PDA

View Full Version : Boat Detailing by Dave (Blackened)

Captain Seaweed
10-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Hello Fellas,
Today I had my 2000 Seafarer 6.2 detailed by Dave. I had heard there was a detailer on here and I searched and found Dave (Blackened). First phone call he was very professional and came accross as an enthusiastic bloke who knew what he was talking about and understood what I needed done. I explained that my boat was starting to get some sun damage on the top and it looked a little chalky.
Dave spent a full day (8Hrs)on my boat and charged $60/Hr including materials.
The boat has come up superb. It looks the best it has so far. All blemishes are gone from the gel coat and the boat is immaculate inside and out. He even managed to find a frog that was camping out in my boat.
Dave detailed inside and out, carpets, clears, conditioned upoholstery and polished stainless. A job that would have taken me a weekend. Considering it normally costs approx $250-$300 for a days offshore fishing this is a small investment in maintaining the boat.
I would thoroughly recommend Dave for a detail to anyone and will book him in every 12 months as maintenance on my vessel.

Regards
Marty

Steeler
10-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi Marty.
Your comments regarding the quality of Dave's work come as no surprise to me.Recently i asked for some advice and Dave was most helpful not just steering me in the right direction for some decals but i also commented on how the gelcoat was looking a little worse for wear and Dave replied with a very thorough e-mail on what to do and get the best result.Living in Newcastle ( gods country ) means it is a bit difficult to have Dave perform a detail on my boat however i would not hesitate for a moment if i lived up that way and wanted my boat detailed.

Cheers

Steve

Vitamin Sea
10-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Agree Marty

Dave does a good job and is a decent bloke to boot

recommended

Cheers

Bill

Blackened
10-02-2009, 07:57 PM
G'day

Thankyou for the kind words marty, dare say she looks showroom again

I do also prefer to find frogs rather than redbacks in clients boats :D

Enjoy the next trip in her as the pride you will have in her at the ramp will be pretty bloody good

Dave

upstart
10-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Great to hear. Can anyone recommend a bloke in Townsville who can do a similar job?

PinHead
10-02-2009, 08:21 PM
I have to concur...Dave detailed my 30' Chaparral just before I sold it..we did have a chuckle that he spent 2 days working on it prior to it going on a truck to Vic.

Since then he has done a polish etc on my current boat ( I am a lazy bugger) and once again money well spent.

Thanks Dave and will be in touch for the next polish on the boat when it needs it.

backlash08
10-02-2009, 09:19 PM
where is dave located?

kokomo
10-02-2009, 09:33 PM
manly west

Blackened
11-02-2009, 05:34 AM
manly west

G'day

That's correct, and the back of the ute. totally mobile

Dave

krazyfisher
11-02-2009, 06:03 PM
maybe you need to do a road trip north....if so book me in

wanderingoz
15-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Dave,
Do you travel to Runaway Bay Marina? I have just bought an oldish ;) (like me) 5.5m Deltacraft Islander that I am taking out to have the anti-fouling done next week or the week after. I'd love to get it detailed at the same time if you might be available.

Steve O