PDA

View Full Version : Any one Know how this works

Roughasguts
15-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Hi Guy's I just bought a Jarvis marine safety blaster horn from Kmart, was 6 bucks.

Anyway it has no instructions it says blow here on the side of the pretty orange horm looking thing. And so far nothing not a sound! kids and missus have tried, so it's not only me that can't operate it.

So could someone tell me how to make it produce 120 DB it says caution very loud. ::)

I have still got the receipt so it might go back yet, but I need it to rid my boat space of jet skiers. Hate the way they charge up to me boat and do a 180 turn, and throwing an empty beer can does nothing.;D

Cheers

finga
15-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Any pictures?
My orange horn has to be blown in the end...not the side.

TimiBoy
15-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Don't stuff around - do it this way ;D;D;D

130 dB...

Cheers,

Tim

Roughasguts
15-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Any pictures?
My orange horn has to be blown in the end...not the side.

Hi finga, sorry mate I can't post piccys on this site i'm way to computer useless for that.

I googled Jarvis marine safety blaster and theres piccys there but no instructions or reviews on how to make it work.

Cheers

I might stoke the compressor up and see if I can make it sound like Tims.:o

Chimo
15-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Hi RAG

You probably have to purse your lips like your playing a trumpet / bugle.

Cheers
Chimo

PS Timi make sure your clears are up when you do you 130dba or you will need sick leave!

Roughasguts
15-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi Chimo, thats what me wife says, so I told her to wrap her lips around it.
Well obviously she's useless at that aswell Oooops!!!!!! um she does play the piano.

Been trying the purse the lips sort of stuff! might take it to work and get the Sydney sympony orchestra to try it out.

Even tried the air compressor at all angles not a squeek.

But the wife did find another site and the complaint line so emailed them for the instructions.

Finga yours I think was there it's got a whistle at one end orange as well.
Where did you get that one seems the go, this one is way to hard to operate.

Cheers Justin.

finga
15-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Bias old mate
http://www.biasboating.com.au/p-1034-plastic-mouth-fog-horn.aspx
It looks like an orange party horn on steroids not like these nancy fancy multi coloured dodads.
And loud :D
Cheers then
Scott