PDA

View Full Version : Do You Pack A Week Out??

BR65
15-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Off to Mondy next week end, this trips a bit more social, Ive got a FFBV (fresh faced barra virgin) as crew, plus the mates got his cheese and kisses and yard ape with him, so it wont be as full on as usual.
Mind you, I walked out of the shed last thing this arvo, turned around and had a look, and the boats ready to go, rods are in the carry tube, camping gear has been checked, and double checked, all the reels have had the leaders pre-fitted, the lure bag was scrutinized yesterday arvo for anything that needed replacement, modification, rectification or up-grading.
Am I getting anal, or is this normal IBD behaviour??? ;)

STIFFWORM
15-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi brian not anal im ready to go now and i havent even planned my next trip;D

BR65
15-02-2009, 08:32 PM
thank gawd, and i thought it was just me....................!

STIFFWORM
15-02-2009, 08:47 PM
I tell a lie , my next trip is planned i just havent set a date hopefully end of feb,good luck next weekend. Cheers les:)

Barraboss
15-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Brian,

Just got back from a VERY SOCIAL fishing weekend camping at the dam and have already planned my trip next weekend. So you are not alone..........

Matt

NAGG
15-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Gee Brian ...... You left it a bit late ::) ;D

Chris

Dick Pasfield
15-02-2009, 10:44 PM
I guess I do a bit of an inventory about a month before hand, make sure everything going has been sighted recently then pack the in the week leading up, most happens the night before.

Tropicaltrout
16-02-2009, 06:04 AM
;D Yeah mate I know that feeling I have everything ready for next weekend. Its a hard thing to get any non fisho to understand. I herd there's a nasal spray for pre-mature packing???? but I would much rather pack early then last minute stuff always leave something behind::) :P ;D ;D

Nath

Whitto
16-02-2009, 06:15 AM
Brian what the hell ya doing leaving the packing a week out.......Bloody Hell;D.....No mate thats what I call...... ATTENTION TO DETAIL.....you can't do enough of that....just don't forget the BEER PS Hey Nath sort puts a meaning to Deano's catch cry ALL THE GEAR NO IDEA....so start a week early...bit like my Sex life:P

DEANO68
16-02-2009, 06:42 AM
yea whitto everything is in the boat bar beer, ice , the trout and any idea whatsoever.::) :-/ ...ready to roll...:P ..

Tropicaltrout
16-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Its true Whitto he has a Bar with beer and Ice in the boat?

Whitto
16-02-2009, 07:09 AM
yea whitto everything is in the boat bar beer, ice , the trout and any idea whatsoever.::) :-/ ...ready to roll...:P .. Great stuff Deano....Keep ya eye on that Nath mate He's liable to put you onto a Barra or two...he has a habit of doing that;D.....Might just get my butt up there myself next weekend.....8-)

NAGG
16-02-2009, 07:21 AM
You guys are buggers ...... all this talk of barra has got me :2vrolijk_08: :2vrolijk_08: :2vrolijk_08: Specially that I can just about smell em now :P

Who's heading up on the weekend ?

Chris

robersl
16-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Nah Brian as you seen on sunday thats normal what was i doing when you arrived but tying leaders and checking the tackle box now i just have to pack the rum coke rum rum rum rum of and a sanger for next weekend

where is everyone setting up camp

shane

Whitto
16-02-2009, 07:37 AM
G'Day Chris.....Where are u at the moment in the scheme of things (Don't say the sh...er)...Iam considering a trek up the goat track for next weekend

DEANO68
16-02-2009, 07:43 AM
You guys are buggers ...... all this talk of barra has got me :2vrolijk_08: :2vrolijk_08: :2vrolijk_08: Specially that I can just about smell em now :P

Who's heading up on the weekend ?

Chris

come on chris, you can do it...see you friday nite.....:P

you too whitto.....;D

deano..8-)

NAGG
16-02-2009, 07:49 AM
G'Day Chris.....Where are u at the moment in the scheme of things (Don't say the sh...er)...Iam considering a trek up the goat track for next weekend

Just staying in Kangaroo Pt till I find my own place ........ hopefully before 12th March (Awoonga / Mondy)

Chris

Whitto
16-02-2009, 08:09 AM
come on chris, you can do it...see you friday nite.....:P

you too whitto.....;D

deano..8-)Just as a guess Deano u blokes will be camping around Monduran Tree somewhere...other than that I will just follow my nose
8-)

DEANO68
16-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Just as a guess Deano u blokes will be camping around Monduran Tree somewhere...other than that I will just follow my nose
8-)

near the kitchen someware whitto, depending on the weather we may stay up the dam saturday nite....

