PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got a New Suzuki DF70/80/90 A Series???

Live4Fishin
14-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone on the forums has got one of the new suzi A series 70/80/90 yet??? Iv been looking around on the net, not much info yet though, their still too new8-)

Im starting to look at outboard options now for when i get my new boat built, will be between an etec 75-90 and a new suzi

they appear to be stacking up very well, they are currently the lightest 4 stroke at 160kgs for all 3

Beau:)

Tim_N
14-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Have you decided on what hull yet Beau?
Tim

Mrs Ronnie H
14-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Hi Beau
We have the new suzi 90 on our Formosa. First one fitted in qld.
I love it and although we are still running it in we are pleased with every aspect of it.
Our boat is 5.2 metres and seems a very good match. Comparatively shorter in length. 38 kg's lighter than the older models and more fuel efficient. I have not worked out the exact economy rate yet but I can tell you it will be good.

You can go to suzuki and print out the spec sheet, or I could at a stretch scan some of the manual for you if you let me know what you would like to know about.

Ronnie

sporty1
14-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Hi Ronnie

I am buyinhg a Formosa 5.2M Center Console and am deciding between an etec 90 and New Suzuki 4 stroke 90hp what were the deciding factors for you to go the way of the Suzuki. does it have enough power?

Izzey!
14-02-2009, 08:40 PM
i have the earlier 90 on a 5.45 morris marine plate center console. I belive it to be a 2lt motor with the new 90hp being 1.5lt.the new 100hp is running the old 90hp block they just recallabrated it.

Mrs Ronnie H
15-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi Ronnie

I am buyinhg a Formosa 5.2M Center Console and am deciding between an etec 90 and New Suzuki 4 stroke 90hp what were the deciding factors for you to go the way of the Suzuki. does it have enough power?

Hi
We looked over all the specs and compared each motor but in the end it came down to word of mouth and a trial run in a runabout fitted with an etec. We are not sorry we chose the suzuki.

Although we have not had any reason to push the motor to its limits I can say that we cruise along quite comfortable for now at around 4200 revs or abit more--( not that i know a great deal about this and we have only 10 hours running time) and still have plenty in reserve.

My brother has the 115 on his centre console 5.5 and he has the same-- plenty of power and plenty in reserve to be comfortable and safe.

Any bigger motor on these boats would simply be overkill.

Ronnie

ZigZag
18-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Hi Ronnie

Have to agree with you. I have the Suzi 90 on my Haines Signature 500 RF and with two of us aboard does more than I can handle.

Ditto on the fuel consumption. I had a Quintrex Bayhunter with a 60 hp 2 stroke Merc before this one and the fuel usage on the new one is far better than on the Merc even allowing for the higher hp on the new one.

Way to go !!;D

Grunter71
19-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Does anyone have any indicative pricing of the new Suzukis?

Mrs Ronnie H
19-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Does anyone have any indicative pricing of the new Suzukis?

I suggest that you shop around for a price. It may cost a few phone calls but save a few hundred.
We got ours through Satisfaction Marine, sadly they are gone but I am sure if you phone around you will end up with a good price.

Ronnie