PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

tailorboi99
13-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Hey guys, just wondering where the best place is to insure my fishing gear. I have quite alot that I don't want to be stolen etc. Also how much will it cost?

Tom,
Cheers in advance

TimiBoy
13-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Ask a couple of brokers. Don't go for price, go for coverage quality and claim settlement history.

Cheap insurance is always just that. You get what you pay for.

Cheers,

Tim

finga
13-02-2009, 08:19 AM
Ask your mum about including it as as special inclusion on the household insurance making sure it's covered away form the house.

I'll be going past your place tomorrow arvo Tom. I'll give you a tingle and hopefully you'll be home.
Cheers Scott

outsiderskip
13-02-2009, 08:29 AM
i too have added to my house insurance

pete

Jeremy
13-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Good to see you are a smart young fella. As above, add it to the household insurance policy for a very small additional cost. I am with AAMI and they were good when I left a lure bag and several expensive game fishing lures at a boat ramp last year. Good idea to keep a list of what you own and take photos as proof.

Jeremy

Dirtysanchez
13-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Good tip Jeremy, video or photo inventory list of everything is extremely useful in the unfortunate even you have to make a claim. I also like AAMI.

Scotts on the money about making sure the policy covers you for being away from the house.. Make sure you put real or exaggerated values on everything, there is nothing worse than being underinsured if it all goes pear shaped.

reidy
13-02-2009, 03:25 PM
As DS said above, over insure the value of your gear by around 10-15% as this will cover any/most price rises over a 12 month period (there are exeptions eg the last few months 20 or so % rise due to falling dollar and other financial factors).Far better hagling with the insurance company over stated value than copping a lower value payout on the chin.
Cheers
Reidy

tailorboi99
13-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks guys, I will ask mum about it then.

Cheers Tom

tailorboi99
13-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Also thanks Finga, I should be home.

Tom