PDA

View Full Version : Say good bye 2 twin yammies, say hello 2 new suzi

tassie
11-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Hey all, Well the fishers had a make over;D. off goes the twin f60's and on goes the new 150 suzuki. geez she has some go now:P. also the boat has new dual batteries, new isolater, fully rewired, new bait tank pumps and bilge pump. she still has a bit of touch up paint 2 do yet. Id like 2 thank Keith at Jeffers motersport/ marine for all the work they have done and id strongly reccomend him if ur after a new motor or for any service work, and outboard repair work, he was great to deal with kept us up to date with all the work he done and he even invited us for the first water test where alot of other dealers dont do that.

well here is the pics8-)

Mad-One
11-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Very nice you should be happy

Phil

skipalong
11-02-2009, 07:59 PM
nice mate what kind kind of fuel econ, heaps better?

thats a huge motor for that boat

be like a new boat now

cheers justin

backlash08
11-02-2009, 08:00 PM
good on you tassie - sounds like a nice job
cheers - Craig

Luke G
11-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Your going to like the 150 mate, i've done 240 hours in 6 months with no dramas.

tassie
11-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Hey Justin we havent got a reading yet as we only gave the motor a quick run to make sure everything was right, we will know more on the this weekend, allthough shes only a bribie passage run this weekend with the weather the way it is, we neally had a 175 goin on her, but decided the 150 would be on holidays pushing her along;). shes running a 21 inch prop.

hey clee keith done a awsome job with it, im very happy with it. allthough that 250 on urs would b pretty nice as well:P

thanks luke thats good to here.

I will post some performance stats after the weekend.

cheers tassie

pilchardjones
12-02-2009, 06:16 AM
wow tassie,
yep i reckon a 150 on a 5m boat should just about do it ;D
steve

backlash08
12-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Hey Justin we havent got a reading yet as we only gave the motor a quick run to make sure everything was right, we will know more on the this weekend, allthough shes only a bribie passage run this weekend with the weather the way it is, we neally had a 175 goin on her, but decided the 150 would be on holidays pushing her along;). shes running a 21 inch prop.

hey clee keith done a awsome job with it, im very happy with it. allthough that 250 on urs would b pretty nice as well:P

thanks luke thats good to here.

I will post some performance stats after the weekend.

cheers tassie

Hi tassie, yep the 250 is a nice thing, on the 7M the performance and economy is very good, glad i didnt go the 300 now
cheers - Craig

dnej
12-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Tassie, remember to let your insurance company know ASAP
David

scoota
12-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Well, all you need now is the no smoking and fasten your seatbelts sign, a couple of wings and maybe one day I will see you fly past us;D ;D

Thats if I don"t blink;)

Looks good!!!!

Scoota...

PS
Will have to do a Bribie offshore winter M&G again this year!

tassie
12-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey Steve yeah mate only just;) were exspecting around the 40-50 knots out of her but we will see.

Thanks David all sorted today.

Hahahaha Scoota, Mate we will be out at that m@g , got our bag limet on everything and back again with the boat washed, before you even leave the ramp;).
Well wishfull thinking anyway but its jst not gonna happen.:P

cheers tassie8-)

twist
13-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Hey Tassie,
Does that new motor have submarine mode????? He he he !

Looks good mate. Page and I will be following you from now on. Make sure you let him know about the ten more horses than his

cormorant
13-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Without twins it will be interesting if you will now need trin tabs on her.

Good to hear feedback on the difference in ride not just straight line as we know it will be a misile.

mirage
13-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Why the change Tassie? I've got 2 x 140 suzies and am very happy with em but I would have thought those yammies would have been just about perfect for offshore work in that size boat.

tassie
13-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Hey Tassie,
Does that new motor have submarine mode????? He he he !

Looks good mate. Page and I will be following you from now on. Make sure you let him know about the ten more horses than his

Hey mate well she's finally back on the water;D and were ready 2 go fishing at a moments notice:P now but look at the weather just great ay:'(. Ive been trying 2 call pagey but he aint answering useless bugga;).

Hey corromont yeah we noticed a little bit of change in the stability on the test run, might see how she goes for a while and in the near future i might have to invest in a set.

Hey mirage, well the 60's were a little bit under powered being the carby model, and they didnt mind the fuel because they was always working. woulda liked to put twin 70, 80 or 90 zukes on her but the way the prices went on them single was the better option.

cheers tassie

tassie
16-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Hey, well the 150 pushes her along nicely, she hit 48 knots with 3 people, 200 L of fuel and the kill tank was full of water. and we still couldnt test the stability difference as it was just to calm. Now just bring the weekend on, lets go fishing.

cheers tassie

Luke G
16-02-2009, 08:10 PM
48 knots is hooting. Is it better on fuel then the old yamahas?

tassie
16-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Hey Luke, yeah mate its getting up there:). That reading was off the guages as the g.p.s stopped working but is all fixed now, it will be good to get a reading from the g.p.s on the weekend once we take her outside. Dont really know about the fuel econemy yet as we was only running around the bribie passage at different revs, i think it will be much better then the yammies as its hardly workin to push the boat where the yammies really had to work. Will post again when we take her on a decent run, either thursday, friday, sat or sun weather is looking good.

cheers tassie