PDA

View Full Version : Bli Bli barra park?

Kleyny
12-02-2009, 07:42 PM
what sort of gear do you guys use up there?

Do they let you use your own lures?

What size hooks bo you use with the pellets?

How big are the barra in there anyway?

thanks

neil

tailorboi99
12-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Hey Neil.

They supply the hooks to use with pellets. Also if you lose that 1 they give you they sell a pack for $2.00. There are 3 ponds/lakes. 'Barra creek' whihc is fish up to 3kg, 'Big boys pond' with fish up to a metre I think and lastly the mixed species pond which has a 30kg speciman in it. They let you use your own lures, I find the Squidgie Slick rigs are the best with 3" Berkley Gulp Swimming Mullet in most colours second. For gear I use 2 sticks usually, a 2-5kg stick with 8lb fireline on the 2500 size spinning reel and a Finesse bream rod 2-8lb with 4lb fireline on another 2500 spinning reel.

Good luck,

Tom

Keechie
13-02-2009, 04:33 PM
fish light its more fun, i go a bit suicide there lol, 1lb braid and anything between 4-8lb leader, or losing too many 4lb braid and 14lb leader. Use lures or the pellets they supply, the hooks they use are size 10's i beleive, get out there and give it ago!

kind_cir
13-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Size 10 hook for the pellets
bream gear, I use 2kg line and 2.7 kg leader and set the drag super loose so you don't get snaped off. then just tighten for the fight.

Poodroo
13-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Regardless of what you use there Neil I at least know you will be a pro at knot tying.;)

Poodroo

imnotoriginal
13-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Use mono if you're floating the pellets, fluoro if you're sinking them. I use 8lb at lightest, up to 12lb if I'm fishing the big boys pond. I find turtleback worms work well and I got a really good hit on a switchblade when the fish were shutdown, might be worth trying. Enjoy, it's a fun day.
Joel

Kleyny
14-02-2009, 09:38 AM
thanks guys.

I planed on useing my lighter gear but i wasnt sure id i should go 14lb or 6lb braid.

Thanks for the heads up on the mono for floating the pellet. It make sense now with most fluoros sinking faster than mono.

Cant wait to land my first barra even if it is at a farm.

Poo, Great catching up with you again. Always good to bounce ideas off other fishos. Thanks again for the day. I hit a bit of a snag on the gif animation (got to love being a computer dummy) but i did sign myself up to photobucket.

neil

Poodroo
14-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Poo, Great catching up with you again. Always good to bounce ideas off other fishos. Thanks again for the day. I hit a bit of a snag on the gif animation (got to love being a computer dummy) but i did sign myself up to photobucket.

neil

Well you can always make your way back for a computer lesson. ::)
Actually Neil it must be my turn to come to you. Let me know when it will suit and I can come and help you on YOUR computer.

Poodroo

Nico.d.R
14-02-2009, 03:37 PM
i would sugest that you buy the hooks there . i have tried other hooks similar size but the barra there are pretty smart and can normally pick the way the pellet sits on the water , they will swim right up close have a look and turn away if it sits different than the other pellets .

good luck

Nico.d.R
14-02-2009, 03:38 PM
oh yeah , it wouldnt hurt to bring some livies with you if you can keep them alive .

Mrs Ronnie H
14-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi all
We visited the park boxing day and i have never had so much fun. Light gear 2-4 kg rod with 3kg mono. No leader-- just tied the hook on and away. Tried some soft plastics but after a time went to the hook and pellets.

We had a blast-- well I did anyway. Sneaky little critters, you could see them come up and look and usually take the extra pellets you have thrown out to attract them. I bagged four and lost a few more but had a great time.

Well worth 25 bucks for 3 hours of fun.
Well worth a visit and if you have kiddies take them along to.

Ronnie

tailorboi99
14-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Yeah good work Ronnie,

Also you can buy bags of herring there I believe.

Tom