PDA

View Full Version : MONDURAN Boat ramps ?

paulp
07-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Will be there for the first time weekend the 14th for 5 days :)
Cant find information about the ramps
Will I need to bring my wifes 4x4 or my ute is suffient
Take into consideration if it was to rain
Boat is 5mt alum
Advise would be apreciated

::)

BR65
07-02-2009, 10:47 PM
2wd is fine, the later you leave it to launch in the morn, the worse it is, problematic to a fishery increasing in popularity

PaulMark
07-02-2009, 10:50 PM
What Brian means is first in best dressed,8-)hope your an early riser:).If you can put in before 5 you should be cool.Gets very busy later.
Paulo.

robersl
08-02-2009, 06:31 AM
i used the dirt ramp a few weeks ago with a ford au sedan and had no worries a few rutts in places but you can get 6 boats at a time launching there

shane

BR65
08-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Just as a comparison, this is the dirt ramp at around 18%, if I remember right.

Whitto
08-02-2009, 09:58 AM
You are dead right Brian, Just a trickle, fortunately the next dirt over toward the cement ramp opens right up with plenty of room, conventional vehicle's may struggle on the cement ramp if you have a heavy boat, can get a bit tricky. Just as a foot note how good was the fishing at 18%......Magic

BR65
08-02-2009, 10:32 AM
You are dead right Brian, Just a trickle, fortunately the next dirt over toward the cement ramp opens right up with plenty of room, conventional vehicle's may struggle on the cement ramp if you have a heavy boat, can get a bit tricky. Just as a foot note how good was the fishing at 18%......Magic

The sticks up the back of H mate, awesome fishing there in tiger country:o

Forgot to mention that the concrete ramp gets a lot of gravel on it after heavy rain, and can get a bit loose and slippery, specialy if, like Whitto says above, ya tub is on the larger size.

robersl
08-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Well brian that answers one of my questons mate whats under the water at the dirt ramp lol

shane

BR65
08-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Glad I could help out Shaneo. In early December there was a platypuss working there, in amidst all the boats launching and retrieving, he popped up right beside me as I waited for the boys to back the trailer down!
If you ever run into my mate Noel up there, ask him about the time he launched at 3.30am, first time useing the dirt ramp, we were on the water and allready heading up the system, and he turned left instead of turning right, apparently that little drain goes up a ways, took him a while to figure out that wasnt the way to the basin lol.

nipsta
08-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Glad I could help out Shaneo. In early December there was a platypuss working there, in amidst all the boats launching and retrieving, he popped up right beside me as I waited for the boys to back the trailer down!
If you ever run into my mate Noel up there, ask him about the time he launched at 3.30am, first time useing the dirt ramp, we were on the water and allready heading up the system, and he turned left instead of turning right, apparently that little drain goes up a ways, took him a while to figure out that wasnt the way to the basin lol.

now that could have ended in tears thats for sure going that way i just wonder if the a barra or 2 are hiding in the corner bit ive seen heaps of bait there at times

BR65
08-02-2009, 07:50 PM
now that could have ended in tears thats for sure going that way i just wonder if the a barra or 2 are hiding in the corner bit ive seen heaps of bait there at times

wondered that myself Simon.
Theres some ugly timber in that drain when she dries out, Ive bounced off a few as the levels dropped year before last.
Sure I read somewhere on another site (our fav barra fishos Nath!) about some bloke hooking up at the dirt ramp.

robersl
08-02-2009, 07:54 PM
i had alook at the drian on google the other day it does go up a little way indeed and no reason why fish willnot be caught there i did hear of one on the weekend i was there caught at the ramp

shane

paulp
08-02-2009, 09:46 PM
It looks like will take 4x4 that cement ramp looks steep
And the gravel if it rains
i wanna be sure
Thanks all

mylestom
09-02-2009, 05:20 AM
Been up there fishing for the last five years and never had a problem launching with the falcon.

Guess it just a matter of taking your time.

Lots of options, as well there is the ramp where they anchor the houseboat, also the dirt ramp on the side of the concrete ramp.

The cement ramp is not steep if you want to compare with a few others like Teemburra and Faust for instance, and there are other steeper ramps once the water drops.

Regards

Trev

Whitto
09-02-2009, 05:24 PM
now that could have ended in tears thats for sure going that way i just wonder if the a barra or 2 are hiding in the corner bit ive seen heaps of bait there at timesSimon/Brian Les McBarra was telling me at it's highest he used to catch Barra up that Creek....so it's possible

darylive
09-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Will be there for the first time weekend the 14th for 5 days :)
Cant find information about the ramps
Will I need to bring my wifes 4x4 or my ute is suffient
Take into consideration if it was to rain
Boat is 5mt alum
Advise would be apreciated

::)

Be careful with those ramps mate the basards go straight into the water!

nipsta
09-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Be careful with those ramps mate the basards go straight into the water!
and be carefull soming round the sharp bends at the top of the road leadin towards the ramp you can loose the front and nearlly go off the cliff trust me i know i nearlly did and speed wasnt a factor the road surface was but they have since resealed the old surface

darylive
10-02-2009, 05:48 PM
and be carefull soming round the sharp bends at the top of the road leadin towards the ramp you can loose the front and nearlly go off the cliff trust me i know i nearlly did and speed wasnt a factor the road surface was but they have since resealed the old surface

Oh yea "it's the roads fault. " ::)
I wish had a carton for every time I have heard that ;D