PDA

View Full Version : favorite lures for bass at Big W

PinHead
07-02-2009, 08:25 AM
I am after suggestions for what people favour for bass at Big W..spinnerbaits?
bibbed lures? anything else. Fishing from yak. thanks

akman1
07-02-2009, 09:25 AM
been having success with fluoro purple stumpjumpers,black/red spinnerbaits and $16 abu reels with line-you can afford to trash em.

Was thinking shop not dam,sat morn-shoulda stayed in bed':-/ DOH

Big bosco 1
07-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi Pinhead i have found the outback lures billabong bug suface lure in blue with black stripes is a total killer on bass in my local waters i have caught up to five bass in an evening session of late when nothing else was working and at $3.48 each from big w they are top value;D ;D .

Cheers Bosco 8-)

ps have even caught catfish aswel

aussiebasser
07-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Hi Pinhead,

I'm assuming you mean you are fishing Wivenhoe, and not buying Bass lures at Big W. If so, during the warm months, avoid rattles and flash, unless you want to catch forkies.. Natural timber lures are the go, Terry Marshall's Garra lures work well there, as do original Blitz Baga's and Feral Cats. Spinner baits worked quickly on the drop offs also work.

Big bosco 1
08-02-2009, 06:50 AM
:-[ :-[ :-[ Hi pinhead looks like there is egg on my face hey should have known big w was short for wivenhoe i guess ? can,t help with lures for there as i have never fished it only brissie river downstream from there.

Cheers Bosco8-)

darylive
08-02-2009, 10:45 PM
:-[ :-[ :-[ Hi pinhead looks like there is egg on my face hey should have known big w was short for wivenhoe i guess ? can,t help with lures for there as i have never fished it only brissie river downstream from there.

Cheers Bosco8-)

PINHEAD

you get that on the big jobs; in the bush

Jeremy87
09-02-2009, 09:40 AM
If you find them schooled on the sounder 20 gram metal jigs murder them. but trolling something thats going to get down 7 or 8 metres is probably the easiest way to pick up a fish, just stay away from the shallow stuff or catties will be your friend.

PinHead
09-02-2009, 01:11 PM
thanks for the advice