PDA

View Full Version : My Sportfisher/ Fishing boat build she 's out of the shed

mungindi
05-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Afternoon,
Well it finally happened and I 've got her out of my shed. I made up a bit of a sled arrangement put it under the cradle, took the back of the shed off. Hooked up a tow line to the old cruiser kicked her into gear and took off, and never looked back .
Thankfully the boat came out alright and the shed is still standing so it's all good. It's the first time I have been able to clearly see the lines of it. took me surprise how big it really is. Other than that I'm pretty happy with it
Gary

BaitThrower
05-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Looks good mate.... although doesnt look like there is any water for 100s of kms near you in those pics! Better store the fisnished product at my house :)

finga
05-02-2009, 04:50 PM
I want to see it go to the ramp like that.
I'll even buy a ticket :)

Looking good though.
Any pictures a bit closer up??

PS go and put the back of the shed back on before you forget :-/

Cheers Scott :)

mungindi
05-02-2009, 07:30 PM
G/day BaitThrower,
Your'e right on the water siuation we are about 600klm from the salt, that will be put right shortly though as soon as I finish the boat we are moving back to the coast.
Hey Scott the shed is all good got it done as soon as the boat cleared it. Close up pictures, mate I just spent almost 2 years building this so as to get it out of a cramped shed to get some decent pictures of the shear on it . Anyway I'm not that keen on close ups as the paint job on the hull really isn't that flash.
Hit this link there are a heap of photos of the build
http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s303/garyboat/Boat%20construction/

Gary

Angla
05-02-2009, 10:19 PM
That looks like a good build project. Good luck on the completion stages. Are you building the trailer too?

Chris

mungindi
06-02-2009, 04:33 AM
Thank's Angla,
I have already bought the trailer, from Robina trailers on the Gold Coast I'm just trying to work out which way to set it up . It's got rollers on it at the present I'm not sure whether to keep the keel rollers and go with bunks down the sides or keep the wobble rollers. I have never set up a trailer at all before so I'am not that sure which would end up the easiest and the most simple set up to get going and use in the long run. I'm open to all suggestions on this one. Building the boat was the easy part this trailer thing has me buggered
Thank's Gary

PinHead
06-02-2009, 04:43 AM
the boat is looking good..so you really are at Mungindi...have they sealed that road from Moree yet..that was always fun in the wet.

mungindi
06-02-2009, 04:52 AM
G/Day Pinhead,
Yeah it's all sealed ,your'e right it was a fun turn out in the wet, kept you on your'e toes
Gary

The-easyrider
06-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Looks sht hot I was wondering how it was going to come out of the shed , but didnt ask as I thought you proberly had a plan.