PDA

View Full Version : Strong Wind Warning?

Smithy
12-02-2009, 08:39 AM
How could they get it so wrong? Best day on the water in months weather wise yesterday. Was waiting to run home all day when this wind hit but it never did.

12kg hoo. First actually boated for the season. Been snipped a few times.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x197/blackfin15/Gamefishing/Pics008640.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x197/blackfin15/Gamefishing/Pics009640.jpg

And a barracuda from a couple of days prior mackerel fishing. Lost one and got a spanish about 7kg.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x197/blackfin15/Charters/2009/February/Pics006640.jpg

And Jeffo on a billfish solo from this last lot of photos I downloaded from a couple of week ago.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x197/blackfin15/Gamefishing/Pics004640.jpg

Tim_N
12-02-2009, 09:06 AM
You're not wrong Smithy. The forecast being as it was, had me going out on Tuesday, getting blown and bounced around because yesterday was supposed to be as rough as hessian undies.....not! Try flat as....where is the 30 knots?
Tim

lido76
12-02-2009, 01:20 PM
I hear ya smithy was ready to go since last friday. Forcast on friday for yesterday was 3-7knts and as the days past the wind was getting stronger and they finally posted the wind warning so that was it another trip canned. woke yesterday and began cursing no wind its ok I told myself it will pick up soon???(it did finally pick up today) rang a mate up your way about lunch time and he told me it was like a mill pond out there and I can see by your photos it was. Dam the weather forcasters. Forcast for next week looking good atm might see you on the water next wed or thurs..
CHEERS BRENDAN.
ps has there been much bottom action out there of late???

tailorboi99
12-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Good Wahoo, was was it caught on?

Tom

nofrills
12-02-2009, 04:04 PM
yea scotty reelscream and i pulled the pin on an overnighter tuesday night.Got a bouncin on tuesday the same as you timmy only to wake to a dead calm day yesterday after we are home and hosed. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

cheers scotty

craigie
12-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Very nice Smithy ! Glad to see someone enjoyed the "Perfect day' !
Was there much bait showing on the sounder or surface ??

I too made the call to go Tuesday and got belted with the other lads in 20kn NE for most of the day East of Moreton Is. Pulled the hooks on a couple of Spanish which left us with a fishless day !!

Cheers
Craigie.

Smithy
12-02-2009, 05:56 PM
A few grassies are about and mixed in with them the odd snapper I have heard on the grapevine. I've only got what you have seen in the recent pics and a few undersize things. I found some livies the last few days so will be good to fish them soon and see how they go.

reel scream
12-02-2009, 07:57 PM
yea scotty reelscream and i pulled the pin on an overnighter tuesday night.Got a bouncin on tuesday the same as you timmy only to wake to a dead calm day yesterday after we are home and hosed. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

cheers scotty

To say i had the Shites would be an understatement. Bashed and drenched in a can;D . Good company though Scotty:-* . And the Schoolies taste nice.

I did look at the syn chart and will back myself from now on. Fingers Crossed.

Nice Hoo smithy. Few and Far.

Cheers Scott

sempre
12-02-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm hearing you Rob , I didn't go based on the forecast .

wak69
12-02-2009, 08:04 PM
great catch smithy, great conditions....

skipalong
12-02-2009, 08:17 PM
nice going smithy

only the couple of blues the last few weeks,

have been told by a good mate the big bruisers are starting to come in north
he got 3 the last week biggest at 19kg

justin...

two up
12-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Fishing on the south coast NSW last weekend was only supposed to be 20-25 knots, quite fishable but lumpy. Pull lines in when it gets close to this for the ride in, call coastal patrol who say forecast just upgraded to 38-40 knots. Hits about 5 mins later, what should have been a 1 hour ride turns into a 2 and a 1/2 hour white knuckle ride.

sleepygreg
12-02-2009, 11:29 PM
I know that feeling Two Up. Have been caught in many unforecast blows on the NSW south coast. Had a 3 hour trip accross twofold bay in a 50 knot westerly that hit without any forecast or warning. Locals always say.....watch the sky....and learn the cloud patterns. More reliable than any forecast when you are on the water. Glad you made it back safely.

Greg

Smithy
13-02-2009, 09:38 AM
I was calling Seaway Tower all day waiting for the change to hit down there. That gives me a couple of hours head start usually. Bill Corten when he is working South Passage is also a good bet as well and he lets me know when it hits down there. The other thing to look for is a whispy spiral low down cloud. See that, bug out straight away.

nofrills
13-02-2009, 01:01 PM
[ I found some livies the last few days so will be good to fish them soon and see how they go.[/quote]

hey smithy

I cant remember the last time i had to troll with dead baits because i could'nt get some livies but last monday and tuesday i could'nt get a livie to save myself.
It was that crook that on monday arvo on the way home i pulled 1 yaka of a average size so i bought him home in the bait tank and put an aerator in with him all night only to find him dead on tuesday morning as he managed to get jammed between the tank wall and the pump :'( .

Managed a good spanish on monday on a dead gar so hopefully next week if i can track down some good livies it will be on.

cheers scotty

ooglie74
13-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Hey scotty I have a good mark on the 5 mile at caloundra that holds big yakkas all year round.

Cheers Troy

nofrills
14-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Cheers troy

PM'd ya

Tim_N
14-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Even the Pro's reckon livies are hard to come by this year. And the other bit of info from the Pro's is that there's plenty of sharks on the shallow Mackerel troll grounds taking their fair share of fish. The Spaniards are fairly thin on the ground with only the occassional bigger model in amongst them.
Tim

capt. mud
15-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Lets all move on and stop living in the past!!!!

Tonite... leaving mooloolaba- midnite, tomorrow looks great especially after a big blow!

Bad luck if you have to work.......

cheers Capt. Mud

tae4551
16-02-2009, 07:05 PM
bad luck if it blew it's ass off