PDA

View Full Version : Engine Height

TimD
15-02-2009, 07:09 PM
I own a 4.1 Polycraft with a tiller steer 40 hp yammie,Before i fitted the foil i had to have the leg trimmed all the way in otherwise it would porpoise and with the trim set all the way in it caused a lot of drag on the leg which made my steering arm sore after holding onto the tiller for a while.The SE Sport 200 foil has made the trim more useable and has made the steering heaps lighter once in the sweet spot but it also kicks up a lot more spray now.The furuno transducer used to kick up a bit of spray but now with the foil fitted it kicks up heaps more.Im not getting salt crystals under the cowling which is good but is there anyway to reduce the spray,Should i raise the motor a bit and see if i can get the foil up out of water a bit to reduce the spray.

cheers tim :)

frankgrimes
15-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Hey Tim - Yep, I'd raise her one hole....get your cav ~1 inch above keel

Mick

FNQCairns
15-02-2009, 10:08 PM
I agree esp so with the foil...even 2 holes if it will behave it's self.

cheers fnq

Steven78
16-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Hi Tim i had the same problem with my sounder and i bought a transducer cover from North side marine and it works a treat they are powder coated too.

Many Thanks Steve

Angla
16-02-2009, 10:12 PM
2 holes up would probably fix most of the spray and then a spray cover to keep the spray down if it is still a problem

The SE Sport should be out of the water completely when planing

Chris