Whitto
16-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Gotcha Deano .....Thanks for that

Tropicaltrout
16-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah whitto we might camp up the dam yet chuck the swag in mate and join us spagetti bog for dinner though plenty to go round

DEANO68
16-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Yeah whitto we might camp up the dam yet chuck the swag in mate and join us spagetti bog for dinner though plenty to go round

nath, nellie offered to make us a curry also, might have to say no if we are stayin up there....::) ..:angryfire:..:helpa:...

Tropicaltrout
16-02-2009, 08:01 PM
nath, nellie offered to make us a curry also, might have to say no if we are stayin up there....::) ..:angryfire:..:helpa:...
Mate I made the spag tonight and we got heaps, and curry might be a bad thing up the dam, lack of toilet facilties:-[ :o oh no the swag zipper is stuck :-X :-/ oops

BR65
16-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Mate I made the spag tonight and we got heaps, and curry might be a bad thing up the dam, lack of toilet facilties:-[ :o oh no the swag zipper is stuck :-X :-/ oops

you boys scare me a little bit :o

Whats the weather looking like, my link for the Gin Gin forecast has crashed for some reason?
Should get an up to date this week at least, Pete and Kyle should be smacking em as we keyboard cast!

darylive
16-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Off to Mondy next week end, this trips a bit more social, Ive got a FFBV (fresh faced barra virgin) as crew, plus the mates got his cheese and kisses and yard ape with him, so it wont be as full on as usual.
Mind you, I walked out of the shed last thing this arvo, turned around and had a look, and the boats ready to go, rods are in the carry tube, camping gear has been checked, and double checked, all the reels have had the leaders pre-fitted, the lure bag was scrutinized yesterday arvo for anything that needed replacement, modification, rectification or up-grading.
Am I getting anal, or is this normal IBD behaviour??? ;)

Well done mate now don't forget to go to the shed every night, presuming there is a beer fridge in the shed and check everything. :)
OTHERWISE TAKE SUPPLIES!

That's right go to the shed every night and check everything! ;)
especially the lure selection, that should be checked and changed each night :-/and checked again. ::)

Of course this applies regardless of whether you are going fishun next weekend. because you can't be too sure. And of course check in here regularly because the the lure of preponderance could well have changed since you last checked in and you may have to go to the shed and check stuff again. :P

It sure as hell beats watchin days of our desperate housewives doctors lives at home or away who think they can dance! bloody loosers! sorry got a bit carried away there. :(

NOW TO THE SHED! :D

Whitto
16-02-2009, 10:05 PM
you boys scare me a little bit :o

Whats the weather looking like, my link for the Gin Gin forecast has crashed for some reason?
Should get an up to date this week at least, Pete and Kyle should be smacking em as we keyboard cast!Friday Possible T/storm...Saturday Possible T/Storm....Sunday Possible Showers.....Monday Possible Showers.....better take a tarp if were staying up the Dam Saturday night:(

Whitto
16-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Mate I made the spag tonight and we got heaps, and curry might be a bad thing up the dam, lack of toilet facilties:-[ :o oh no the swag zipper is stuck :-X :-/ oopsA Silver Back never has trouble finding a spot to crap......I Looooovvvvvveeeee Spag Boll not to mention a good curry....either way lads we will not starve........Remember Nath winter is not too far away "CHICKEN SOUP" time;D

DEANO68
17-02-2009, 06:32 AM

my swag zipper aint stuck mate, its friggin locked, up there in deliverance country, you cant be to carefull...:o ...might be a tad wet...josh got some dates mixed up,( bright lad )...so hes in, and will be up fridy arvo also..;D ..might throw in the driza and a tarp...8-)

Tropicaltrout
17-02-2009, 06:33 AM
A Silver Back never has trouble finding a spot to crap......I Looooovvvvvveeeee Spag Boll not to mention a good curry....either way lads we will not starve........Remember Nath winter is not too far away "CHICKEN SOUP" time;D

Yeah Whitto will make a big batch for a winter trip for sure;)

Yeah a storm is nothing out of the ordanary at Mondy, its bloody storm alley, but we will have a Gazebo up and a couple of walls to throw the swags in, just good to try something new.

Nath

Whitto
17-02-2009, 07:19 AM
If it remotely looks like a storm or rain I know where I'll be... Back at Camp.....been through too many Storms at Mondy;D

nipsta
17-02-2009, 05:23 PM
speaking of winter are there any takers for the queens bday week to go into a cabin im looking at heading uo till the friday and though it would be nice to do it in style

BR65
17-02-2009, 08:15 PM
speaking of winter are there any takers for the queens bday week to go into a cabin im looking at heading uo till the friday and though it would be nice to do it in style

Mate, I cant commit this far out, more than likely I'll be up anyways, but to hard to lock it in Eddie for a cabin berth.
What about the camp ground, nice time of year to sit around a fire and smash some bundies after a days fishing?

