PDA

View Full Version : How often has you received good advice in the Boating section??

finga
06-02-2009, 04:48 PM
OK be honest.
How many times have you had a query about boating and you've put a question up here and received good advice that has either solved your problem, saved you a matza, or given you great ideas.
If so how about saying ta and donating a buck or so to the "Worlds Greatest Shave" for each time you've received help. If you can that is.
Good cause and a great way of saying ta the site for providing the help.
[/URL][URL]http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/TeamPage.aspx?EventID=9529&LangPref=en-CA&TeamID=32888 (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=143985)

So please think hard about it people. How much have you got out of the Boating section on this website??

....Except you Splash. We wouldn't want you to mortgage the house for this worthwhile cause ;)

Thanking you
Scott :)

honda900
06-02-2009, 05:19 PM
LOL ,

Settle splash, a couple more reds,

Yep me, got a couple and have donated..

Regard
HOnda..

danny412
06-02-2009, 09:29 PM
As a new boatie Ive got lots of advice, knowledge and learnt about things I wouldnt have even thought to ask, as for charities, $50 a fortnight to cancer, wife lost dad to it, as for me whenever the salvos are around $50- $100 depends on whats in my pocket. I'm ex Army and those guys ( Salvos ) turn up in some wierd places with hot or cold drinks, biscuits, chewys etc, they look after the familys etc. They never ask for much but give lots more.

lippa
06-02-2009, 10:03 PM
my mums doing the greatest shave too! i have already donated a considerable amount there guys, sorry.

i think i've been told off more times(jokes) in the boating section any way!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEWIENEWIE
07-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Havent got 2 bob to rub together at the moment but more than happy to donate some free surf lessons from my business to be raffles prizes if it helps. Let me know.
Jewie

darkside
07-02-2009, 01:42 PM
real good advice , in fact it was the starter of this thread that offered it to me regarding an electrical problem which is apparently his forte . And yes, kicked in some coin for the "shave"

kind_cir
07-02-2009, 05:53 PM
I donated $2 and have only got good advice from here once. Can you give me back $1 and we'll call it quits.

No keep it it will only cause agro. LOL

darkside
08-02-2009, 09:58 AM
And i will have to kick a few dollars "lippa's" mums way, remember Bryan, be nice to your mum.!!!!

Chooksy
08-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Great cause, so gave some of the beer money, don't tell the missus though ;)

black runner
09-02-2009, 07:54 AM
I have not only received (and had the opportunity to give) useful advice, but also found it to be a good knowledge base to search on.

The team has raised $4500 so far - Good work and go Team Ausfish!

finga
12-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Anybody else saved money from information received from this site???
I reckon there must be as this thread was 3 pages into oblivion after only 3 days.
Please, if you can spare a dollar or two donate.
Thanks Scott :)

PinHead
12-02-2009, 05:45 PM
I have received heaps of advice from this site finga..most of it has told me to bugger off but that is life...I have already donated a couple of bucks to the cause so how about the rest chip in with a few bucks.

Rufus
13-02-2009, 05:35 PM
As a new boatie Ive got lots of advice, knowledge and learnt about things I wouldnt have even thought to ask, as for charities, $50 a fortnight to cancer, wife lost dad to it, as for me whenever the salvos are around $50- $100 depends on whats in my pocket. I'm ex Army and those guys ( Salvos ) turn up in some wierd places with hot or cold drinks, biscuits, chewys etc, they look after the familys etc. They never ask for much but give lots more.

Hey Danny, with you here man, did 25 years myself, and yes, the Salvos turn up in the most unsuspecting places with either a hot coffee and a biscuit or a cold drink and a happy smile. They are worth their weight in gold. Have made a donation to this cause through my wife's process.

regards, Mark