PDA

View Full Version : hervey bay high tide

insideout
11-02-2009, 11:01 AM
hey all ,thought i'd post some piccies of the 4.01 tide at 9;45 this morning smashing over and doing general damage to our esplanade,( urangan end) besser brick wall. One day it will fall over, for it needs repair after every event like this... everytime the water hits the wall, it feels like somebody has hit our house...anyhow, piccies..

BARRAkid
11-02-2009, 11:59 AM
good pics mate i work across the road from where they where takin ill remember not to get the car parked there with tonights tide

the gecko
11-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the pics.

We are at Craignish, and I got woken to the sound of surf breaking on the beach. First time Ive heard that since Ive moved here.

Andrew

juju
11-02-2009, 12:36 PM
One owner low k 4x4 for sale....never been on the beach....

SeaHunt
11-02-2009, 03:13 PM
One owner low k 4x4 for sale....never been on the beach....

Exactly, I wonder how many of those cars driving through salt water will get a hose off when they get home. :P

GBC
11-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Any of you lot been up there long enough to remember engaging 4wd to drive that section after the cyclone covered the esplanade with sand?
Same night some funny locals drove a tinny into Digby's restaraunt to order dinner(it was about knee deep).

insideout
12-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Funny stuff! I havnt been here that long, but the prior neighbours had photos of when there was no wall there and some floods in the 70's where the water was lapping at our steps.Big tidal surge + big flood, scary...

GBC
12-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Yep, that's the one - the stormwater trenches (a block back) flooded with sea water and back flooded the esplanade.
We lived on signboard road (now boatharbour drive), and urrumbirra sanctuary - now housing - was under water.