Tropicaltrout
17-02-2009, 08:22 PM
yeah I will take the fire set up and for Whitto the chicken soup. not to mention some harden up princess to warm the bones....

nipsta
17-02-2009, 08:56 PM
ok i guess that may be the way to go but i might have a bloke or 2 i will still come down to the fire maybe lol

Steve B
17-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Hey guys,

Do any of you fellas coming up this weekend live in the slacks creek area or coopers plains area?? If so, I need something picked up at a camping shop!

If not, its all good.

cheers Steve

Whitto
18-02-2009, 06:39 AM
yeah I will take the fire set up and for Whitto the chicken soup. not to mention some harden up princess to warm the bones....Mate don't need the Chook Soup till winter.....I can taste it now.....It's better than SEX.....HHHhhhuuuuummmm hang on maybe not ;D.

nipsta
18-02-2009, 07:04 AM
Mate don't need the Chook Soup till winter.....I can taste it now.....It's better than SEX.....HHHhhhuuuuummmm hang on maybe not ;D.
crieky whitto hope ya chief dont read that you may end up like the chicken in the soup lol

NAGG
18-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Mate don't need the Chook Soup till winter.....I can taste it now.....It's better than SEX.....HHHhhhuuuuummmm hang on maybe not ;D.

:o So whats in the soup ? ...... gotta be more than chicken :P

Chris

Whitto
18-02-2009, 07:08 AM
crieky whitto hope ya chief dont read that you may end up like the chicken in the soup lolNo problems Simon.......The Chief Cook and bottle washer is computer challenged like me only worse........I guess Mel is getting sick of herself these days not long to go.

Tropicaltrout
18-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Hey Greg what time you up friday? I reckon Deano and myself will get there around 9pm at the latest. Ready for a burbon!!!!

Whitto
18-02-2009, 07:46 AM
:o So whats in the soup ? ...... gotta be more than chicken :P

Chris I have no idea of the full ingredients Chris but it's very very good

Whitto
18-02-2009, 07:51 AM
Hey Greg what time you up friday? I reckon Deano and myself will get there around 9pm at the latest. Ready for a burbon!!!!
I left for Mondy on the Aussie weekend around 4pm BIG MISTAKE took me an hour to get from Strathpine to Caboolture>:(....I reckon I will leave around lunchtime Friday...my mate Jack Daniel's and me will be waiting:D....up near the Kitchen over towards the fence....good enough spot;D

Pete62
18-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Hi guys. Got a text from Pete & Kyle yesterday, the chosen one has a 93 under his belt and Pete remains fishless. Showers, humid and still.

Pete.

DEANO68
18-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Hi guys. Got a text from Pete & Kyle yesterday, the chosen one has a 93 under his belt and Pete remains fishless. Showers, humid and still.

Pete.

Cheers pete, showers humid and still....luv it...when are they due home.?

Pete62
18-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Hey Deano, mate I think it is Tomorrow, sounds like there has been a bit of a rise in the water level so hopefully they r finding them up on the edges.

Pete.

Callop
18-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey guys,

Do any of you fellas coming up this weekend live in the slacks creek area or coopers plains area?? If so, I need something picked up at a camping shop!

If not, its all good.

cheers Steve

Mate I'm at Springwood (near Slacks Creek) but am not going up anytime soon. I could bring it up to the Bash if you can wait that long
Dave

Steve B
18-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Dave,

Thanks mate. I have our newly inducted QLD monkey slayer hopefully picking it up tommorrow!

If that falls thru I will give you a buzz!! Thanks for the offer Dave.
cheers
Steve

BR65
18-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Give us a yell mate if it crashes and burns, Im working down the coast at the moment and can detour on my way home, Im guessing its the new tent??
Work mobile 0408455413

NAGG
18-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Give us a yell mate if it crashes and burns, Im working down the coast at the moment and can detour on my way home, Im guessing its the new tent??
Work mobile 0408455413

If what crashes & burns ;D ...... All cool , I'm working in Coopers Plains tomorrow

Chris

Tropicaltrout
19-02-2009, 06:21 AM
If what crashes & burns ;D ...... All cool , I'm working in Coopers Plains tomorrow

Chris
So whats this you trying a teflon attack:curtain: Mr Nagg Why so humble:uhoh:

Nath

Peter4
19-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Interesting thread boys......we got home late yesterday, cleaned gear, repacked lures, replaced leaders and are ready to go again!!

