-2009, 07:22 PM
G'day Oldboot,

Surely you jest?

The new laws surely don't prohibit catching sharks over 1.5 metres do they?

Louis

They sure do:P