Full report & pics will follow later today.........

Big_Ren
19-02-2009, 09:10 AM
I need at LEAST half an hour's notice for a trip;D I'm so bloody OCD I have my checklist (as long as my arm) laminated, with spare laminated copies filed away and electronic copies on 2 flash drives;) Now that we have shifted homes, I will be able to have the boat in the garage permanently packed and ready to roll.

Sounds like you boys are in for a fun weekend.....showers and storms....they are a certainty Whitto. Good luck to all heading up and have a safe trip. I'll be up there for a few days from 25 March.

Cheers
Paul

Whitto
19-02-2009, 10:58 AM
I'd be disappointed Paul if it didn't piss down with the occasional storm;D....hopefully it will be a half reasonable trip.....Brian and his groupies....Nath & Deano...not sure who else.....all are welcome to have a guzzle and share a fire...we'll have a good time we always do.......Whitto::)

robersl
19-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey Whitto myself and a mate hope to be there about 6pm leaving caboolture about 1.30 green ford ,stessco boat, hope it don,t rain to much i see we have a severe storm warning at the moment for the southeast out near esk

shane

Whitto
19-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Shane good stuff....I will be leaving Strathpine around Lunch time....with this heat I will be surprised if we don't get a storm at Mondy.....just heard on Foxtel that the severe storm warning for the South East has been downgraded.....We will be up the top end near the power station Camp kitchen....look for a White Rodeo & Stessco Tintannic....C U Later Whitto

BR65
19-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Shane good stuff....I will be leaving Strathpine around Lunch time....with this heat I will be surprised if we don't get a storm at Mondy.....just heard on Foxtel that the severe storm warning for the South East has been downgraded.....We will be up the top end near the power station Camp kitchen....look for a White Rodeo & Stessco Tintannic....C U Later Whitto

Top of the hill sounds like a good spot Whitto, with the forecast in mind.

BR65
19-02-2009, 07:43 PM

Chris

Chris, I know this will take some adjusting to mate, but up here we drive on the LHS of the road :o

darylive
19-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Very tempting but Weather looks like crap!

chewy01
19-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Good luck fellas,im fishing for food this weekend. Hope you slay em..

robersl
19-02-2009, 08:08 PM
is a litre of rum enough for the 2 nights mmmm
Oh by the way i have my camera fully charged in case we see wild silverbacks and the obligatory where's Brian photo

shane

Whitto
19-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Very tempting but Weather looks like crap!
Gee's it's not stopped you before Daryl......a bit of that harden up princess and you won't even notice it's raining:D

Whitto
19-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Top of the hill sounds like a good spot Whitto, with the forecast in mind.AAAhhhhhh Yes Silverback Hill....it's certainly high and dry Brian...just got to watch where you put ya feet;D

BR65
19-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Rainy weather Shane, best to pack extra rations mate.

What is it about Monduran and storms, is it some sort of storm alley up there or what? Good thing theres plenty of hills and inlets to tuck into and ride em out.

Whitto
19-02-2009, 08:21 PM
is a litre of rum enough for the 2 nights mmmm
Oh by the way i have my camera fully charged in case we see wild silverbacks and the obligatory where's Brian photo

shaneYa should scrape through with a litre Shane.....You will see at least I Silverback...My much larger partner in crime won't be in attendance...he makes 4 of me and all muscle;D

robersl
19-02-2009, 08:26 PM
well 150kg myself ,
Brian rain coat whats that rain is ok its lightning i hate
the new penn pinpoint 568cxh is going to get a hotout this weekend as well

shane

Whitto
19-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Rainy weather Shane, best to pack extra rations mate.

What is it about Monduran and storms, is it some sort of storm alley up there or what? Good thing theres plenty of hills and inlets to tuck into and ride em out.Storm Alley says it all Brian.....have experienced 2 Separate storms in the one night...shite of a place sometimes>:(

darylive
19-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Gee's it's not stopped you before Daryl......a bit of that harden up princess and you won't even notice it's raining:D

Storm Alley says it all Brian.....have experienced 2 Separate storms in the one night...shite of a place sometimes>:(

I hear ya Whitto, I still haven't sorted the bilge pump from the last flooded trip, when the rain water in the boat got over the bilge pump despite it going flat out before it died. I must check there could be a fish stuck in there. :-[

Well I betsta git some sleep incase things change ::) .

I would definetly be on top of the bloody hill this time! Last time my camp filtered most of the rubbish before the water got to Callops! :'(

nipsta
19-02-2009, 09:34 PM
I hear ya Whitto, I still haven't sorted the bilge pump from the last flooded trip, when the rain water in the boat got over the bilge pump despite it going flat out before it died. I must check there could be a fish stuck in there. :-[

Well I betsta git some sleep incase things change ::) .

I would definetly be on top of the bloody hill this time! Last time my camp filtered most of the rubbish before the water got to Callops! :'(

yes i remeber that naggs and barraboss cooking in the rain and in the morning the camp kitchen look like a homeless house

DEANO68
20-02-2009, 06:34 AM
yes i remeber that naggs and barraboss cooking in the rain and in the morning the camp kitchen look like a homeless house

that weekend had nothin on the weekend before aussie day, watched a gust (while hanging off a tarp) come threw the gully and totally wipe out eight camp sites along the fence line in seconds. flattened, and these campers were up at H....:o , eskys looked like bowling balls spewin out cans,:o , mother nature, nasty....scary but an awsome sight....:P
deano..8-)

nipsta
20-02-2009, 07:38 AM
that weekend had nothin on the weekend before aussie day, watched a gust (while hanging off a tarp) come threw the gully and totally wipe out eight camp sites along the fence line in seconds. flattened, and these campers were up at H....:o , eskys looked like bowling balls spewin out cans,:o , mother nature, nasty....scary but an awsome sight....:P
deano..8-)

you might get a repeat tonight i say the wya the temperature is and the humidity so batten downb the hatch men the storm they are a coming and that might firs the barra up i reckon have a great weekend and hope yas catch some and nath enjoy the esky it might be the way to go

DEANO68
20-02-2009, 07:50 AM
you might get a repeat tonight i say the wya the temperature is and the humidity so batten downb the hatch men the storm they are a coming and that might firs the barra up i reckon have a great weekend and hope yas catch some and nath enjoy the esky it might be the way to go

cheers simon, hope its not to nasty, but we have weathered some bad ones, so
sorta gota expect them this time of year.....the esky is of non conductive material.
just keep the graphite down..;)
deano..8-)

Roo
20-02-2009, 09:00 AM
good luck boys. have fun, catch a fish, have a few truth syrups and talk gibberish to the wee hours. hope the weather holds up for you.

Cheers Roo.

DEANO68
20-02-2009, 09:25 AM
good luck boys. have fun, catch a fish, have a few truth syrups and talk gibberish to the wee hours. hope the weather holds up for you.

Cheers Roo.

cheers rod, not to worried about rain, just want to get some juice on the poly, and spill a beer on her...8-)

robersl
20-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Thats ok deano i will lend you one of my fish so you can juice her up mate

Shane

nipsta
20-02-2009, 11:46 AM
[quote=DEANO68;973756]cheers rod, not to worried about rain, just want to get some juice on the poly, and spill a beer on her...8-)[/quote/]

yeah i hope ya get one dean should be a good one and break ya drought new boat will do;D

darylive
20-02-2009, 01:07 PM
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgAs keen as I am ::)

Long drive to get washed out and only for a weekend? :-/

Borumba might be a better proposition, besides I have to take back the spare ol' mate loaned me last trip :(.

AVE A GOOD WEEKEND. THE MARCH FLIES ARE SHOCKIN AT THE MOMENT. >:(

I have just spent three days putting some troops through a 4X4 course and the Horse flies up rainbow way on the edge of the scrub and beach were thick as a polly boat! We saw a beautiful red belly black, the biggest I have ever seen. :o

Oh and did I mention the storms and wind forecast?
But you boys have a great weekend! 8-)

BR65
20-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Ah bugger the rain, I'd only be at home keyboard casting anyways, mose well go and get a wet bum, and maybe a fishey as well.
At least the beer wont go hot as quick as normal.

nipsta
22-02-2009, 06:44 PM
hey brian how was the weekend i bet yous all had a cracker of a time cant wait for all ya reports

darylive
22-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Looks like the days may have been OK and rain at night on the camp kitchen shed who cares.

Nip did you have any babies yet?

nipsta
22-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Looks like the days may have been OK and rain at night on the camp kitchen shed who cares.

Nip did you have any babies yet?

nah not yet crossing my fingers that it happens soon but you can never know when so anticapation is killing me

darylive
22-02-2009, 07:31 PM
nah not yet crossing my fingers that it happens soon but you can never know when so anticapation is killing me

Yep just like fishing ::)

darylive
22-02-2009, 07:33 PM
would it kill these blokes to report in?

I should have just bitten the bullet and gone I have sat around with the $#its all weekend doin bugger all!